Gains Pals - meal plan & shopping list

Need some pals to help with this weight gain journey. Add me plus I’m new to this app and Healthy eating, hoping to develop a shopping list and meal plan so some help wud get me started faster

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited August 2018
    To help with prep and planning I prelog - during the week I eat the same thing each day, so I just plan 1 day of food and multiply by 5.

This helps me know I'm getting the calories I need to achieve my goals. It also means I can buy in bulk (cheaper) and makes prep quicker/easier.

Just enter foods you'd like to eat in to your meals and adjust quantities and food choices to meet your calorie goal (and minimums for fat and protein). If you struggle to eat a lot of volume, choose calorie dense foods and consider incorporating calorific drinks as these may be easier to get down.
  • SlimmFit
    SlimmFit Posts: 37 Member
    Thank you
  • nijaturner7163
    nijaturner7163 Posts: 2 Member
    I’m trying to gain some weight also. I need some help ASAP.
  • SlimmFit
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I make plans to prepare a roast of some kind on Sundays, then use the meat in various dishes throughout the week. I fill in with vegetarian dishes based on tofu or lentils. Here's a sample plan.

I made up this plan for someone who could not tolerate gluten or milk.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rsNF_Pz-QJyLpDSdfsndq0Qh3aQWpTi3RZ83ceg8Jmg/edit#gid=0

Found this and about to try it tomorrow
  • livingleanlivingclean
    edited August 2018
    SlimmFit wrote: »
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I make plans to prepare a roast of some kind on Sundays, then use the meat in various dishes throughout the week. I fill in with vegetarian dishes based on tofu or lentils. Here's a sample plan.

I made up this plan for someone who could not tolerate gluten or milk.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rsNF_Pz-QJyLpDSdfsndq0Qh3aQWpTi3RZ83ceg8Jmg/edit#gid=0

Found this and about to try it tomorrow

Are you gluten intolerant? Do you like those foods? Do they meet your calorie goals?

You'll still need to plan lunches, snacks etc. Why not just make your own meal plan?
  • SlimmFit
    edited August 2018
    Not gluten intolerant, I haven’t come across any foods that I dislike yet. I have to look into the whole calorie counting thing bcuz I’ve never done that before. My food choices are usually whatever that’s quick, inexpensive and or colorful but I was gonna start with this, then customize it to what’s available and affordable. I just wanted a quick starter bcuz my ocd planning skills takes forever
  • livingleanlivingclean
    edited August 2018
    SlimmFit wrote: »
    Not gluten intolerant, I haven’t come across any foods that I dislike yet. I have to look into the whole calorie counting thing bcuz I’ve never done that before. My food choices are usually whatever that’s quick, inexpensive and or colorful but I was gonna start with this, then customize it to what’s available and affordable. I just wanted a quick starter bcuz my ocd planning skills takes forever

A quick start is one day of food - pick meals you currently eat and like and log them. You need to find entries for the individual ingredients or products and use a scale to weigh your portions.

To get used to logging, perhaps consider logging your current intake for a week or so. It'll give you and idea as to how you eat and where you may need to adjust things to better suit your goals.
  • SlimmFit
    Will certainly work on doing all that
  • SlimmFit
    Can anyone simplify this calorie gained thing ? Did the steps gain me calories?
  • famsstr36
    famsstr36 Posts: 6 Member
    I am trying to gain weight as well and want to maintain it when I reach my goal. Looking for friends for support and meal ideas.
  • SlimmFit
    Today wud have been Day 68 but I failed to log in yesterday :( 😞 I broke my streak and now I shall restart at 10:40 pm... I joined this aug 18, 2018 hoping to make a meal plan, buy some healthy groceries and start eating healthy... maybe even gain a few pounds but after 2months I realized that I haven’t been using this the way I really want.... i wasn’t using it the best way to help me.... I haven’t accomplished any of the real goals I truly aimed to accomplish but I hope to start tomorrow
  • Kdp2015
    Kdp2015 Posts: 519 Member
    I’ve decided to gain some weight back and could use some friends doing the same thing, feel free to add me :)
  • preciousleks
    preciousleks Posts: 213 Member
    Kdp2015 wrote: »
    I’ve decided to gain some weight back and could use some friends doing the same thing, feel free to add me :)
    am on a wight gain too will definetly add you
  • preciousleks
    famsstr36 wrote: »
    I am trying to gain weight as well and want to maintain it when I reach my goal. Looking for friends for support and meal ideas.

Weight gain too. will add you
  • preciousleks
    I’m trying to gain some weight also. I need some help ASAP.

Weight gain. will add you
  • SlimmFit
    edited December 2018
    I’m so late checking this but yes Certainly it’s always great to have friends motivating each other along the way
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Peanuts, pumpkin seeds, trail mix, peanut butter, and ice cream are my go-tos for quick calories. Tis the season for eggnog as well, so drink up!
  • abilene_
    abilene_ Posts: 11 Member
    Adding! I'm trying to gain as well. Had an account last year but it did not last long and I didn't gain any weight. I'm super serious about it now though!
    We'll get there!!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Kdp2015 wrote: »

It's good to see you saying that :flowerforyou: