Question for international users

I'm working on offering a metric and kilojoule option for all of the international folks on the site. One question I had was, which countries use kilojoule instead of calories? If you're a non-U.S. user, can you do me a favor and please post in this thread what country you are from, and whether your country uses calories or kilojoules?

Thanks for the help!

Replies

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 823 Member
    I'm working on offering a metric and kilojoule option for all of the international folks on the site. One question I had was, which countries use kilojoule instead of calories? If you're a non-U.S. user, can you do me a favor and please post in this thread what country you are from, and whether your country uses calories or kilojoules?

Thanks for the help!
  • shwee
    shwee Posts: 2 Member
    hey
    im from britain and we tend to use calories although the other thing is also featured on packets
    (I've forgot what the other one is already lol)
  • shwee
    shwee Posts: 2 Member
    i meant kilojoules of course..they are rarely used even thugh their always on packets with calories
    hope this helps :)
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I'm in Canada, and it's calories here. But grams, and mililitres and litres for liquids.

Keep up the great site! Thanks for your work.
  • Hello, I'm from Singapore. Over here, "kcal" appears on the nutrition information with an indication at the bottom stating 1kcal = 4.2 kJ. Hope that helps.. :)
  • Hi Izzy here,
    From New Zealand, we use Kilojoules.
  • Aliseb
    Aliseb Posts: 11 Member
    Hi from France. Kilocalories and metric here. I agree with viviakay from Canada. It could be useful to put things into liters and derivations thereof.

Thanks for the effort!
  • LessIsMore
    LessIsMore Posts: 6 Member
    South Africa uses kilojoules :)
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Wow....
    MFP is all over!!
    Love it!!!
  • deb_ge
    deb_ge Posts: 87 Member
    I live in Thailand so alot of food is unmarked and I have to use this website for guidance. However I am able to go by calories, not joules.

Just wondering if there are any sites out there that have good caloric details for Asian food especially Thai and Vietnamese or Japanese. When I eat out here, that is what I have...NOT cheeseburgers!