WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Replies

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,827 Member
    Rori- ummmm...am I missing something? You stated that your DH's girlfriend's condo was in danger of burning? Your DH has a girlfriend? I must have missed something!
    Pat OH- I take a "horsepill"of tumuric each day. I started taking it earlier this year, (January, maybe). I began taking it in powder form and making a "tea" of sorts with a pinch of black pepper. It tasted like peppered dirt and I was worried it would turn my teeth yellow, so I switched to the pill form. The swelling has gone down in my ankles and knees, though I am not sure if I can attribute it to the turmeric or not, as I am not sure why my knees and ankles were swollen. Could have been from injury or overuse.

KJ
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,827 Member
    Rye- YOU LOOK FANTASTIC! (Yes, that needed to be shouted!)

Allie- The balloons are wonderful! Have you ever gone up in one? I would love to do that. I would also love to see a balloon festival like the one you went to! Such fun!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,493 Member
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    Machka: Happy anniversary to you and DH. Wonderful news that you were both able to ride outside again.

Janet: "Chisling" meme is heading to my printer and then probably a spot in my zen den. Love it!!!

Katla: Have fun with the Fam.

Kim: (((hugs)))

Pip: Please send me your donation link. I'm hugely proud of you and Kirby, and you deserve that shirt

link coming your way !!! thanks!!! :0)
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Greetings Ladies - Visiting with our friends was great. I'm starving, I had some turkey at lunch, it was a VERY limited menu. I'm getting ready to go fix my dinner.

I'm the oddball again, I can't do the tumeric capsules. I have tried twice and both times my finger joints get so sore it hurts to bend my fingers. It could be coincidental, but since it happened twice several months apart, I'm done with them.

Happy Saturday evening!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • pipcd34
    stats for the day:

spin class- 55min, 120ahr, 155mhr, 108aw, 78ar, 11.7mi= 410c
    Apple Watch- 436c
    other- 90min, laundry, changing sheets on bed, giving yogi a bath, folding/putting away laundr= est.300c
    Apple Watch, didn't turn on

total 710 cal
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,901 Member
    :)Beth, that's great news about your son's wound starting to heal. I am thinking of you at this challenging time.

:)Lisa, glad to hear you are home safely with your beloved family.

:) I did some reading about side effects of the drug I'm taking and nausea and no appetite are among them. The icky taste in my mouth is probably a contributor to both of them.

:s I'm not too worried about whether I sleep at night because with all my lying down I'm sleeping a lot during the daytime. If I'm not asleep, I'm reading. Jake sleeps in another room so I don't disturb him.

<3 Barbie
  • lilnoramitchellandre
    lilnoramitchellandre Posts: 144 Member
    Michelle - Ft. Walton Beach, FL and then to Louisiana to visit with Will, Tami, and Mallory.

Rye - WOW! Big difference. I know you are proud of your accomplishments.

Rori - I feel your pain re: COBRA insurance, I pay up the whazoo for insurance for me and Louis; all our MDs take Medicare - but; I am also 'grandfathered' in and that is good. You are right, so many MDs don't take Medicare because it pays so little. But, I did changed my insurance from 'family' to "Me plus One" and that saved me about $50 a month. I wish I had known this 15 years ago, when I no longer had children that needed to be covered.

We pay up the whazoo for 'life insurance'; but, have little choice because of having a mortage. I pay all the insurances and it pretty much wipes out my SSI check.

Having a great time and the weather has been gorgeous!

Lenora
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,719 Member
    megblair1 wrote: »
    Hi all I have been having all kinds of problems with this site. I still cannot get onto my home page "news feed" despite several emails from support. It's not my computer because the same thing happens on every computer I try it on. harrumph. So I am still here!
    Meg from Omaha where we got 6" of rain the other night.

A lady on another group I read was having the same issue.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,719 Member
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Rori- ummmm...am I missing something? You stated that your DH's girlfriend's condo was in danger of burning? Your DH has a girlfriend? I must have missed something!
    [b

KJ
    Good catch Kelly!! My bad typing and even worse proofreading. Should be DB = Dear Brother's girlfriend...

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

Lol I wondered about that, then thought “to each their own”
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Me too Rori. I was thinking you were very friendly with your DH’s girlfriend. But I didn’t say anything. Glad you sold your condo in Hawaii.
    Allie- the balloons were beautiful and well worth the early wake up. Glad you got to go ant enjoy them. Do you have any hobbies like knitting, puzzles, bridge or reading books? When you are doing crafts it is hard to be eating.
    Lisa- glad you are home safe and sound. That was quite a trip.
    Feel some better today but skipped golf yesterday to stay out of the heat. Over 100 again today and I am so ready for some cooler weather.
    SueBDew in TX
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited August 2018
    kmzu3p9cpy8o.jpg
    3hi4t5xt7j2l.jpg
    Dinner after and what I laid out at 4 pm! Now I'm waiting patiently for when I can have my cookie and coffee! Husband and son just went to McDonald's *sigh*. I sometimes feel like a frillin alien! Not eating what the world eats but things I like.

Rebecca
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,799 Member
    I'm the oddball again, I can't do the tumeric capsules. I have tried twice and both times my finger joints get so sore it hurts to bend my fingers. It could be coincidental, but since it happened twice several months apart, I'm done with them.

I've been on them for a couple weeks now, but the jury is still out. They were supposed to go a long way to get rid of the joint pain in my feet ... but if anything that's worse. Plus my hips have been really acting up in the last few days.

They may not be causing the pain, but they don't seem to be helping.

M in Oz

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,326 Member
    M – I don’t log my exercise calories for that exact reason, if I go over I’m covered.

Beth – glad to hear the surgery is a “go”

Rye – you’re looking fantastic!

Rori – thanks for passing on Meg’s message

Evie – yes, we put Spectracide in the stump. The label says it will start to work in 6-8 weeks, wonder how long it takes for the stump to completely decompose. 3-4 years?????

Went in the pool, took a shower, I’ll get dinner ready then if I have time before church I may start to string the popcorn. I popped it earlier today.

More on the website saga: The new webmaster is setting up a database after which people will be able to sort and search. He’s asked everyone to have an individual email. He kept telling me over and over how everyone needs a unique email which is when I suggested he create a “bogus” email. He decided to ask everyone to get an address. Some people don’t want one. That’s Newcomers. Well, he just got a reply from this lady who told him to use her email for her husband. Greg (new webmaster) – welcome to Newcomers. It would have been easier and more efficient if he had just taken it on himself and created a bogus email. Now he’s going to have members who don’t get one, and then what’s he going to do? I just smile. If he were to give me addresses to put on the Newcomer mail list, before I would do so I would contact the person and get confirmation that this is what they’d like me to do. I don’t like giving my address to one person and then getting all this email that I don’t want and don’t care about. And I wouldn’t do something like that to someone else. Even if the president tells me to do it, I still want confirmation. It’s not like she’s a boss and is signing a paycheck. In that case, even if I didn’t agree with something, I’d do what the boss told me to do.

KJ – I’m glad I’m not the only one who caught Rori’s dh’s “girlfriend”.

SuebDew – I agree, doing crafts keeps your hands busy so you can’t eat. Good idea staying out of the heat

Rebecca – I hear ya about eating what you like. Vince and Jess have gotten on my case about not eating “like you used to”. I got so mad one time that I finally yelled “why can’t I eat what I want? You do”

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    M – I don’t log my exercise calories for that exact reason, if I go over I’m covered.

Beth – glad to hear the surgery is a “go”

Rye – you’re looking fantastic!

Rori – thanks for passing on Meg’s message

Evie – yes, we put Spectracide in the stump. The label says it will start to work in 6-8 weeks, wonder how long it takes for the stump to completely decompose. 3-4 years?????

Went in the pool, took a shower, I’ll get dinner ready then if I have time before church I may start to string the popcorn. I popped it earlier today.

More on the website saga: The new webmaster is setting up a database after which people will be able to sort and search. He’s asked everyone to have an individual email. He kept telling me over and over how everyone needs a unique email which is when I suggested he create a “bogus” email. He decided to ask everyone to get an address. Some people don’t want one. That’s Newcomers. Well, he just got a reply from this lady who told him to use her email for her husband. Greg (new webmaster) – welcome to Newcomers. It would have been easier and more efficient if he had just taken it on himself and created a bogus email. Now he’s going to have members who don’t get one, and then what’s he going to do? I just smile. If he were to give me addresses to put on the Newcomer mail list, before I would do so I would contact the person and get confirmation that this is what they’d like me to do. I don’t like giving my address to one person and then getting all this email that I don’t want and don’t care about. And I wouldn’t do something like that to someone else. Even if the president tells me to do it, I still want confirmation. It’s not like she’s a boss and is signing a paycheck. In that case, even if I didn’t agree with something, I’d do what the boss told me to do.

KJ – I’m glad I’m not the only one who caught Rori’s dh’s “girlfriend”.

SuebDew – I agree, doing crafts keeps your hands busy so you can’t eat. Good idea staying out of the heat

Rebecca – I hear ya about eating what you like. Vince and Jess have gotten on my case about not eating “like you used to”. I got so mad one time that I finally yelled “why can’t I eat what I want? You do”

Michele in NC

Awe, this is when we cry out, "Our struggle is real"! I am hoping my innards are thanking me by lasting a long time!
    Rebecca 💗