Does calorie counting work ?

2»

Replies

• belleflop
    belleflop Posts: 154 Member
    Different things work for different people. Creating a calorie deficit works all the time, but calorie counting is not the successful dieting technique for everyone.

112n39ux9h6r.jpg

So awesome! Calorie counting works as it helps people create a caloric deficit! Long term, imo, it can create a lot of stress and can start to have diminishing returns if you only use a weight scale to track your progress. I think the most benefit from counting calories is to help people understand how many calories they are actually putting in their bodies.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,977 Member
    A calorie deficit works for weight loss

Calorie counting is only a tool to achieve that.

As a tool I don't think it works for everyone - some people find better tools for them, , in organised programs like WW or in creating methods of their own - reducing portion sizes or eliminating high calorie things without actually counting calories.

I am a fan of calorie counting and as a method it worked for me.

But there are other methods that work better for some other people.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    I lost plenty of weight by simply exercising more while watching what I was eating. Once I got closer to my goal I had more success with calorie counting and have continued to do this throughout my year + of maintenance.
    While it can be a great tool, calorie counting won't work for everyone though. However, CICO works for everyone. The key to weight loss and success is finding the right tools for you to work with it.