40’s ladies... support and updates

Replies

• AndreaHK102399
    AndreaHK102399 Posts: 3 Member
    44, 2 kids, work including lots of travel, trying to lose 15
  • BachataDancer
    BachataDancer Posts: 77 Member
    45, mom of 5. Trying to lose the baby fat. my youngest is 13 so it's time :smiley:
  • BachataDancer
    BachataDancer Posts: 77 Member
    44, 2 kids, work including lots of travel, trying to lose 15

I travel a lot too. Eating out, arrrggggg!!!
  • jen_mcilroy
    jen_mcilroy Posts: 151 Member
    edited August 2018
    I just typed up A LONG post and it didn't post. 😬 Or I accidentally posted it elsewhere!😂 Just curious about everyone's workouts. I walk 45 minutes with about 100 or more knee highs thrown in. That happens 2 to 4 days a week. I also have some calisthenics that I put together to do everyday. I've tried Beach Body, made me feel old. I also did Bikini Beach Body(BBG). I put my own work out together from that.
  • miseryhowe
    miseryhowe Posts: 1 Member
    Hi. I’m 46 and I need to loose about 80lbs. Just been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes so the need to lose is real serious
  • lbrules
    lbrules Posts: 32 Member
    I just typed up A LONG post and it didn't post. 😬 Or I accidentally posted it elsewhere!😂 Just curious about everyone's workouts. I walk 45 minutes with about 100 or more knee highs thrown in. That happens 2 to 4 days a week. I also have some calisthenics that I put together to do everyday. I've tried Beach Body, made me feel old. I also did Bikini Beach Body(BBG). I put my own work out together from that.

Lacking motivation right now, but I was doing kick boxing. Now it's just trying to get my butt off the couch again to at least go on my very dusty treadmill. What is "calisthenics"?
  • jen_mcilroy
    jen_mcilroy Posts: 151 Member
    lbrules wrote: »
    [quote="jen_mcilroy;c-42521851"

Lacking motivation right now, but I was doing kick boxing. Now it's just trying to get my butt off the couch again to at least go on my very dusty treadmill. What is "calisthenics"?

Kick boxing sounds fun. For me for calisthenics I have a list of excersize. Push ups, sit ups, lunges, squats, and the like. My core needs a lot of work. I'd like to be able to do a "real" pushup someday. 😂

• 46lbs
    46lbs Posts: 9 Member
    Hi all. Am 44 with 4 adult children, the youngest 2 still at home. Have started back at the gym as well as hiking a few months back, and am hoping to slowly lose 25lbs. Looking for motivational friends!! :)
  • JoyfulPraise39
    JoyfulPraise39 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I am 44. I am working on losing 35lbs by my 45th birthday to be ready for a fitness goal I have set.
  • NCA1975
    NCA1975 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi I’m 42, have 4 children (22, 18 and twins 12)
    I work in a school so currently coming to the end of the summer holidays. I really need to lose around 40-50lbs.
    I’ve tried SW and WW but I get bored with counting points/syns and then blow it and pile on everything I’ve lost and more... it’s a vicious circle.
    Determined to do this now..
    Feel free to add me as a friend - still figuring out how to do it!
    😊NCA
  • 4hopeyem
    4hopeyem Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Everyone,
    Looking for support and friends. Live in Alberta. Have lost just over 100 lbs (past 2+ years). New to these groups. I seem to have plateaued again and still have more I would like to lose. Workout 4x a week and track my food daily. Losing the inches, but not the weight. I know the change in my body is still happening but daily struggle with giving myself treats here and there. Feel free to add me.
    Thanks
  • contessakris
    contessakris Posts: 33 Member
    48, tons to lose. 2 kids but both have moved out and are living life. Hubby and I are figuring out this empty nest thing. lol Started weight loss earnestly in April, lost about 25 lbs. Gained several back over the last month or 2. But back this week to keep going... Would love new supportive friends, especially those doing keto/low carb/mediterranean diets. Feel free to add me.
  • SaraMakingChanges
    SaraMakingChanges Posts: 178 Member
    Hi, I’m 41 and Mom of two (20 and 17). I’ve lost over 140 but still have 90 to go! Active on MFP daily and my diary is open. Let’s connect and support each other! 👍🏻
  • FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 347 Member
    I am 43. I've lost about 8 lbs. Since March and I'm trying to lose 20 more. I log my foods every day. Feel free to add me.
  • linab2018
    linab2018 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi 42, no kids, trying to shed about 55 pounds... loooong way to go! Looking for others to keep motivated!!!
  • afewmoreleft
    afewmoreleft Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all! I’m 43 with 2 teenagers that are very active. I was a college athlete who mentally thinks I can still workout and compete. When I try it, it’s so hard that I give up. It’s such a mental battle now that I could use the support. My diary is open to friends. Hoping to give and get support!
  • onevtcent018
    onevtcent018 Posts: 11 Member
    40 here, finally getting into the best shape of my life. 55 down, about 40 more to go. Feel free to add me!
  • gieverett
    gieverett Posts: 1 Member
    Hi ladies, I'm 42 and need/want to lose 35 pounds. Eating healthy isn't my problem. It's the hours I work that are killing the drive I used to have. 3pm-3am with a 30 min drive to and from, sleep for an hour, take the kids to school, then sleep from about 8am-11am. Looking for a good workout routine that I can fit into the short amount of time in a day that I have. I have a smith machine in my 90 degree garage. Ready. Set... REPLY :)
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    edited September 2018
    I am 44, post-menopause, two kids (19 and 16)...I am training for a strongman competition in November. I am 167lbs at the moment. I am looking to lose 4 or 5 pounds of fat by then (want to keep my strength high) to get into the lower weight category which is U75 (under 75kg)... and then get down to goal weight of 140lbs by next year...I have been following heavy lifting programmes on and off for many years (tried running, triathlon, tough mudder, gym octathlon, circuits, weight training, spin class, yoga, loads of stuff over the years), but recently got back into powerlifting and hypertrophy phases for increasing strength and building more muscle/lean mass. I do not eat small compared to other MFPers. I am eating in the 2000 cal plus range and am losing steadily. Tried 1800 cals recently and was just ravenously hungry all the time. I cycle daily for cardio fitness and if I need to do any extra (which is not happening at the moment) I either swim or walk fast...

If there is one thing I would encourage women everywhere of every ability to do, that is to do some form of strength training.
  • georgialanes
    georgialanes Posts: 6 Member
    edited September 2018
    Hi! I'm 46 mom of 2 older teens. Well, one is almost 20 lol! I work full time at Walgreens and am constantly fighting buying snack food every day. I'm looking to lose the 20 to 30 thirty lbs that I have gained in the last 2 years while working at this store. 😊👍 I need friends for support and I love to chat.

Hi - I'm somewhat in the same boat.... 45 years old, 2 teen girls (14 almost 16) and needing motivation! I started really focusing in the past couple weeks. Ready for a change!