Worst First Dates

MasterBroshi
MasterBroshi Posts: 108 Member
Everyone has had at least one horrible first date. Do tell.

Replies

• Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Too many to post about.

That one guy with no teeth that chain smoked the entire time and had me buy him a burger at the DAIRY Queen has to be up there though.
  • MasterBroshi
    Too many to post about.

That one guy with no teeth that chain smoked the entire time and had me buy him a burger at the DAIRY Queen has to be up there though.

Was that a blind date? You had to have known he didn't have teeth beforehand hahahaha.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Nope.. not me :'(
  • MasterBroshi
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Nope.. not me :'(

I don't know if that is something to be sad about. Consider yourself lucky....Unless you have never been on a date in general. Then....yeah *pats head*
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Too many to post about.

Was that a blind date? You had to have known he didn't have teeth beforehand hahahaha.

First online dating app date ever. I was sooo naive. When I was about 5 mins away from where we were supposed to meet, I called him for final directions. He then told me he had some dental "issues" and that most people were cool with it.

Apparently he wore false teeth usually, so his pics all had nice teeth. I guess a first date is not a special enough occasion to wear them to.
  • MasterBroshi
    Too many to post about.

First online dating app date ever. I was sooo naive. When I was about 5 mins away from where we were supposed to meet, I called him for final directions. He then told me he had some dental "issues" and that most people were cool with it.

Apparently he wore false teeth usually, so his pics all had nice teeth. I guess a first date is not a special enough occasion to wear them to.

I guess he said "Take me as I am, or don't take me at all!"
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Wasn't necessarily the date, which was bad on its own, but the fact that she hung out in my parking lot for two hours after she dropped me off "incase I changed my mind about doing something after dinner".
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    I once left a date at half time. I told him I was going to smoke. Bad first date for me, worse for him.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    This guy and I went for coffee as a first date. We're in similar professions, both into fitness, I figured we had some common ground there.

About 15 minutes into the date he suddenly announces that the sandwich advertisement behind me is making him REALLY hungry so he MUST go home and eat. He bolts.

Lamest excuse for bailing, ever.
  • MasterBroshi
    ythannah wrote: »
    This guy and I went for coffee as a first date. We're in similar professions, both into fitness, I figured we had some common ground there.

About 15 minutes into the date he suddenly announces that the sandwich advertisement behind me is making him REALLY hungry so he MUST go home and eat. He bolts.

Yeah, that is pretty awful. Did you feel like the date was going south at all?
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    ythannah wrote: »

Yeah, that is pretty awful. Did you feel like the date was going south at all?

Not really, I thought we were chatting away pretty well. Then out of the blue, sudden starvation.

I had no contact with him for several months after that until he started texting me on my birthday ( not knowing it was though). I was out with friends at the time and didn't get into a long convo.
  • CNG24
    CNG24 Posts: 432 Member
    Got dropped off at the front to door to grab a table and he bailed on me. I had no car...as he picked me up...
  • jgdsf73
    jgdsf73 Posts: 41 Member
    CNG24 wrote: »
    Got dropped off at the front to door to grab a table and he bailed on me. I had no car...as he picked me up...

Ouch! Doesn't sound like much of a gentleman.
  • CNG24
    CNG24 Posts: 432 Member
    jgdsf73 wrote: »
    CNG24 wrote: »

Ouch! Doesn't sound like much of a gentleman.

Total douchbag. But I'm much better off without that one bahahaha
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited August 2018
    I mean....I have many sadly...But the one most recent that stopped me looking again entirely, Although it had been built up by others going bad i just snapped here...I was planning on going for a long walk that day for exercise, Told him i cant meet up my plan was to walk. He asked if he walked with me if we could meet up. I said sure but know im walking. Im exercising your just joining. Walked 40 mins to meet him in his area, He walked half a block- Sat down on a bench acting out of breathe...And asked me to sit in his lap.

Like, wait, So your so out of shape you cant walk half a block...And expect me to be so turned on i wanna sit in your lap? As a total stranger..?

I literally ran away xD *kitten* that
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Being told I love you on the first date. Creeeeeepy! 😶

• book_luver
    book_luver Posts: 8 Member
    I met this person through a mutual friend..We ended up going to dinner one night and it was an okay time.. Then towards the end, he showed me a picture on his phone of a girl and said it was his girlfriend... but that I shouldn't be worried because they had an open relationship.. Maybe it's just me, but I felt like he should have told me about this tidbit a little earlier in the date! I didn't go out with him again.
  • book_luver
    book_luver Posts: 8 Member
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    I mean....I have many sadly...But the one most recent that stopped me looking again entirely, Although it had been built up by others going bad i just snapped here...I was planning on going for a long walk that day for exercise, Told him i cant meet up my plan was to walk. He asked if he walked with me if we could meet up. I said sure but know im walking. Im exercising your just joining. Walked 40 mins to meet him in his area, He walked half a block- Sat down on a bench acting out of breathe...And asked me to sit in his lap.

Like, wait, So your so out of shape you cant walk half a block...And expect me to be so turned on i wanna sit in your lap? As a total stranger..?

I literally ran away xD *kitten* that

Gross!
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    I decided to wear a short dress ... It was Summer in Los Angeles. He told me he was going to pick me up. In my stupidity, not wanting my neighbours to see me dating after a long hiatus ( refused to be the topic discussed over Sunday tea), I asked him to pick me up from work. He rolled up in his Harley. Thank God, the skirt was flared, as I couldn't change, but my hair and propriety weren't happy campers.