WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Replies

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,773 Member
    NYKAREN--Thanks for sharing all the pictures.

Rebecca--So sorry to hear the vertigo is back.

Dee--clothes hanging means something is happening so keep up the good work.

Katla--I am like you in that I do not do change well.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    I don't have a lot to say, just wanted to say hi.

I have registered for my second craft fair of the season yesterday, hopefully will do a couple more big ones and then a few that are just Saturday's. Have to get going on crafting soon!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    :)Katla, I have knitted cotton dish cloths before including the one with the duck that you sent me the pattern for. There isn't a real need that I know of for them but the lady at Project Linus is accepting preemie hats and chemo caps to take to the hospital in Seattle. I have some cotton yarn that a friend gave me when she couldn't knit anymore. I know it's at Wal Mart where we shop monthly for cat food also at Joann's which is in the next town where we don't go much at all.

:) When we moved into the house we're in now, we had Direct TV scheduled to come the first day and set up TV for us. It turned out that all the trees around us made satellite reception impossible so when we found that out, we went directly to the Cable company and after a brief learning curve decided that we actually liked cable better. Yes, it's pricey but TV is the center of our entertainment especially now when we are both so confined to home and resting.

:'(Rebecca, I'm so sorry to hear that the vertigo is back.

<3 Barbie
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,752 Member
    >:)B)
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Hi Sisters, the sun is shining here today.

Janet, that Olivia is scrumptious. Such a little super model.

We had a newstory the other day on TV news that my husband was watching that caught my attention. I googled it later so I could share it with you ladies. A 25 year research study was done following people eating different amounts of carb ie low carb, medium carb and high carb. According to this study, medium carb eaters have the best longevity outcomes, low carb the worst and it also depends on what type of carb you eat. Empower yourself with information here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-45195474
    <3 Wendy
  • wildhorsewendy
    Hi Sisters, the sun is shining here today.

Janet, that Olivia is scrumptious. Such a little super model.

We had a newstory the other day on TV news that my husband was watching that caught my attention. I googled it later so I could share it with you ladies. A 25 year research study was done following people eating different amounts of carb ie low carb, medium carb and high carb. According to this study, medium carb eaters have the best longevity outcomes, low carb the worst and it also depends on what type of carb you eat. Empower yourself with information here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-45195474
    <3 Wendy

I actually "duckduckgo" rather than googled but it just doesn't sound the same when you're writing, LOL.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Beth thank good ness <3 it sounds like a successful procedure. Keeping you both in my thoughts. Now get a little rest for yourself if you can.

NYKAREN
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Took the water class today. Not planning any formal exercise for tomorrow since we need to get up at 3 to leave by 4 to get to the airport by 5 for the flight at 7.

I just told Vince that he needs to break down any of the boxes that go into recycling so that it’s not stuffed the next time recycling is picked up. He and Jess just told me to “not worry about it”. Well, he’s going to have to worry about it otherwise there won’t be room in recycling next time. I’m sure he didn’t think of that. And that’s another reason why I want Jess to go thru the things she brought back from the storage unit.

Barbie – Lion Brand Homespun yard is VERY VERY soft. I would think that would be especially good for chemo hats. I made a hat for a newborn to donate and used that type of yarn since most babies don’t have a head of hair. Also, if you download the AC Moore app, you get 55% off one skein of yarn. The coupon seems to be good indefinitely. Also, Michael’s will match their 55% off. Hobby Lobby won’t. Not sure about any other place.

Guess who is going to be selling those textbooks? Vince says “Jess said that she uses that blanket when she’s here” We have blankets. And how long is she here? Two days then a week in VA then back for 3 days. But she wanted to proved her point. At least she is going thru the things so I can look on the positive side

Katla – why is it that kids cry all the time that they want to be treated like adults they are, yet they don’t realize that everyone has their own way of doing things and our way is not their way? They want to impose their views on their parents. I couldn’t believe how messy Jess’ apartment was. Every time I went there I’d put dishes in the dishwasher. But I didn’t wash the bathroom floor, yet it needed it. At least I thought so. I just figured “this is her home, she has it the way she wants it, it’s not my way but then again, I’m not living here”. Now I would load/unload the dishwasher because I needed someplace to put the dirty dishes. Why is she being so cranky right now? I wonder if it means that now it takes kids longer to mature? Or maybe we did things like this and didn’t realize it. Jess can’t change the batteries in Shadow’s feeder, Vince has to, because *I*’m making her go thru everything. Maybe if she’d done it when I asked her to and not gone shopping she wouldn’t have to go thru as much now. Maybe if she hadn’t waited until the last minute to do this she’d have time to spend with her “child” (Shadow). But I’m not saying that to her, I’m just writing it here. Lucky you all get to bear the brunt of it….

SuebDew – (((HUG)))

Went for my shot of Prolia then in the pool. I like when it’s hot outside.

Question for teachers: While Jess was cleaning she gave me a lot of pens. There’s no way I can use this many. Would the school be able to use them? She also has some composition books, some never used. Would schools be able to use them or should I just donate them?

Beth – thanks for the update.

Well, Vince wants to turn off the network. Don’t know if I’ll be able to post. Take care everyone.

Michele in NC going to St. Kitts
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    Llll
  • wildhorsewendy
    Michele, I SOOOO understand exactly what you and your daughter are experiencing. LOL. Times three. They all leave their stuff here and never go through it. When I finally take a bit of my precious time to try to tidy up their cast off mess, I find so much garbage taking up space in my house and they yell at me if I get rid of something, or they've lost it, they blame me. I get left with a lot of looking after their animals and paying all expenses, of course. My place would be a lot easier to keep tidy if their mess was out of here. They think I am a baby supply store, strollers, car seats, too big, too small clothes, blankets blah blah blah. Somebody mentioned downsizing to a place too small for them to move back to...good idea! I think it takes a long time for kids to understand 1. tolerance 2. different ways of doing things 3. Boundaries. They love to criticize me, but I better not do the same to them. LOL Kids, who'd have em? But who'd not have em? <3 Wendy
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    Michele yes schools could use the pens if the are not dried out and the composition books. This is a good time to donate because schools are just getting started. You could ask the school for a donation slip if you itemize your taxes.

:heart: Margaret
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    poerava14 did u get my link? I resent it