What did you make for dinner tonight??

Replies

• ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Chicken thighs on the smoker & cabbage salad
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    I very nearly made roast me with a side of cat. I put on some water to boil for pasta, then fell asleep. I woke up with and there was just a tiny bit of water left that hadn't boiled away! Rather than tempting fate by trying again I ate an apple and now I'm in bed again.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Beef and ale ragout in the slow cooker with rosemary rotini
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited August 2018
    Chicken Alfredo rotini with hot peppers . Gave it a good kick. Garden salad with olives, grated mixed cheeses, eggs & bacon.

viqnhyf4agvu.jpg
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited August 2018
    lmaskey wrote: »
    Made Keto Chicken soup.

How is this made? I started on Keto about a week ago (and I'm in the Keto-flu stage; yuck), and this soup sounds interesting. I did get some Bone Broth at Walmart today, though.

Eeeek! I got the sniffles for a day, which I reactively countered with coconut water and water. Seemed to make my adjustment period a tad more bearable. Hugs

I have used the recipes in Elanas pantry fairly regularly. Depending on the bones I have on hand, I make a huge stock pot of bone broth.

If I want a thicker creamy soup, I use a roasted cauliflower soup as my base. I use the bone broth as my stock as required in the recipe: https://elanaspantry.com/roasted-cauliflower-soup/. I reactively choose chicken thigh pieces (either purchase pre chopped boneless - I budget, so it's something I prefer to do myself). Go through your list of approved Keto veggies available and calculate the volume of carbs you're allowing yourself to consume. Add aromatics.

For a thinner soup, the bone broth is sufficient. Just add chicken and approved veggies. I sometimes make a quarter batch of fathead dough, which I roll out & cut, pre-bake for 8 minutes, before adding them into the thin soup at the very last second. Close the pot and I let the steam do its thing. It a great way to add more fat at the end of your day.

** You could also make a Keto roux ... Use 1:1 ratio of almond flour, xanthan gum and butter. Add heavy cream.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Didn't take a picture of dinner nor leftover lunch was but so good even my non-keto b/f devoured it.

Garlic italian chicken done in some butter pan fried and then bbq some cabbage with a garlic buttery dijon mustard sauce was sooo good.

For lunch I added some avocado on top.
  • amgreenwell
    Baked zucchini and pepperoni tortilla pizzas and grapes
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    edited August 2018
    Feeling sad, my grandma is in hospice from a stroke, so I made mac and cheese and a tuna sandwich
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Last night I made breakfast for dinner. Scrambled eggs, bacon, fried potatoes, sausage patties, biscuits, avocado, salsa
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    BBQ chicken in a mixture of BBQ sauce, ketchup, garlic powder, soy sauce, vinegar and soooo much Franks hot sauce
    w/ boiled broccoli (didnt eat) and rice(didnt eat)

was feeling off last night so just ate the chicken
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    edited August 2018
    I like soup anytime, and I need to get rid of all the zucchinis from the garden. Zucchini soup.
    3bbabek9kben.jpg

Veggy broth, zucchinni, white kidney beans, onions, garlic, carrots, mushrooms, about 20 left over chick peas, spices.
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Nothing....overdid lunch today
  • sonyajohnston1006
    sonyajohnston1006 Posts: 34 Member
    edited August 2018
    v173uuihy1gk.jpeg

I made zoodles yesterday!!! They are hard to see in the photo since my food is all mixed up but it’s 2 cups of zoodles, some organic tofu, rotisserie chicken breast, scrambled egg whites, minced garlic, green onion, peanut sauce and some sriracha on top and a few little tomatoes-it’s SO good and I had it with a glass of cold steeped loose leaf white tea which I make pretty weak so essentially just water with a hint of leaves in it 😅
  • amgreenwell
    Turkey biryani.... LOVE LOVE LOVE
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    edited August 2018
    jhqrltn65bg4.jpeg

Vegetarian tostadas o:)

recipe please o:)

Sorry for the late reply @anetkastefaniak I’m just now seeing it. I didn’t use any specific recipe I just make up random dishes 😂 It’s super easy though. You will need.......

Tostadas (I get them from aldis)
    Sweet potatoes (I used canned this time)
    1/2 a cup of black beans
    A bag of plain coleslaw
    Sofrito (you can find it in the Goya section)
    Onions
    Sazon seasoning
    Sour cream
    Shredded Mexican blend cheese.
    Salsa
    Guacamole

In one pot I dump the entire bag of coleslaw and onions and add a dollop of sofrito and Sazon seasoning. I let it simmer until it gets soft and caramelized.

In another pot I add my sweet potatoes and beans and add in about a tsp of sofrito and just mash it together. Once the slaw is soft and the potatoes and beans are hot I’m ready to build the tostadas.

I take a teaspoon of guac and spread it on each tostada, then I add my sweet potato and bean mixture on top, and then I add some of the marinated slaw, and then I top it off with a little bit of shredded cheese, a tbsp of salsa and a few small’ish dollops of sour cream :smiley:

• bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    edited August 2018
    pedk3oco8uqd.jpeg

Sazon marinated shrimp and chicken, with onions and a southwestern blend of veggies on top of cauli rice, and two wasa crackers with guacamole.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Shrimp fajita wrap - onions, garden peppers, shrimp, fajita seasoning, sour cream, Pico, etc.... and 2 low carb wraps. I'm not doing low carb, but they only have 60cals each so I get two!
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    edited August 2018
    Delete
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    Classic Sunday roast with leg of lamb, potatoes, broccoli cheese roasted in the air fryer. Some sauteed spinach done on the stove top and some of that big batch of toum that I made on Friday night.
    0wkuv0ndb1g5.jpeg
  • amgreenwell
    Herb-roasted chicken thighs with pears and red onion, steamed green beans