Non boring chicken breast recipes????

I took out two chicken breast so I can make something for dinner but I’m so bored of normal chicken breast what’s something I can make it taste more exciting lol!!! Heeeeeeeelpppp

Replies

• JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    I love this marinade, especially for grilling. I especially love it with thighs and some basque chorizo on the side, too.

Marinade for as long as you want (at least a couple of hours):

Bay leaf
    2-3 tsp crushed red pepper / chili flakes
    tablespoon brown sugar
    1 tsp dried thyme
    1/2 C olive oil
    1/4 C Balsamic vinegar
    2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
    Generous squirt of dijon mustard
    2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
    salt and pepper to your preference

It's almost easier to shake this in a salad dressing bottle, and then throw that in a ziplock with your chicken breast. Again, I'd grill it, but you can bake it or whatever, too.

Also, if you've never tried it, let the chicken come up to room temperature before cooking.

My best chicken breasts in the oven were done at 350 for 20 minutes.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Fajitas

Asian stir fry

Baked with creamy soup, sour cream, cream cheese or Greek yogurt. Add your favorite seasonings.

Greek style - marinate with Greek dressing, top with tomatoes, kalamata olives, feta, a squeeze of lemon

Chicken tacos - season it, cook it, shred or dice it

Chicken and dumplings

• whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    I made some chicken breasts coated in crushed panko,parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning it was really good!
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    edited August 2018
    Check the recipe section of the forums.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,301 Member
    make a slit & stuff it with a jalapeno stuffed with low fat cream cheese. You can grill or bake it. Really good. I put seasoning on it too. You can make oven fried chicken dipping it in low cal mayo then bread crumbs or panko & bake it. You can pound it thin first
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Pound your chicken breast to an even thickness. Salt and pepper ( or seasoning of your choice) both sides. Heat skillet over medium high heat with 1/2 Tbsp canola oil until oil is shimmering. Place chicken breast in skillet. Cook 7 minutes. Turn cook on other side 7 minutes. Remove from skillet and let chicken rest 5 minutes. Moist juicy chicken every time.

Oh cook in open skillet, do not use lid.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I took out two chicken breast so I can make something for dinner but I’m so bored of normal chicken breast what’s something I can make it taste more exciting lol!!! Heeeeeeeelpppp

stuff with goats cheese, wrap with parma ham, yummy!
  • hippysprout
    hippysprout Posts: 1,446 Member
    Easy Mongolian Chicken

Slice the breasts into bite sized strips, toss them in 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and cook in a pot with a tablespoon of olive oil. Remove from the pan and add one cup of chicken broth, 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup brown sugar, some minced garlic and ground ginger and bring to a simmer. Toss in fresh broccoli florets and matchstick carrots and cook till desired tenderness, then add the chicken back to the pot. Toss to coat the chicken in the sauce, serve over rice if you wish. So good. Freezes and reheats well too.
  • chasral
    chasral Posts: 1 Member
    Try coating in red pesto and a little grated mozzerella with cherry tomatoes, lush x I use half fat mozzerella x
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    butterfly the breast open and then cross-hatch cut them so they have nice grooves.

Make a marinade (Korean BBQ inspired) with honey, soy sauce, sesame seeds, sesame oil, ginger, and rough chopped green onions. Cover the breast in the marinade for an hour and then place the breasts in the oven under the broiler. Keep any left over marinade and brush on the chicken half way through.
  • KatrinaPryde
    KatrinaPryde Posts: 94 Member
    bumping this. thank you all for the info.
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    There are literally hundereds of things you could do with chicken breast :)

Here's a few ideas with a link to some recipes....

https://bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/healthy-chicken-breast

Chicken & chorizo jambalaya
    Chicken katsu curry
    Chicken korma
    Chicken noodle soup
    Chicken parmigiana
    Chicken satay salad
    Chicken schnitzel with coleslaw
    Chicken, edamame & ginger pilaf
    Fragrant spiced chicken with banana sambal
    Harissa chicken with chickpea salad
    Healthier chicken balti
    Italian chicken with cream cheese & spinach
    Jerk chicken kebabs with mango salsa
    Lighter chicken cacciatore
    Masala chicken pie
    Moroccan chicken one-pot
    Moroccan-style chicken stew
    One-pot Moroccan chicken
    Paillard of chicken with lemon & herbs
    Pomegranate chicken with almond couscous
    Rosemary chicken with oven-roasted ratatouille
    Spicy chicken & avocado wraps
    Spinach, ricotta & chicken traybake
    Squash, chicken & couscous one-pot
    Thai coconut crumbed chicken traybake

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Cook it in the crockpot, shred it, mix with BBQ sauce and make BBQ pulled chicken sandwiches. Or wrap it in a tortilla/flatbread wrap with some veggies (onions, bell peppers, cilantro, etc.) for shredded chicken burritos.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    My solution to everything is simple. Add Carolina Reaper Pepper to anything with with meat or vegetables. :D
  • confidenceinrain
    confidenceinrain Posts: 104 Member
    One of my favorite chicken dishes is cooking it in a pan with a can of black beans and a jar of salsa. Serve over rice with grated cheddar on top.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    I like my Kitchen Sink Chicken recipe; here it is in 5 easy steps:

1. Grill a chicken breast.
    2. Stab it with a fork.
    3. Hold it over the kitchen sink.
    4. Douse it in hot sauce.
    5. Eat it over the same kitchen sink.