Almost 50 need to lose over 100 lbs; lets be friends!!

agrube1968
agrube1968 Posts: 132 Member
I would love to have more friends here on MFP. I am very active and am on here everyday multiple times per day! So anyone who wants a friend who's active please add me. I am very good at encouraging and motivating others (just not so much when it comes to doing that for myself - but I'm working on it).

Would love to have others that's stats are similar to mine; whether that's where you are now or where you started at. It's always encouraging and inspiring to see others who were as big as me but have lost the weight because I can look and say "See if you keep going you could look like this!".

And also if anyone would like to exchange numbers and actually text for encouragement and accountability I would be up for that too. (BUT ONLY for weight loss related encouragment - I am happily married so not looking to text anyone on a personal level like that, just wanted to make that clear!)

Thanks and God Bless!
Anna

Highest Weight: 302 lbs
Starting weight: 297.8
Current weight: 287
Goal weight: 175 lbs
Height: 5'8"

Replies

• cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    I'm 70 and need to lose 100+. My diary is open. Feel free to add me. You might also check out a thread in Motivation & Support called JUST FOR TODAY. It's a way of focusing on your weight loss and personal tasks for the day, and tracking whether or not you were successful completing them. Also a place to comment on other posts or events happening in your life.
  • izzyrn1971
    izzyrn1971 Posts: 1 Member
    Love to add u I’m
    Pretty much right where u are in the journey
  • SandyH2015
    SandyH2015 Posts: 95 Member
    I just sent you a request :)
  • JudyCoventry4
    JudyCoventry4 Posts: 10 Member
    nearly the same stats
  • Demander2015
    Demander2015 Posts: 31 Member
    I am not 50 but my goal was to lose 100 pounds. I am 80 pounds down! woo-hoo! Feel free to question me about any challenges that you might face. I know I faced plenty. I would be happy to help. Maybe I can pick up some inspiration from you guys for dropping the last 20 pounds which are becoming very stubborn. Happy winning by losing everyone!
  • We have a similar amount to lose (me slightly more) but I’d love to be friends, just restarting my journey today :)
  • willsgirl2014
    willsgirl2014 Posts: 6 Member
    I’m almost 50, 5’2 and currently 227lb. My highest is 265lb. I need 10 more to get my knee surgery and goal long term is 160? Maybe. I need support and friends too. Please feel free to add me. I am very active on here.
  • luceeleanor
    luceeleanor Posts: 48 Member
    Hello, I need to lose the same amount of weight as you, so will definitely add you.
    Good luck! X
  • sgriska
    sgriska Posts: 109 Member
    Add me! I’m 52. Starting weight 285, current weight 161, goal weight somewhere between 125-140.
  • d82_myfitjourney
    d82_myfitjourney Posts: 15 Member
    Hellllllooo I sent you a friend request today. I’m your height and I started at the same weight as you...297.4 lbs this past May. I’ve used MFP for years and it does work! I don’t know if my goals is to drop 100 lbs but I set mini goals and I’ll know when the number is right based on how I feel. When I was 175 I wasn’t comfortable. Hopefully we can motivate each each other!
  • Symone_90
    Symone_90 Posts: 1 Member
    I’ll friend you! I’m in the same boat. My SW was 290 I’m 268 as of this morning. My goal is about 160-170 I’m 5’7 1/2.
  • checkmatekingtwo
    checkmatekingtwo Posts: 118 Member
    Please add me as a friend. We have about the same highest weight. I've lost 63 pounds so far, but need to lose about 100 more (I'm 5'4", so shorter than you).
  • willsgirl2014
    willsgirl2014 Posts: 6 Member
    I have hovered around the same 3 pounds for about 3 weeks. And I know it’s because I have little slips here and there. I can’t seem to have the staying power to keep going. Any tips or tricks to get my motivation back?
  • nckey42
    nckey42 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi .... I’m almost 50, 5ft 7, CW is 282 and looking to lose 100lbs plus ... I’d love to be friends .....
  • sgriska
    sgriska Posts: 109 Member
    I have hovered around the same 3 pounds for about 3 weeks. And I know it’s because I have little slips here and there. I can’t seem to have the staying power to keep going. Any tips or tricks to get my motivation back?

For me, the trick has been to stop thinking about the way I'm eating as a means to an end and just taking it as "the way I eat now." That way, it doesn't matter to me as much what the scale is doing or not doing. I won't lie: it does niggle at me a bit, but not as much as if I were constantly feeling cheated that there wasn't a direct cause/effect relationship between my efforts and the "pay off" of weight loss progress.
  • hangonsloopy44
    hangonsloopy44 Posts: 12 Member
    Just saw this thread, I’m in after January 2, 2019. I figure I’ll wait until after the holidays because I’m the only person in the family that cooks. I need a lot of help and support. I’m not sure how to add friends on here so teach me. Also, physical on Monday, can’t wait for those results.
  • You can add me if you like. I'm not super busy on the boards but I'm always available by PM! I've been hammering away at this for a while and want to help others in any way I can.

Height - 5'4"
    Starting 296.4
    Current 191.0 (-105.4#)
    Goal 165 (?) - TBD based on % body fat
  • pgoodt1994
    pgoodt1994 Posts: 32 Member
    I am 44 and have about 80 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me.
  • times60
    times60 Posts: 204 Member
    Please add me. I am 61 258 and need to loose 110lbs.
  • wisniewskan
    wisniewskan Posts: 4 Member
    I am 200 looking to lose 50 lbs at least. I am having trouble making myself a meal plan was wondering if you had any tips
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!