Weekly Post 27/08/2018 - 02/09/2018

Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,952 Member
Good morning everybody!

Sorry I did not have a chance to check in on the weekend. Busy with family on Saturday and hit the beach on Sunday. Great weekend! Excited about some new recipes we are trying this week. I modified a little bit, to reduce calorie counts but I'll see if I can grab some links for you if you are interested.

Four day work week for me. I am taking Friday off and then we are off for the Labor Day holiday on Monday, September 3. Planning a few 1200ish days for me this week. Goal is to hit the gym each day after work, too.

Hope everybody is doing well! Off to fill up my water cup and get the day rolling. Have a great day today, especially those of you are fasting. As always, if anybody is lurking and reading and has any questions - feel free to throw them out there for us. That is why this thread is here - for support and questions and general chit chat. :)

See you soon!

Replies

• orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Thank y'all for the hints on resetting the log streak...I thought about it, but decided against it; it felt like cheating because I really did miss a day. I had done it in the past because I had straddled (coming in around 26 hours after my last login). It's not that big of a deal (maybe, lol), still doing ok on the weight loss. It's a long road.

Save travels Meghan! ...enjoy the long weekend.

Hello everyone, good luck throughout the week.
  • Meghan509
    Hi all!

Sounds good @orlcam I know what you mean.

Thanks! Going to be staying local for the long weekend. It is nice to be off work for an extra few days! :smiley:

Nothing new to report here. Plugging along. Hope everybody has a great day.

Speak to you soon.
  • Meghan509
    Good morning everybody.

Hope your week is going well.

• orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Afternoon...just staying connected...have a good one.
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,515 Member
    Well, it is only Wednesday and I have almost reached my weekly step goal! I am on the move!
    I am going to try giving up caffeine! I noticed this summer that it seems to directly correlate with my anxiety bad dreams. I am already stressed, so I am hoping this will help me sleep. The only problem is that I use caffeine to self medicate for ADD. :/ So, I might get a good night's sleep, but I may have the attention span of a squirrel on speed. :#
    I hope you all have a great rest of the week! Happy fasting!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    [quote="KateNkognito;c-42542630":/ So, I might get a good night's sleep, but I may have the attention span of a squirrel ![/quote]

Well Kate, I hate to laugh... but that’s hilarious! Deep breaths!!

Have a great weekend people. Long weekend here too! I’ve already been out for a beautiful lunch AND dinner today, some people can really cook!! ... housework for tomorrow, then partay on Friday!! Woohoo!

No fasting this week for me but back at it next Tuesday, unless by some miracle I sneak one in there before then!

Cheers!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning all!

LOL @KateNkognito I hear you about caffeine. I love coffee, tea, and diet sodas, but I try and keep it caffeine free from 5:00pm on. That way it won't bother my sleep. So if I am craving a coffee after dinner it is definitely a decaf. ;)

Enjoy your time off and your holiday @mamainthekitchen. A partay sounds fun! WOO HOO.

Day off tomorrow for me. Is it 5 o'clock yet!!?? Then back to work on Tuesday. Weather will be so so it looks. Decent, but a chance of showers most days except Monday. Beach would be nice, but we shall play it by ear.

Heading to the gym tonight to hit the treadmill. Last two days have been the bike. I have reason to believe my thyroid may be a little sluggish - hence the h*ll I have been experiencing the last year or so with slow to no weight loss and frustration. I have a physical with my MD at the end of September and I will ask her to check my thyroid. In the meantime, I have picked up a supplement on Amazon to try and "fix" it myself. Fingers crossed.

Have a good day and a good weekend! Will try and pop in here or there. :)
  • Meghan509
    Happy Saturday!
    Hope you are all having fun and enjoying the long weekend. :)
    Speak to you all soon.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    edited September 2018
    Oooh back to fasting tues!!! Way too much indulgence has been going on here during this Labor Day weekend!!!!!

Woah
    B):#:s