What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 825 Member
    You’re right! Wish they had smaller sizes in the gowns!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    Jewellery may become a problem.

All my pendants now hang ridiculously low; I badly need shorter chains. But it seems to be virtually impossible to find a 15” chain these days! Is a 12-12 1/2” throat really that unusual?

Similarly, bracelets - I recently bought one of those cheap elasticated beaded bracelets as a souvenir. In the old days I couldn’t wear them because they cut off the blood supply to my hand; now the dratted thing is far too loose. I can get three fingers under there before it even starts to stretch.

Is it me? Do all the normal weight people out there just go around with everything feeling loose and rattly? Is that how it’s meant to be?

I've always had a skinny neck - but then I don't have much on the chest, so if my necklaces hang low, they don't seem indecent! One thing I do is purchase chains with links that are large enough that I can hook the clasp through one of the links if I want the chain to be shorter.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member

All my pendants now hang ridiculously low; I badly need shorter chains. But it seems to be virtually impossible to find a 15” chain these days! Is a 12-12 1/2” throat really that unusual?

Similarly, bracelets - I recently bought one of those cheap elasticated beaded bracelets as a souvenir. In the old days I couldn’t wear them because they cut off the blood supply to my hand; now the dratted thing is far too loose. I can get three fingers under there before it even starts to stretch.

Is it me? Do all the normal weight people out there just go around with everything feeling loose and rattly? Is that how it’s meant to be?

Amazon.

DH ordered me a necklace for Mothers Day. It came in 15" and 18" chains, he bought the 18".... I'm wearing it with a 15" chain from another necklace that I rarely wear.

My kid's got necklaces for Pascha, they came with 13" chains for kids. They really need 10" chains as they are quite low hanging for a child's necklace. I guess because they are younger children and 13" probably fits up to the preteen years. I'm looking to replace the chains.

Anyway, I have found very reasonable chains in whatever length I want on Amazon, but I am looking at "order for child" durability and cost, so you may be looking for something nicer.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member

Amazon.

DH ordered me a necklace for Mothers Day. It came in 15" and 18" chains, he bought the 18".... I'm wearing it with a 15" chain from another necklace that I rarely wear.

My kid's got necklaces for Pascha, they came with 13" chains for kids. They really need 10" chains as they are quite low hanging for a child's necklace. I guess because they are younger children and 13" probably fits up to the preteen years. I'm looking to replace the chains.

Anyway, I have found very reasonable chains in whatever length I want on Amazon, but I am looking at "order for child" durability and cost, so you may be looking for something nicer.

In our area there's a mall store which sells chain by the inch - pick it out and they cut it and add fittings of your choice. Gold, silver, plated, whatever. Google and see if you have something similar.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    Amazon.

Amazon has been driving me mad; I search for 15” chains, or just chains and then select the filter option for length, and then every chain it shows me is 17”.

What gives, Amazon? Do you just hate me personally?!
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    @ceiswyn try QVC
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    I've always had a skinny neck - but then I don't have much on the chest, so if my necklaces hang low, they don't seem indecent! One thing I do is purchase chains with links that are large enough that I can hook the clasp through one of the links if I want the chain to be shorter.

The problem is more that anything with a 17” chain hangs right on the neckline of most of my current dresses, which is just annoying.

The large links thing is a good idea. I might have to take my favourite pendants shopping with me, though, because larger links might have trouble fitting through the bails.

Also, my diamond shoes are too tight :D

Aaaaah, the jewelry maker in me has itchy fingers to fix your necklaces. If only portals from one part of the world to the other existed! I hope you find shorter chains! What I would look for are normal chains but with larger links on one end meant for extending a necklace. But you're right, the links will have to go through the bails, though that shouldn't be too much of an issue unless they are super tiny.

I have similar issues. My neck is 11.5-12" and too long necklaces end up in the grand canyon formed by my cleavage. Have to go spelunking to get it out, lol. So I have to make sure that if they are long, they are LONG. None of this middle length bit.

Good luck to you!

It was helpful to know the jewelry making trade. I fixed a lot of my own bracelets and necklaces. It was handy when I made my own when it was hard to find ones that would fit and even more helpful when I had to make them smaller.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!