WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Replies

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,820 Member
    Ni hao, ladies! It is Around the World Adventure week for the daycare kiddos! Today we are "visiting" China. We have listened to music from the different provinces, read a few books about/that take place in China, made koi windsocks, practiced our chopstick skills by using them to pick up pom-pons and place them in a bowl, we had egg drop soup, chicken and veg stir fry with rice, and oranges for lunch. The kids did great with their chopsticks! Tomorrow we will "visit" Italy!
    It has been a busy weekend, so I have been reading all of your posts, but not commenting. Loving all of the photos of pets, animal visitors, artwork, family/friends...
    Sending healing thoughts to those with aching bones, muscles, heads, and hearts!
    I went to see my doc about my thyroid and we decided that I would first try to get it back in line through diet and exercise. SO...Going to really push myself to stick with my high protein meal plan. More veggies (but less of the cruciferous veg), whole grains, yes but not much. Less sugar, less treats, less alcohol. She (my doc) advised that I try to eliminate the alcohol and sugary treats completely for the first two or three weeks; if I make it three weeks, I can treat myself once a week. Sounds doable. I really don't want to take medicine, if I can control/fix this with a better eating habits.
    DH is not thrilled. He is a pill person. I get that. Pills are easier. But I can't get past the long list of possible side effects that seems to come with every pill. I figure, I got myself into this, and I will FIRST try to save myself before succumbing to pills.
    Rebecca- Pork is normal. I would say "for guys his age", but it seems to be a any age guy thing. I think it is very smart of you and your DH to show him what he will miss out on by spending his money this way! Perhaps along with thinking about putting $$ towards a trip home for the holidays, he could think about long term saving or putting money towards another goal...a car, an "adventure" trip, retirement...
    Snowflake- (I totally spaced your name! It is on the tip of my tongue...can you thee it?) For my 50th I got my first tattoo. I like the idea of a fundraiser type of event, though!

Well, signing off so that I can read my stuff about Italy and get tomorrow's activity and crafts ready. We are having meatball races, making our own leaning towers of Pisa, and making Venetian masks.

ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Thanks ladies, for your imput. It is easy for me to try to tell him, and not just let him figure it out on his own. Him and I have always been frank with each other. He grew up in a nudist family, so he's learned being nude in an appropriate setting has nothing to do with being sexual. My gosh he has played tennis with his brothers and I, at the resort. We all wore sun lotion and tennis shoes! It still makes me smile when we were all in that world! So, no Playboy magazines under my son's beds. I think it helped them thru their high school years, think positively about their self images. Its just my youngest that has done this. He is the only son that had to deal with my husband's illness firsthand. I think that has had an effect on him, more than even he realizes. Those are the things I can discuss with him, without referring to me at all👍.

Ooh today is another soup making day!
    💗Rebecca

• langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Tried to walk but just couldn’t do it because I’m not in a walking cast. Guess I’ll be on the scooter when I go back to work next week. Can’t wait until it comes off on the 5th!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    stats for the day:

no gym workout today:

wax hood of beast- set 30min, 200c
    walk to tan, jog home- 15.05min 12min mi, 147mhr, 1.2mi= 116c
    Apple Watch- 128c

total cal 316
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    cbpeocoxegsu.jpg
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    pbpur309eeyr.jpeg
    My sister's artwork. Wise words sis!
    Rebecca

I love that!
  • Snowflake1968
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Ni hao, ladies! It is Around the World Adventure week for the daycare kiddos! Today we are "visiting" China. We have listened to music from the different provinces, read a few books about/that take place in China, made koi windsocks, practiced our chopstick skills by using them to pick up pom-pons and place them in a bowl, we had egg drop soup, chicken and veg stir fry with rice, and oranges for lunch. The kids did great with their chopsticks! Tomorrow we will "visit" Italy!
    It has been a busy weekend, so I have been reading all of your posts, but not commenting. Loving all of the photos of pets, animal visitors, artwork, family/friends...
    Sending healing thoughts to those with aching bones, muscles, heads, and hearts!
    I went to see my doc about my thyroid and we decided that I would first try to get it back in line through diet and exercise. SO...Going to really push myself to stick with my high protein meal plan. More veggies (but less of the cruciferous veg), whole grains, yes but not much. Less sugar, less treats, less alcohol. She (my doc) advised that I try to eliminate the alcohol and sugary treats completely for the first two or three weeks; if I make it three weeks, I can treat myself once a week. Sounds doable. I really don't want to take medicine, if I can control/fix this with a better eating habits.
    DH is not thrilled. He is a pill person. I get that. Pills are easier. But I can't get past the long list of possible side effects that seems to come with every pill. I figure, I got myself into this, and I will FIRST try to save myself before succumbing to pills.
    Rebecca- Pork is normal. I would say "for guys his age", but it seems to be a any age guy thing. I think it is very smart of you and your DH to show him what he will miss out on by spending his money this way! Perhaps along with thinking about putting $$ towards a trip home for the holidays, he could think about long term saving or putting money towards another goal...a car, an "adventure" trip, retirement...
    Snowflake- (I totally spaced your name! It is on the tip of my tongue...can you thee it?) For my 50th I got my first tattoo. I like the idea of a fundraiser type of event, though!

Well, signing off so that I can read my stuff about Italy and get tomorrow's activity and crafts ready. We are having meatball races, making our own leaning towers of Pisa, and making Venetian masks.

ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

LOL I "thee it" it's Tracey and if I remembered to actually put that at the ending every single time you wouldn't be struggling!

I have a promise made to my family that I will get a tattoo. We have decided on a family tattoo. We will each get something with the word Ohana in it. The only one of us that has done anything about it though is my eldest. She has all of her line work done. It is the birth month flowers of all of her family with a ribbon that says Ohana. My idea for mine is purple violets with a ribbon that says Ohana. Violets are the February birth flower which is when both girls were born, it is also the provincial flower of NB which will always be home to me. I'm just not there yet to actually do it. LOL

Again, would love to be a child in your care.
    Tracey in Edmonton

• Snowflake1968
    langman22 wrote: »
    Tried to walk but just couldn’t do it because I’m not in a walking cast. Guess I’ll be on the scooter when I go back to work next week. Can’t wait until it comes off on the 5th!

When do you get a walking cast on? Or will you be getting one at all?
    Tracey in Edmonton
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Is anyone else having trouble with the home page? Nothing shows up there.
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    just popping in for a moment to echo what Rebecca said about needing validation. Many, many people on the sex offender registry are there either because they were stupid, curious, got files not requested, and/or needed validation. many sex addicts are just like other addicts; they use sex of some type as a drug. My hope is that the tide of public opinion will turn against automatically characterizing anyone with these issues as a child molester. As you can see there is often way more to the story than what seems apparent.

(((Rebecca)))

Off my soapbox and on to my support group meeting where we are preparing a legal challenge against the registry in Nebraska. Meg from windy, rainy Omaha
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Brenner - Thanks for your suggestion.

ElizabethGA - I’m glad you were reminded to drink your coffee! No one else should suffer with me.

Okie
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    I'm home and exhausted....had to work in Hartford today and will work , Tuesday,Weds and Friday..on my feet from 9-5 ,not to many breaks..this is killer .but what can you do..will miss feeding DFIL this week can do it on Thursday and Saturday and Sunday..
  • lilnoramitchellandre
    lilnoramitchellandre Posts: 144 Member
  • coastalgosgal
    Pip,I say, you have a lush lawn! Great grass makes happy dogs!💗
    Rebecca
  • coastalgosgal
    edited August 2018
    Mine is straw! The island seems to be of the same mind. No one waters here! No one has a sprinkler system.
    Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    I'm getting ready to go and pick up DS and family at the Portland Airport. I think I'll have a meal before I go. It is a long drive from here & I plan to leave here about 6pm. That should provide enough time for a safe trip to the airport. :flowerforyou::