WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,432 Member
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Good morning all! Happy Monday! Woke up to thunder and lightening this morning. I heard it last night and found out that the power had gone out (because one of my alarms didn't go off). We still have power; but there are quite a few areas around us without power. I just did my grocery shopping for the week yesterday, so I am SO glad our power didn't go out!
    Sticking to my meal plan is working well for me. I mean, really sticking to it. No eating off the food list. No alcohol, not much sugar, staying withing the "fat" allowance (which is healthy fats only), and eating the right carbs. I weighed myself two weeks ago and weighed 234. I weighed myself last Monday and weighed 230. I weighed myself this morning and weigh 225! Down, down, down I go. I can do this!
    Beth - Love the rainbow story!
    Heather- When Tim and I were first married we lived about a 15 minute walk from my parents and hardly ever saw them. Between our work schedules and their own busy schedules, we still only saw each other about once a week or once every couple of weeks. I found your husbands books on Amazon, but couldn't figure out which one was the first book in the series. Can you give me that name?
    Carol- Happy Anniversary! 49 years is quite a run! Congrats!
    Sue WA- Happy belated anniversary to you as well! 49 years! That is a "mile marker" not many couples make it to. Congrats!
    Wendy- I would be thrilled if my husband would take a walk with me. Alas, Tim loves to walk when it is dark (vampire) and I love the light.
    Pip - The pups look great! So do your knees! lol All of the biking and you have the legs to show for it!
    Kylia- Love your before/during photo! You still look lovely, but there is always that "a-ha" moment where you see yourself in a photo and think "Do I really look like that?". I have a few of those photos of myself. I have NEVER liked the way I look in photos (or mirrors, for that matter), so I am hoping that once I get the weight off, I will be happy (or at least content) with the way I look. I know this mindset is just that, some thing in my MIND. Perhaps I need a mental overhaul?

Another mass shooting. So tired of hearing about them. America has a problem; and it is a sickness on the inside. Sorry if I am wandering into the "too political" arena. That's all I have to say about this. (But I have a lot to say about it, if anyone wants to chat offsite).

Well, we are celebrating Valentine's Day today! All of our holidays are a surprise for the kids, so I think it will be a fun week for them. We need more holiday feelings! Love, love, love...

Sending strengthening vibes to all who need them! (((Beth))) special hugs as you are in warrior mode for your son!
    ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

Hahaha, yeah, my knees are shot with scars from falls throughout my life on the bike and running
  • pipcd34
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Rita ~ What is a hosting job?

Katla ~ Have fun at the beach. How old is your grandson?

Carol in GA
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    trisH_7183 wrote: »
    Hi Sisters, popping in for a second while drinking my smoothie and taking my supps, going out to feed horses and transplant tiger lillies in my garden next, Meanwhile here is some interesting research I found: Progesterone promotes bone building. Research found progesterone to be extraordinarily effective in reversing osteoporosis.(9, 10) There is evidence that progesterone may prevent and treat women’s osteoporosis. Progesterone stimulates osteoblasts and prevents bone loss in pre- and possibly perimenopausal women. Studies indicate that progesterone – likely working through bone formation pathways -plays an active role in maintaining women’s bone and in osteoporosis prevention.(11) Research shows that transdermal progesterone had bone-sparing effects.(12)

Read the full report here: https://hypothyroidmom.com/progesterone-thyroid-a-hormonal-connection-essential-for-optimal-womens-health/

It is very worth reading IMO, love ya'all, Happy Anniversary Machka, <3 Wendy

Very interesting,but finding avDr who has this info would be a long search . Pat in Oh

Pat, there is no need to look for a doctor as you don't need a prescription to buy natural progesterone. It is available over the counter, or you can order it delivered to your door. Just make sure it is the real stuff and not the fake stuff that drug companies make called confusingly Progestins. Your body can't metabolise the fake stuff properly. If you research progesterone you will be amazed at all the benefits of using it. Try borrowing from your library either one of Dr. John Lee's books "What your Doctor may not tell you about Menopause" or "What your Doctor May Not Tell You about Breast Cancer." In a nutshell, if you don't want to get osteo, or other age-related breakdowns and you don't want to get cancer, use progesterone. <3 Wendy

Thanks,Wendy. I have a an Oct Dr appt coming up & will ask what he thinks. Like to gather info,then muddle it around.Gonna pass on Tumeric for now. Don’t have any joint problems,so not adding any meds I don’t need. Will look for a book in the library.Pat C

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    rbee Nevah, nevah, NEVAH stop logging! :)
    Beth, thank you.
    Michele leaving the broken pieces of popcorn on the deck for the birds to clean up made me laugh!
    KJ con VERY grats! Well done!
    pip if it's not too late to donate, pls pm me the link.
    Rita Roswell, hmm, imagine the unique RVs and visitors....
    Rye :rage: how aggravating, infuriating and even sick-making :sick:. Can your state's SHIP office offer no recourse?

Had I but checked the chart, would have seen only 57 steps to goal and easily made it. Again, a day that I thought would be horrible in calories wasn't as catastrophic as I feared. Fear. Hmm. Is that the issue???

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    60 g protein 20/26, meditate 11/26, walk one more step 11/26, knee exercises 11/26, core 5/16, walk Tumble 11/16 times, SWSY 0/8, hang up or purge art 0/1, AF 18/26
  • lilnoramitchellandre
    lilnoramitchellandre Posts: 144 Member
    Louis and I just celebrated 46 years of marital bliss … with a few humps in there as well. Most men would not stay with someone like me; but, he has because he loves me that much. Bipolar episodes are our biggest humps; but, I would take care of him just as best I could if the shoe was on his foot. I find it hard to imagine life without him. He is my rock and I am his 'balloon, so it has been a real trip for us. God is GOOD!

Rye - When I was pregnant the first time around, Louis' insurance refused to pay (or attempted to) for a very expensive loss, that just about took my life. Apparently, the condition (Hydatidiformole pregnancy) was something they just did not understand or apparently had never heard of. My OB/GYN had to write an extensive letter to them with all my medical records. Louis' company had changed insurance carriers during my pregnancy and they tried to get out of it by saying my 'condition' was pre-existing. I have no real idea how much my bills were; but, back in the early '70's, it was basically astronomical. Over $100,000+ We would have never been able to pay for it (or afford to have any children subsequent to it). I've got 2 amazing sons because my OB/GYN was just not going to preform a hysterectomy on a 24-year-old woman (at the time) without doing a lot of research to try to figure out what was going on. Maybe 20 years later, he told me that he had just diagnosed a patient with the same problem. And since then, another - but; that was because of having the equipment to be able to see inside the uterus. I was 'in the hospital' for 3 weeks+; then took chemotherapy for 9 weeks. Last year, the DnL of one of my childhood friends posted on FB for prayers for her because her HCG levels were 'off the charts' and she was not carrying a multiple birth. I called her and asked her to get her DnL to 'ask' about the 'mole pregnancy' angle. That was 'exactly' what she had. But, they did not give her any chemo afterwards. A few months later, she got diagnosed with cancer. I think she is now 'in remission' (not totally sure); my OB/GYN was surprised that her OB/GYN did not do so as a precaution. It is a condition that can become cancer. The reason I had chemo was because they could see that it had broken off and attached to my lungs and kidneys, and liver. Then I had to have 5 tubes of blood drawn every Friday for a year; and, had to wait to attempt to get pregnant until my HCG level was back to Zero. I did not like him when I first 'felt' like I had been 'turned over to him' by the OB/GYN who was the Senior partner; but, now I absolutely 'love' him. But, he is someone that you either 'love' or you 'hate' him. There isn't any 'gray' in between. Former Navy MD and he could be rather abrupt. He'd stick his head in the door and ask how I was doing. One day (after telling the Senior partner how I felt about him) I told him to come 'inside'. When he did, a nurse was with him and I told her to 'leave'; because I needed to talk to him. He told her to leave and I came him my opinion of himself. From that point forward, he came into my room when he was doing in-patient rounds and would sit at the end of my bed. Never with the nurse tagging along.

Funny; but, embarrassing story is one of the most recent visits to him, told to strip down. Nurse wrapped me in the sheet; and right as he sat down, I screamed, "Wait, I didn't take my panties off!" The nurse took the sheet off and held it up between us and I took them off. While doing so, he said, "Lenora, as long as you've been coming to me, I don't understand why you had a lapse in memory when Nancy wrapped you up." Panties were lace that I had bought at Victoria Secret and did not have an elastic band. We still 'laugh' about it. Sorry, Bill, it won't happen again, unless I totally lose my mind. I told Nancy that I hoped they never went to gowns or paper cover-ups and she said, 'not as long as he is still practicing'.

Lenora
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Hi everyone. Husband has an appointment this morning to take off his other (right), toenail. I get to drive home. He has the most weirdest feet! He's always saying rub my feet, and I scream and say no way man!!! I will if he keeps his socks ON. Ok subject change, I just shivered!
    Watched "Gallipoli" movie last night with husband. He just taped it. Its with a really young Mel Gibson . Such a great, but so sad movie, about the Australian Light Brigade. Then watched the last ten minutes of "Duel" with Dennis Weaver. A movie with mostly Dennis trying to keep his piece of crap orange car on the road, while being chased by a greasy scary semi truck! Classic! My husband just shakes his head at me!
    Have a nice day y'all!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    Washington
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    edited August 2018
    Found comfort in this "Even busybodies serve God's purpose." :)
  • pipcd34
    auntiebk wrote: »
    rbee Nevah, nevah, NEVAH stop logging! :)
    Beth, thank you.
    Michele leaving the broken pieces of popcorn on the deck for the birds to clean up made me laugh!
    KJ con VERY grats! Well done!
    pip if it's not too late to donate, pls pm me the link.
    Rita Roswell, hmm, imagine the unique RVs and visitors....
    Rye :rage: how aggravating, infuriating and even sick-making :sick:. Can your state's SHIP office offer no recourse?

Had I but checked the chart, would have seen only 57 steps to goal and easily made it. Again, a day that I thought would be horrible in calories wasn't as catastrophic as I feared. Fear. Hmm. Is that the issue???

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    60 g protein 20/26, meditate 11/26, walk one more step 11/26, knee exercises 11/26, core 5/16, walk Tumble 11/16 times, SWSY 0/8, hang up or purge art 0/1, AF 18/26

Link, coming up!!! Thx!!!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    Please remember to pull over if you need to be on the phone when you are driving. I witnessed a young mother on the phone with her son in the back seat driving while on the phone. She was driving like she was drunk. Fortunately she did not have an accident while I was driving near her. It only takes a moment for a life time of regrets.

:heart: Margaret
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Margaret ~ In the State of Georgia, a law took effect in July that prohibited holding or touching a phone while driving. It's been really difficult for a lot of folks to not automatically pick up their phones and many tickets have been given out.