Why did you come to the conclusion to lose weight?

Replies

• ninjacakes
    ninjacakes Posts: 24 Member
    My daughter.
  • lalabank
    lalabank Posts: 1,009 Member
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    My 'fat pants' we're no longer fitting. Seriously, I owned one pair of jeans that still fit, and I was starting to surpass them. I was tired of having to come home and put on sweat pants and pajamas.

I want to apply for term life insurance, but my weight puts me into a high $$$ category even though I am only 35, and otherwise 'healthy'

I am 5'3" and tired of weighing more than my 6 foot tall husband. Like, 50 lbs more.

I stopped wearing pants 5 years ago and only wear dresses. I like saying it was a choice but really it’s because jeans got to be uncomfortable. I’m also 5’3 and topped the scale at 242, I’m hovering at 205 now. I want to wear pants again and feel good about how I look. Lol my hubby is also 6’ and he is on a weight loss journey, his goal weight is less than I weigh... major motivation!
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Honestly mostly vanity. I’m short, and I like a leaner look, plus I’m a distance runner and it becomes much easier carrying less weight around.
  • JaydenHudson93
    JaydenHudson93 Posts: 7 Member
    I didn't like what was looking back at me in the mirror. I needed to be around for my two kids and i couldn't keep up with them at the size I was.
  • Candyspun
    Candyspun Posts: 370 Member
    I got fat. I didn’t want to stay that way.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    I'm cheap and didn't want to buy new clothes..LOL
    There came a point where some of my clothes just weren't tight, but nothing fit...
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    I am ok staying in a general weight range but I went above and beyond that recently. When I started feeling physically uncomfortable....couldn't bend while seated, a general swollen feeling and having to barely squeeze into my pants...that is when I knew it was time to change.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    I was FAT...end of that story!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    bump
  • erinlouise55
    erinlouise55 Posts: 50 Member
    I wanted to feel more confident in myself and have more energy, I was forever putting myself down and always felt tired so im on a journey to better myself so I can enjoy life 😁
  • mling84
    mling84 Posts: 35 Member
    When I was weighed at the doctor's office this year Feb 2018 and it registered 206 lbs. This is the heaviest I've ever been and is a great opportunity to go through weight loss this time around WHILE accepting myself. First time in my life losing weight this way!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    bump
  • benwarren1987
    benwarren1987 Posts: 1 Member
    Mine was after a holiday in Cambodia in May and friends commented on even tho i was a PT why I was so big (99kg / 218lb) so made a decision when I got back before Xmas I would be back to 75kg (165lb) and with 2 months to go have 8kg (17lb).
  • patsyw4495
    patsyw4495 Posts: 0 Member
    When two handful of candy became my breakfast! I’m feel tired, unhealthy, and unappreciative of the gift that my body is. I’m ready to change!