Unable to complete diary

Yesterday and again today I am unable to complete my diary at the end of the day. It is still counting the days I've logged in but won't let me close out the day. Anyone having the same problem or have a solution? Thank you in advance.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Don't complete it.... It doesn't do anything.

It only won't complete if you're under the lowest recommended calorie intake AFAIK - is there a reason you're under this amount?
  • lililomo
    lililomo Posts: 167 Member
    i can't complete my diary today either. my calories are all ok - it just seems stuck when i try to finish!
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Why bother? As others have said, it doesn't do anything.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    What happens? You tap 'complete' and then what happens.
    I know it isn't necessary to close the day but I do, I have not had any problems. (Android)
  • BeesAreWorthSaving
    BeesAreWorthSaving Posts: 7 Member
    edited August 2018
    Same problem when trying to complete the day, just get an error message, and now I can't access any of all the previous days' food diaries that I have posted. The error message "Sorry, but a server error occurred processing your request. Our team has been notified of the issue." Sure hope their tech support is on this.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    ... There is a tech support section, and please let them know is this happening on iphone, android or the web.
  • Ezaleon
    Ezaleon Posts: 18 Member
    It's happening for me too for like the past 3-4 days on my phone and on the website via my laptop. It's annoying. I like seeing the estimated weight loss in 5 weeks. I know that may not happen and it's just an estimate but it keeps me wanting to do it.
  • arcadedude44
    arcadedude44 Posts: 1 Member
    Same problem for me, for about a week now!? When attempting to complete the daily entry on my phone (Android, Pixel 3), it gives an error. When I go to the website, it lets me do it, no problem!? Is anybody working on this??
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,528 Member
    This was happening to me too, I deleted and reloaded the app a few days ago and everything has been fine since. It was frustrating as all my friends could close theirs, though now it sounds like I wasn't the only one experiencing this.
  • sinravo
    sinravo Posts: 1 Member
    I have had the same problem about 3 days, I have noticed today it worked until my Garmin watch synced to the app... I like seeing the estimated weight in 5 weeks
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    sinravo wrote: »
    I have had the same problem about 3 days, I have noticed today it worked until my Garmin watch synced to the app... I like seeing the estimated weight in 5 weeks

Just know that it is unlikely to be an accurate prediction.

I wish I could help beyond that. I haven't closed mine in over 2 years. MFP is buggy and some days just getting my food logged is a hair pulling experience.
  • TamHeck
    TamHeck Posts: 1 Member
    I am unable to complete my food diary today. I have never had problem before.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    It'll fix in a few days... wait it out lol.
  • Davez3
    Davez3 Posts: 2 Member

I think I know why but i dont know how to solve the issue. The days are off i noticed this when my diary wouldnt save. so i have to go to the next date that said tomorrow and treat it was like todays date and then i went one more and noticed it said Sunday. Meaning when it says "todays"diary it was ln friday when todays date was Thursday. so its off by one day so if you wait 2 days you can go back complete the diary and it will close out . so basically my fitness pal needs to fix the dates to they are correct
  • dpensive
    dpensive Posts: 4 Member
    I think Dave might be right. I've been having this issue for days now.
  • Mangoperson88
    Mangoperson88 Posts: 339 Member
    edited May 2021
    Almost Everyone on my FL is facing the same issue. I inboxed one of the mods @psuLemon and I didn't get a reply. This app is really beginning to suck
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Almost Everyone on my FL is facing the same issue. I inboxed one of the mods @psuLemon and I didn't get a reply. This app is really beginning to suck

FYI, the mods help keep things orderly on the forums but they aren't involved (to my knowledge) in how the app is functioning or not. They're just users like us, they just have a few more tools when it comes to the forums.
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Mine won't "complete" at end of day & I like to share with my friends group.
    Not sharing weight losses or fitness sessions either.
    Not sure how to contact the tech support.
  • tristaninpdx
    tristaninpdx Posts: 2 Member
    It's recently been telling me that I'm not eating enough when I know (because I've had this in the past) a safe caloric deficit.