What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited August 2018
    esui77ylex64.jpg

I'd posted in the wrong thread. Chicken Alfredo with hot peppers. Salad.

• 777Gemma888
    edited August 2018
    Yesterday's dinner was ground turkey lasagna with oven roasted veggies and garlic knots (Costco).

2eyx2k5.jpg
    vhzu2q.jpg

*Didn't cook tonight (last night).
  • suibhan6
    suibhan6 Posts: 81 Member
    edited August 2018
    I cooked breakfast. Two soft boiled eggs with 9 stalks of boiled asparagus (done along with the eggs). The eggs got a minor sprinkling of sea salt, and the asparagus got a bit of butter and oregano.

I didn't cook lunch, because I went to a country fair with their horrid food choices, and I had a planned eat of some of those. The steamed gyozo were actually pretty healthy. It always amazes me at these country fairs with all their agricultural exhibits and awards for perfect tomatoes, that the fairground food itself is so beyond unhealthy... one truck was selling fried Oreos, fried Reeses cups, fried Butterfingers, and so forth...

Dinner will be pan fried scallops with reasonably healthy oil, and either more asparagus, or some cabbage. Gotta mix things up!
  • Buzzopia
    Buzzopia Posts: 29 Member
    spaghetti and garlic bread
  • FireVixen_Fayth
    FireVixen_Fayth Posts: 154 Member
    Does mixing a powder into unsweetened cashew milk count? XD
  • 777Gemma888
    Does mixing a powder into unsweetened cashew milk count? XD

If you put that together and it's a meal, it counts in my book. Did you make your own cashew milk? I love the taste of cashew milk over almond.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    I'm making a lasagna but in lieu of noodles I'm using thin strips of zucchini.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    I'm the weekend cook and we went to a dinner party last night so I haven't cooked for a week. Will be doing Sunday roast in the air fryer tonight. Leg of lamb, roast potatoes, roast broccoli with lower cal cheese sauce made by blitzing cottage cheese, grated cheddar and a little chicken stock in the food processor.
  • suibhan6
    suibhan6 Posts: 81 Member
    Breakfast. Leftover Vietnamese summer rolls I brought to yesterday's pot luck.
  • kristingjertsen
    kristingjertsen Posts: 239 Member
    Breakfast--Bob's Redmill 10 grain hot cereal cooked with 1 tsp earth balance and 1/4 cup soy milk, 2 eggs over easy, grilled onions and peppers, coffee with splenda, 3/4 cup soy milk, and a dusting of 100% cocoa powder. We just bought a Panini press and I am experimenting with cooking veggies, meat, fish on the mini grill (as well as traditional sandwiches for the men in my family).
  • kristingjertsen
    kristingjertsen Posts: 239 Member
    Elsie, I just read your post. I am going to tell my husband about the Cuisinart Indoor grill. Our panini press, pots and pans, and a lot of our kitchen equipment is Cuisinart. I love it, especially after 20 years of using hand me down pans that I bought at thrift stores.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    crust-less quiche.
  • dolcezza25
    dolcezza25 Posts: 136 Member
    panzanella (bread salad) with: tomatoes, cucumbers, capers, celery, garlic, basil and parsley
  • mariluny
    mariluny Posts: 428 Member
    I made a surprisingly tasty salad.

about 2 cups of butter lettuce
    6 shrimps cooked with chili powder
    a hard boiled egg
    half an avocado
    a bunch of cherry tomatoes
    Red onion
    Feta cheese

A vinaigrette made of olive oil, lemon juice and dijon.

It was seriously so good. Especially with this insane hot weather lol
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    On bank holiday Monday in the UK I did a not so authentic tapas/mezzes spread. Hubby assembled the prosciutto with melon. I did roast cherry tomatoes in the air fryer according to the River Cafe Simple cookbook, grilled courgette and aubergine, whipped feta with sumac, Portuguese carrots dressed with toum instead of the classic garlicky vinaigrette. We had some brown bread, kind of homemade in the bread machine with that. Oh yeah, the soused herring hidden under a ton of parsley because my filletting skills leave a lot to be desired.
    jvwfmju0iame.jpeg
    e4u6lkj73e06.jpeg

• teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    A baked potato with pico de gallo and guacamole.
  • 777Gemma888
    edited August 2018
    Dinner tonight ... Baked chicken with sharp cheddar and hot salsa topping. Mashed cheesy potatoes with carrot ribbons salad.

b7dwgflzs1jk.jpg
    70abzl4rtugo.jpg
    2ryu35tnr0yk.jpg

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    Dinner tonight was tortellini with carbonara-vodka sauce.

I started with this recipe from the Lazy Gastronome (I had never tried any recipes from that site before, but I had been wanting to make a carbonara sauce for a couple of days, and I googled until I found this, which seemed like an easy approach).

I cut it down to serve one, and as I almost always do, I treated the recipe as a jumping off point. I used cheese tortellini (Wegmans, from the refrigerated section) instead of penne. I wanted to cook the whole pound of bacon as long as I was heating up the kitchen, so I cooked it in the oven. The extra goes in the refrigerator to be used in BLTs or "California" club sandwiches, to top salads, to go alongside an egg or toast at breakfast, or to eat as a snack (like eating jerky).

Then I heated about a half tablespoon of bacon fat in a cast iron skillet, added two slices of the bacon (crumbled). Once the bacon started to warm up, I tossed in two cloves of chopped garlic (no chives because I don't have any).

As soon as the garlic turned a little beige I added the vodka (21 grams). I didn't really need to deglaze, since I hadn't cooked the bacon in that pan, but I wasn't going to leave it out. :smile:

I added the cooked tortellini, stirred until the pieces all had a sheen from the bacon grease, then added the parmesan (a little over an ounce), and stirred until the cheese started to melt. Then I added a couple of scant tablespoons of half and half whisked together with the yolk of a medium egg, and stirred until the cream and egg thickened.

So good. Logged it as 762 calories, including all of the vodka, although I figure most of the vodka calories had evaporated, since I couldn't taste any alcohol in it. Also, I had logged it as 90 proof, even though it was actually 80 proof, because the 90-proof entry was in my recent foods, and I was too lazy to chase down 80-proof entry.

Really, really tasty. Sorry no picture. I was too hungry to stop to take a picture.
  • aWildFlowere
    aWildFlowere Posts: 76 Member
    spicy sloppy joes - it was a contest with my BF at a potluck event. Mine were a bit to spicy for the MN crowd or I wouldn't have lost by only 1 vote to the bland SJ's. My BF seriously liked mine but neither of us voted so verbally i one but lost by ballots. lol