Intermittent Fasting folks!

How have your results been?! And what’s your current eating window?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

I thought you were maintaining till after the wedding?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member

You can maintain and do IF.... :D
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

You can maintain and do IF.... :D

i never said you couldn't.
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    I'm down 16 pounds. My planned eating window is 12-8 but I often stop after dinner, so more like 12 to 6. For me it was easy to do because I don't usually eat a lot of breakfast. It doesn't work for everyone, for instance, my wife can't do IF but lost her weight eating three meals a day and counting calories. Everyone is different and IF is not magical by any means, just an easier way (sometimes) to maintain a deficit.
  • tablefor5now
    tablefor5now Posts: 19 Member
    I have been doing 16:8 IF for nearly a year and lost 20kg (44 pounds). In the last month or so, I've gained and lost the same kg. So thought I needed to change it up a bit and moved to 23:1 or OMAD. I've been doing that a week without any issues with the transition and have lost 2.5kg (over 5 pounds) in a week. I don't expect this level of loss to continue, but if I can do 1kg a week, I'll be happy. I'll keep doing 23:1 for a long as I can, or until I reach my goal of another 44 pounds down. Then I'll probably return to 16:8 or a mix of the two.
  • Nama_Slay38
    Nama_Slay38 Posts: 178 Member
    My current IF window is 16: 8
    Feeding window is from 1 p.m until 7 p.m . Staying within a defecit is key, been IF'ing for years, lost about 60 + lbs... it's a lifestyle!
  • crisma1974
    crisma1974 Posts: 52 Member
    I have been doing IF for 2 weeks and have finally lost 2 lbs. I had been stuck for a couple of months. I am only going to do it when I plateau. My eating window is from 9am-4pm.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I usually eat noon-8 or 1-9
  • Tonera98
    Tonera98 Posts: 3 Member
    I try to stick to 11-7 or 12-8. I know I like to snack at night so I think this has helped cut out a lot of calories for me.
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    edited September 2018
    I've been on a 16/8 for close to 14 years. It's now a part of my life. I'll never stop. It doesn't help lose weight any better than anything else. It simply gives me a sense of control. Where eating used to control me I now control my eating. I decide when and what I eat. That combined with a calorie deficit will never let you down. Eating to live instead of living to eat is very liberating for me.