Struggles!!!!

I am so frustrated. I have been doing well with my eating for the first two weeks. Then I started having issues with my back which is stopping me from being active.
Now I am finding that I have no appetite and being nauseous. I just want to be healthy and lose this weight.

Just needed to vent. Makes me emotional.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    To lose weight, you have to eat less. Moving more is optional. To be healthy, you have to eat enough short term, but not too much long term. As long as the nausea doesn't keep you completely from eating, you'll be fine. If you are ill, go see your doctor.
  • dragonghost
    dragonghost Posts: 68 Member
    I have found that when my back was hurting walking helped with discomfit having two slip discs.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Not knowing what your back issue is, is there anything else you can do as an alternative to the exercise you were doing before the injury?
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    I have a back problem also, and I find that walking helps. And someone told me that if I walked on the treadmill (which I do) to increase the incline to 1%. I do and it seems to help.
  • jillstreett
    jillstreett Posts: 69 Member
    Chiropractic Care and Stretching. I swear by those two things. I know it's not for everyone and I know that some people will disagree, and that's okay. When your bones are aligned it has a trickle down effect for all your other systems. Stretching may help with pain but at any rate, it gets you to move so that may help you feel better. The lack of hunger and nausea, that's a good question as to why and may require a doctor :( My Mom always said use the BRAT diet for it until you feel better. Bananas, Rice, Apples (apple juice), Toast (maybe with jelly but no butter). I hope you feel better, by no means should you give up, you are already in it, you can do it!
  • randolphshuntiya
    randolphshuntiya Posts: 15 Member
    Thanks everyone for the advice.

I have been to the doctor about my back and they can't pin point the issue. I know when I walk I have to stop every quarter mile maybe because my lower back muscles get so tight. I may try walking on the treadmill on an incline to see if this will help.

I just appreciate all of the encouraging words from everyone. I was having a bad day yesterday.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    A calorie deficit is all that is needed for weight loss.
    Even if your appitite is off for a few days, try to eat, and look towards fulfilling your weekly goal as opposed to your daily.

If walking is giving you lower back pain, walk slower and for shorter periods of time (on,or off, the treadmill).

When walking concentrate on your posture.
    Poor core muscles, forward slumped shoulders, forward bent head, when walking can cause problems with the back.
    You will do much better walking for short periods with good posture, stop when posture is no longer maintainable, than walking a long distance with bad posture just for a bigger calorie burn. (JMHO)

Calorie deficit for fat loss; exercise with good form for health.

Cheers, h.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Thanks everyone for the advice.

I have been to the doctor about my back and they can't pin point the issue. I know when I walk I have to stop every quarter mile maybe because my lower back muscles get so tight. I may try walking on the treadmill on an incline to see if this will help.

I just appreciate all of the encouraging words from everyone. I was having a bad day yesterday.

How much do you have to lose? The bigger my belly, the more painful my back is. Swimming is something that I've been able to do despite pain. Can you see a physiotherapist?
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Look into seated calisthenics. Might sound stupid, but i used to work in long term care and rehab... aka... a nursing home, and activity department did it all the time. Might not be as much as running, but anything helps. Have you tried the recumbent bike. Easy on my back.