WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,799 Member
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Machka - that's a million dollar view right there! I can't remember - are their stairs up to your place that your DH has to navigate or is the entry on ground level?

Taken August 3, 2015 ... the only time we've had snow down to our level. And actually, we had snow right down to sea level that day.

We live halfway up a 14% grade hill. So ..............

If you come in from the upper driveway, it's relatively flat ...

19619850614_8db6a3e6c1_z.jpg

If you come in from the lower driveway, it's a challenging climb ...

19619862604_95e0813a8e_z.jpg

Machka in Oz
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    <3<3<3<3<3<3
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    bwcetc wrote: »
    klanders30 wrote: »
    Yes, the cool bike sculpture is on the Rhodes university campus in so Africa—very unique and cool- the minute I saw it i thought of Machka!

My mistake! :) I never thought of needing jackets in S. Africa!

A lot of people don't associate snow with Australia either. :)

Machka in (rather snowy) Oz

I remember skiing in the Snowy Mountains in the southeastern part of New South Wales, just fantastic. It was magical!
    Rebecca 💗
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,901 Member
    :) Staying inside because of the smoke, I did some much needed bookkeeping paperwork with Jake pulled out his coloring. He used to do coloring to relax and hasn't done it in awhile. It was great to see him back at it.

:) My decluttering project is scanning photos. Last year we went through all our photos and discarded many and kept many more. The scanning is a huge walk down memory lane and I can do only a bit of it at a time but even at 6 photos a day, that would be about 2,000 in a year.

<3 Barbie
  • coastalgosgal
    Wendy Agree with what others have said, short factual answers without embellishment and ask for a question to be repeated if you need to. And keep Esmerelda in your pocket for courage.

Rebecca Not sure the Pork your son is looking at online is any different than Hustler or Playboy stashed under the mattress. He's 20. It's normal.

Karen in VIrginia

While what you described sounds normal, what he is doing is paying actual money on a online viewing ladies in real time issue. Tipping them with money and they do things. At this time, he would not be able to afford a ticket to come see us at Christmas time.
    Rebecca
  • coastalgosgal
    It wasn't my sexuality that was the problem Snowflake, it was my addiction to sexting on the internet that was. It was my coping mechanism choices, when I had a husband that was on death's door. Stress does amazing things, and I looked at it as finding validity in myself. Now looking back, I regret it all, and that is a guilt I live with daily.
    Rebecca
  • coastalgosgal
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Staying inside because of the smoke, I did some much needed bookkeeping paperwork with Jake pulled out his coloring. He used to do coloring to relax and hasn't done it in awhile. It was great to see him back at it.

:) My decluttering project is scanning photos. Last year we went through all our photos and discarded many and kept many more. The scanning is a huge walk down memory lane and I can do only a bit of it at a time but even at 6 photos a day, that would be about 2,000 in a year.

<3 Barbie

Oh I hope you get a windy day to blow the smoke away!
    Great job on the scanning! My husband likes to color too!
    Rebecca 💗
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,719 Member
    It wasn't my sexuality that was the problem Snowflake, it was my addiction to sexting on the internet that was. It was my coping mechanism choices, when I had a husband that was on death's door. Stress does amazing things, and I looked at it as finding validity in myself. Now looking back, I regret it all, and that is a guilt I live with daily.
    Rebecca

Sorry I may have worded that improperly. I just meant discussing anything that would make you think of your Mother as a sexual being could be difficult.
    I understand all too well how different emotions make us react in behaviours that we might not ever do. I cheated on my husband years ago, 7 years into our marriage. I have never stopped regretting it or trying to make up for it. The sad part is in my emotional state I blamed him for my behaviour. I can't ever forgive myself for that.

• coastalgosgal
    Rebecca

Sorry I may have worded that improperly. I just meant discussing anything that would make you think of your Mother as a sexual being could be difficult.
    I understand all too well how different emotions make us react in behaviours that we might not ever do. I cheated on my husband years ago, 7 years into our marriage. I have never stopped regretting it or trying to make up for it. The sad part is in my emotional state I blamed him for my behaviour. I can't ever forgive myself for that.

Awe, no worries, I was just stating my views💗. I learned that I was a survivor just like my husband was, when he got his transplant. I wrote down my past mistakes, and my therapist shredded them. I learned to forgive myself. I was not taught great coping skilks. I settled for how I was treated by men in general. Relationships before marriage were pretty much just hookups here and there.
    So now, husband and I are blissfully happy. I say to him he received a romantic liver!
    💗 Rebecca
  • coastalgosgal
    x5aj1nij0a9w.jpg

Cows all dolled up!
    Rebecca
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Checking in! I’ve been lurking too.

<3
    Dana in Arkansas
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,185 Member
    I managed to partly declutter one of those drawers that has unrecognisable connectors, wires and brackets in it. I've thrown away about fifty curtain hooks, but some things I kept just in case ...... Need to ask DH if he knows what they are. ;)

Snowflake - My DH has been very good with my minimalising, but he says he has gone through his CD and audio tapes collection and thrown stuff out. In my opinion there is still far too much there. He never listens to any of it and has an ipod and an MP3 with great headphones. However, it is not my place to tell him what to do. He doesn't have a smart phone, so is less inclined to part with physical music and all the junk that goes with it. The vinyl I can understand. All that stuff will be going in the front room of the new house, so I will only see it when I go in there for office tasks, like printing. It does annoy me though. :*:/;) Once the minimalising bug grips you it's very addictive! :D:p I am yet to tackle photos, Barbie, and don't know if I can. I have many large boxes. :s

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx