40’s ladies... support and updates

Replies

• Beeingthin
    Beeingthin Posts: 40 Member
    I’m still new to fitness pal and haven’t had the time to navigate it so not sure how to add friends and such. I’m 40 years old, had 3 kids in just under 3 years and I’m trying to lose 25 lbs.
  • LittleTee76
    LittleTee76 Posts: 13 Member
    Hi I'm 42 with three boys! I need to lose 30-40 lbs. I'm doing HIIT workouts and lots of walking. Trying to eat right, reduce stress and manage my life! Feel free to add me!
  • brobinson0624
    brobinson0624 Posts: 5 Member
    Just turned 40 a few months back. I’m 5’8 and started at 155 down to 147. After working all day, I just lack the motivation to exercise. Slowly shedding lbs but it’s a lot harder to do nowadays.
  • LisaJV
    LisaJV Posts: 10 Member
    Hi, I’m 43, aiming to lose about 28 pounds, can’t stand going to the gym, so exercise is mainly yoga and walking. Wine & Cheese is my downfall!
  • WendyWelton
    WendyWelton Posts: 1 Member
    I’m 46, 5’4”, have twin boys (teens) that I homeschool, a 19-year-old niece who lives with us, and I have about 55 lbs to lose. I had a 525-day streak of meal/exercise logging during which I somehow gained 11 lbs. 😩 I have no idea (apparently) how to lose weight and keep it off. Did Keto 2 years ago SUPER STRICT for 6 months, lost 28 lbs. and the second I added any off-keto foods, I gained it all back. I can’t maintain keto with active teens who need to be driven around all the time. So frustrated and hoping for some support and advice that will actually be sustainable for me. Help!!
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    edited August 2018
    Im 45 (5'8)..feels like forever but I'm finally down from around 151 to 138.5 :)
    Im eating about 1400 cals a day.....i try not to weigh myself more than twice a month....recently i waited 17 days to jump on the scale and i was bummed it only budged one pound...but when i weighed myself next time after 14 days it was down another 1.5 pounds...slow and steady and as I get closer to my goal weight it will come off even slower....

kim
  • RosieRosie1975
    RosieRosie1975 Posts: 82 Member
    43 and around 40lb to loose ms sea monster...would love to follow your journey
  • lbrules
    lbrules Posts: 32 Member
    Hi all! I am 47, 5'5" and 169lbs. Yuck! That hurts to type that. I have gained almost 30lbs in one year (on and off again) My heaviest weight was 10 years ago at 190lbs. I worked hard and kept it off (down to 143lbs) until now. About me and my woes: My mom diagnosed with cancer for the 3rd time. This time is terminal. Basically a waiting game. I eat my worries and lack motivation. Joined a kick boxing class, love it, but it's hard to make myself go to it. My biggest drawbacks are the weekends. I can spend all week keeping track, walking etc. but come the weekend it's beer and no motivation to keep on track. It was hard in my 30's to lose weight, but I am finding it harder now. Is this pre menopause? I hate that I am struggling so much this time around. I hate that I can't fit my clothes anymore. Eating healthy is not a problem for me. It's sticking to it on the weekends and snacking while watching T.V. that is my biggest problem.
  • lbrules wrote: »
    Hi all! I am 47, 5'5" and 169lbs. Yuck! That hurts to type that. I have gained almost 30lbs in one year (on and off again) My heaviest weight was 10 years ago at 190lbs. I worked hard and kept it off (down to 143lbs) until now. About me and my woes: My mom diagnosed with cancer for the 3rd time. This time is terminal. Basically a waiting game. I eat my worries and lack motivation. Joined a kick boxing class, love it, but it's hard to make myself go to it. My biggest drawbacks are the weekends. I can spend all week keeping track, walking etc. but come the weekend it's beer and no motivation to keep on track. It was hard in my 30's to lose weight, but I am finding it harder now. Is this pre menopause? I hate that I am struggling so much this time around. I hate that I can't fit my clothes anymore. Eating healthy is not a problem for me. It's sticking to it on the weekends and snacking while watching T.V. that is my biggest problem.

Is there some thing else healthy you can choose to snack on on the weekends? Maybe stocking on that would help?
  • georgialanes
    georgialanes Posts: 6 Member
    I'm 45 and currently at my heaviest - 170 :s I am 5'2" and my goal is to lose 40 but would be happy with 30! I am a single mom of 2 high school girls. I work full-time and struggle with motivation at the end of the day. I have a lot of pain in my hips that my doctor says is just "mild" arthritis but it definitely keeps me from being able to do too much physical activity. I started using MFP, tracking calories and activity a couple months ago.
    Just lacking motivation and need get my butt in gear!
  • Maurissa77
    Maurissa77 Posts: 29 Member
    Hi ladies!
    I am 41, four kiddos, all boys;19,17,9&4.
    I’m wanting to lose 12 lbs to safely get into a healthy BMI for my frame size.
    So far I’ve been restricting calories and sporadically exercising. I’d like to be more consistent with the exercise part!

• Lula1068
    Lula1068 Posts: 38 Member
    Cheering you on!!!
  • michelleRKdavidson
    michelleRKdavidson Posts: 18 Member
    Hi All! 👋🏻 I am 45. I am a wife and mother of 2 teenage children. I am on a weight loss and getting in better shape journey. 😀 I have been in little bit of a workout and food slump for the past couple of months. ☹️ But I am getting back on track and I enjoy having some MFP friends I can relate to so we can keep each other motivated. You are welcome to add me. HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
  • emmiej93
    emmiej93 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone. I am new to this group, just learning my way around the fitness app also.
    I'm 43 years old and caring for my mom has dementia. I am trying to lose weight so I can be healthier and feel better. I am looking to lose about 45pounds on top of the 20 I've lost since the middle of June. I'm looking to find friends who are going through a weight loss journey. So we can help and support each other. Hope everyone has an amazing day.
  • Hitmecaffeine323
    Hitmecaffeine323 Posts: 9 Member
    Cheering everyone on! 🎉
  • Lula1068
    Lula1068 Posts: 38 Member
    That's amazing!! Great commitment and follow through!!!
  • jen_mcilroy
    jen_mcilroy Posts: 151 Member
    Hi! I'm 46 mom of 2 older teens. Well, one is almost 20 lol! I work full time at Walgreens and am constantly fighting buying snack food every day. I'm looking to lose the 20 to 30 thirty lbs that I have gained in the last 2 years while working at this store. 😊👍 I need friends for support and I love to chat.
  • Morganlafay76
    Morganlafay76 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I'm a 41(almost 42) year old mom to a 3 and 7 year old. I lack the energy to keep up with them. I am looking to loose 15 pds yet again, so I have the energy to keep up.
  • armaline
    armaline Posts: 3 Member
    Hi ladies. I am 45 and need to loose 20 lbs ,started only 2 weeks ago... walking and biking . I have always been little bit too heavy,but now is the time to change things around😉