What's the biggest small change you've made?

Replies

• DrusiliaDD
    DrusiliaDD Posts: 71 Member
    I stopped drinking coffee since I would have milk and two teaspoons of sugar. I didn't realise how much more I could've been doing with those calories.
  • Jdacruz5588
    Jdacruz5588 Posts: 16 Member
    More water! Less CARBS!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,719 Member
    aganey wrote: »
    aganey wrote: »
    Growing up I never ate breakfast bc I wasn’t hungry until lunch time and I was always thin. Well after I had my first child 11 years ago I never lost my baby weight. I forced myself to eat breakfast bc “it was the most important meal of the day and it jump started your metabolism” (so I read). I ALWAYS want a bedtime snack and NEVER had enough calories to eat anything satisfying. I eventually would get frustrated and binge snack and then give up. The past two weeks I’ve only eaten breakfast if I’m hungry for it. Most days I just have my coffee. This leaves me a fair amount of calories for my bedtime snack, I’m not feeling deprived in any way and the scale is moving in the right direction! I usually end up even a tad under my calories! I don’t know why it took 11 years for this one obvious thing to click with me!!
    . Yea!! I always get so tired of people
    Telling me I should eat breakfast! Blah blah. I did that for 20 odd years and look where it got me. Now I only eat it if I’m hungry, then I have calories and snacks left for later in the day when I am
    ACTUALLY hungry!

Exactly! Thanks for agreeing!

I am with you both!
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Cutting out soda is HUGE for me. I unfortunately have slipped up since being on vacation, but starting today I am getting right back into it. No more!
  • krystlpierce
    krystlpierce Posts: 71 Member
    I've been getting up at 4am during the week to go to the gym before school so I can't cop-out in the afternoon. This is a small change for me because I'm usually up at 5am every morning. What's an hour earlier if it improves my health?
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Less coffee. I make lattes with a whole lot of whole milk (like 1 cup per 6oz espresso). So i have my morning ritual and maybe one more, rather than several per day. Big difference.
  • ladychris29
    ladychris29 Posts: 4,657 Member
    Eliminating most simple carbs... which is really a huge change since I've been addicted to almost everything bad for me since I was just a gleam in my mama's eye. But what an amazing change that decision's made in my life.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    atjays wrote: »
    I bought a food scale.

This can't be said enough. Take the extra 5 minutes and weigh your food. I think it will shock a lot of people what actual serving sizes are. A table spoon isn't as much as you can pile onto it.... If you're going to take the time to meal prep, do it right!

^ by far, getting a food scale was what made this whole process simple. Didn't have to cut out any foods, didn't have to fret over eating that cookie. I always know where I stand. Has been quite freeing.
  • lisaloumn2
    lisaloumn2 Posts: 203 Member
    joining the 5:30am group classes - I was not going in the afternoons - now i get it done and its a great start the day
  • 4bugsmama
    4bugsmama Posts: 2,875 Member
    Bringing the treadmill out of the Arizona Room into an empty corner of the dining room where it is much more accessible and I see it daily - my daily reminder to get at least 30 minutes of cardio in.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!