WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    <3 Up for a few minutes to do computer chores, now back to lying down, knitting and listening to podcasts.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    HEATHER hope your chain gets sorted soon so frustrating

KJ love the sound of kiddos with seniors, as Heather said there have been similar schemes here. TV programme on one scheme, lovely to see the littlies and the seniors interacting.

Doing 3 days KB and every day cardio, eating still out of kilter.
    Been out for walks the last 2 days, it's 2.4 miles, even did a bit of running, was faster today, only 3 mins but felt great.

Did anyone watch DIETLAND on Amazon?

Kate UK <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,435 Member
    Ll
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    HEATHER hope your chain gets sorted soon so frustrating

KJ love the sound of kiddos with seniors, as Heather said there have been similar schemes here. TV programme on one scheme, lovely to see the littlies and the seniors interacting.

Doing 3 days KB and every day cardio, eating still out of kilter.
    Been out for walks the last 2 days, it's 2.4 miles, even did a bit of running, was faster today, only 3 mins but felt great.

Did anyone watch DIETLAND on Amazon?

Kate UK <3

I binge watched Dietland! It ended strangely huh!!?? I don't know it I like this new Plumb it not. She's empowered but oh so angry! And what's this all hating men business? Its definitely off but interesting!
    Rebecca 💗
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Thanks for your well wishes. I did a little work in my flower beds this morning. Still pulling weeds but it is too hot to work very long Still seeing spots so will rest for the rest of the day.
    Rori-I had the same experience with turmeric. Took it for three days and my fingers, elbows and knees started hurting. So I was done with turmeric.
    SueBDew in Tx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,126 Member
    edited August 2018
    My chicken curry was to live for! B) Oh my!
    Nice for DH to have something hot and nourishing to come back to after a long day at the cricket. England did well at the bowling. :D It should be a good, close match, but DH isn't going again for the lat two days. Ticket prices ridiculous. I paid for some of my brother's as his birthday present.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    REBECCA agree about Dietland ending, do you think there will be another series? It was based on a novel wasn't it?

Kate <3
  • pipcd34
    Ppp
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    I just posted the new thread for September. Please join the conversation there.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10692471/women-ages-50-for-september-2018/p1?new=1
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Barbie: I am about to start knitting baby washcloths for DGS. I made six samples, and DDIL picked out her favorite. Now I’ll be doing the same one over and over until I run out of yarn or quit. I figure half a dozen will be a good start, and maybe enough or maybe she will need more. Knitting is a soothing activity in my experience. :flowerforyou:

NYKaren: I hope you give yourself some extra forgiveness when fatigue sneaks up on your preparations for the beginning of school. :wink:

I put DS, DDIL and our baby grandson on the jet for home. It was a wonderful visit and I hope to see more of them. That baby is a charmer.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.22min, 12.9amph, 125mhr, 1.5mi= 60c
    apple watch- 56c
    0 RUNNER- 30min, 109ahr, 131mhr, 9.09min mi, lvl8, 13h, 110c, 43l, 3.28mi= 197c
    apple watch- 199c
    other-jump, double, single leg, back, sideways, forwards- 17.11min, 126ahr, 158mhr= 157c
    apple watch- 185c
    ride gym 2 dome- 5.10min, 16.8amph, 130mhr, 1.4mi= 58c
    apple watch- 41c
    ride puy 2 sumn station- 12.42min, 14.4amph, 127ahr, 144mhr, 150c
    apple watch- 129c
    jog sta 2 wk- 4.44min, 9.05min mi, 138ahr, 146mhr, .5mi= 53c
    apple watch- 52c
    jog wk 2 sumn sta-, w/extra bag= 4.47min, 10.32min mi, 143mhr, .4mi= 64c
    apple watch- 58c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.08min, 8.5amph, 150mhr, 2.5mi= 174c
    apple watch- 148c

total cal 913
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    REBECCA agree about Dietland ending, do you think there will be another series? It was based on a novel wasn't it?

Kate <3

Yep, I think it was based on a book. I kind of doubt it will be picked up for a second season, but it was entertaining!
    Rebecca 💗
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    I think I need to figure out a way to come up with a couple thousand dollars. I have been trying to figure out how to get home to see my own Mom who is in the manor, but now I think we need to get home for his mother as well. Not sure how I'll make this a reality. If we didn't have to pay any bills, we could actually do it!

Tracey in Edmonton, wishing she was in New Brunswick

A lot of places will be hiring part-time Christmas help soon. I know of a number of Canadians who do that so they can go on holiday somewhere warm in February, but it might work for you too.