What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    shepherds pie with a swede mash top - garlic mushrooms on the side.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Last night was black bean quesadillas with tomato slices, reduced fat sour cream and salsa.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Worked all say in a heatwave moving furniture so i needed salty....Crusted salmon fillet with brussel sprouts broccoli and fries...With hot sauce and roasted red pepper dip and extra salt ....Helped lol
    ld24f5x6wb4e.png
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited August 2018
    This week I bought a whole chicken with plans to use half of the meat for 2 chicken pot pies, and the other half for chicken tacos, because whole chickens are pretty cheap. Ideally I would've cooked the chicken on a separate night, but I did not. I cooked the chicken in my pressure cooker, then make it into chicken pot pie. Man that was a lot of work lol. Thankfully it was storming last night so I didn't really have anything better to do.
  • suibhan6
    suibhan6 Posts: 81 Member
    breakfast.

3 slices of bacon (no sugar), obtained from a local farmer. Two fried eggs, with turmeric and Rainbow peppercorns, ground. 3 ounces shiitake mushrooms.

And, of course, coffee.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    edited August 2018
    NM
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Grilled sesame tuna steak, cauliflower rice with broccoli and red bell pepper and sliced cucumbers Although my steak was 6.5 ounces, I cut mine into a 3 oz portion. My dog was thrilled to eat the rest of it.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Felt like a creamy soup night tonight. Granted, I made the roux with sharp cheddar + Half & half milk ( closest grocery store were out of whole milk). Added hot peppers for that hot heat bite. Oh it's chicken creamy veggies soup.

I did consider a chicken pot pie, only I'd forgotten to defrost the butter, so a somewhat deconstructed rustic pot pie it was. Quick herbed buttery cheesy biscuits to scoop up any remnant soupy goodness.

For some reason, after tasting the roux starter thinking to adjust flavours, I'd thought, "If only I had lobsters to throw in." Strange indeed.

bpqtlo2zy8oq.jpg
    r1d3c5d8y9wh.jpg

• TheMagicOneMikeD
    TheMagicOneMikeD Posts: 94 Member
    k8eekins wrote: »
    Value the food/meal photo blogs, especially the home prepared eats, so here goes this one, since Natty_or_Not's primary thread, has disappeared.

I must have posted in that other topic that was deleted. I thought I was losing it or something wondering where the posts went.
  • gstaubs1
    gstaubs1 Posts: 200 Member
    Butterball Turkey Hardwood Smoked Sausage & Salad with Bacon & Shredded Cheese w/Olive Garden Italian Dressing...
  • TheMagicOneMikeD
    edited August 2018
    Here's what I had posted before. The site may delete things, but I rarely ever do :)

Grilled Chicken Breast w Rice Smothered In Hot Sauce
    1c03mv91c4n6.jpg

Grilled Chicken Breast w Rice, Mixed Veggies, and Sumac.
    ankddbrj7qpy.jpg

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    Value the food/meal photo blogs, especially the home prepared eats, so here goes this one, since Natty_or_Not's primary thread, has disappeared.

I must have posted in that other topic that was deleted. I thought I was losing it or something wondering where the posts went.

They deleted a topic on what people cooked??
  • TheMagicOneMikeD

They deleted a topic on what people cooked??

I guess. There was a topic with this same name that just went away. Maybe the user account that created it was deleted or something. Not sure exactly what happened.
  • PCOS_VICTOR
    PCOS_VICTOR Posts: 703 Member
    wkcxvbai1dap.jpeg
    Chicken fajita casserole and Mexican cauliflower rice 😍
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Leftover black beans, add a little taco season, put in bowl with fritos on bottom, then tomatoes, salsa and sour cream.
  • 777Gemma888
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Harissa marinated pork chop on the grill with baked sweet potato and cucumber, tomato, avocado salad.

Harisssa + pork chop + sweet potato ... Yummy!
  • 777Gemma888
    Sunday dunch was a mish mash. Roasted chicken thighs. BBQ oven roasted chicken wings. Green beans tossed in slithered almonds and caramelised onions + garlic + aromatics. Salad.

1vw7gq0f3uf6.jpg
  • 777Gemma888
    acpgee wrote: »
    On bank holiday Monday in the UK I did a not so authentic tapas/mezzes spread. Hubby assembled the prosciutto with melon. I did roast cherry tomatoes in the air fryer according to the River Cafe Simple cookbook, grilled courgette and aubergine, whipped feta with sumac, Portuguese carrots dressed with toum instead of the classic garlicky vinaigrette. We had some brown bread, kind of homemade in the bread machine with that. Oh yeah, the soused herring hidden under a ton of parsley because my filletting skills leave a lot to be desired.
    jvwfmju0iame.jpeg
    e4u6lkj73e06.jpeg

What a splendid idea ...❤️ it.
  • 777Gemma888
    Here's what I had posted before. The site may delete things, but I rarely ever do :)

Grilled Chicken Breast w Rice Smothered In Hot Sauce
    1c03mv91c4n6.jpg

Grilled Chicken Breast w Rice, Mixed Veggies, and Sumac.
    ankddbrj7qpy.jpg

The other thread was indeed deleted. Your rice reminds me of Armenian rice salad. Yum!