What Mini Goal is motivating you right now!

Replies

• JustMeandZ
    JustMeandZ Posts: 45 Member
    SuzOh wrote: »
    Getting back to Onederland, about 3 lbs to go. Also losing 10 - 12 lbs by my Birthday at the end of September.

This is mine too. I also have 3 pounds to go to get to Onederland, and I'd also like to lose 10-12 by the end of Sept (but my birthday isn't in Sept, lol)
  • DarianJP
    DarianJP Posts: 95 Member
    Gonna try to drop these last 2 pounds by the end of next month and as a reward if I hit my goal on time I’m going to go get me a shiny new tattoo. 💪
  • HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    I bought me a dragondress, @dhiammarath! I found a vintage American Airlines flight attendant dress (totally street-wearable rather than costumey looking) at the Salvation Army that not only looked too small for me on the rack but is tailored for an hourglass silhouette (not Jayne Mansfield territory, just 'well-proportioned', let's say) whereas I'm an apple. But it was such a great find that I brought it into the dressing room with me, figuring that if it didn't fit and/or work on my body type I could maybe sell it on Etsy.

Imagine my glee when it slid up over my hips! Then it actually buttoned! It's still too sausage-casing-esque at the moment but it's going to work by the time I hit my goal weight! Weird mini-NSV connected to this situation: I think that had I never gained weight this dress wouldn't have worked because back in the day I was a skinny, flat-chested girl. Having gotten fat and then eventually come back down again (I've been between chubby and fat for 20 years) I actually have a bit of boob and hip now.

On the other hand, is it really a win if that is counteracted by melted candle syndrome in my belly area? Not to be negative, just saying. I wish I knew then what I know now about weight maintenance is all ...
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    HDBKLM wrote: »
    I bought me a dragondress, @dhiammarath! I found a vintage American Airlines flight attendant dress (totally street-wearable rather than costumey looking) at the Salvation Army that not only looked too small for me on the rack but is tailored for an hourglass silhouette (not Jayne Mansfield territory, just 'well-proportioned', let's say) whereas I'm an apple. But it was such a great find that I brought it into the dressing room with me, figuring that if it didn't fit and/or work on my body type I could maybe sell it on Etsy.

Imagine my glee when it slid up over my hips! Then it actually buttoned! It's still too sausage-casing-esque at the moment but it's going to work by the time I hit my goal weight! Weird mini-NSV connected to this situation: I think that had I never gained weight this dress wouldn't have worked because back in the day I was a skinny, flat-chested girl. Having gotten fat and then eventually come back down again (I've been between chubby and fat for 20 years) I actually have a bit of boob and hip now.

On the other hand, is it really a win if that is counteracted by melted candle syndrome in my belly area? Not to be negative, just saying. I wish I knew then what I know now about weight maintenance is all ...

@HDBKLM AAIIIEEEEEEEEEE!!!! THAT IS AWESOME! DRAGON-SLAYIN' IS THE BEST FEELIN' EVER!

Congrats!!!!
  • powerplaymsu
    powerplaymsu Posts: 131 Member
    edited August 2018
    Embarrassing to say, but I have three pairs of dress pants that fit. I have to get back in my work clothes. I had lost 60 pounds, started weightlifting and not caring much about weight gaining 20 pounds back, like to think mostly muscle. Go by one thing... pants. Time to drop a little pudge. EDIT: To do so I'm meal prepping and nothing but water to drink(except beer for college football).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!