NSV's

Replies

• rkmeyer41
    rkmeyer41 Posts: 58 Member
    So I started my keto journey 3 years ago because I was diagnosed with PCOS. Doctors said it was impossible for me to get pregnant because of my disorder (I don’t ovulate on my own) but I stuck with keto because I truly believed it helped balance my hormones. Here I am 3 years later, with more digging and more research under my belt. I started carb cycling.. keto days thrown in the week along with high carb days. And we found out I’m pregnant! No medications, no exogenous hormones. All natural.

That's wonderful! Congratulations!
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    And we found out I’m pregnant! No medications, no exogenous hormones. All natural.

The best NSV ever!

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    So an odd one! In the past few months at great expense I might add, I have gone down in bras from a 38F to a 36F and now a 34F please note the back is going down the boobs are staying the same size damn it!! :*

Hang in there. I went down first in band size I did go from F to DDD and I tried some DDs that also fit well. I went with the DDD, because that will be the first place I regain any weight. I was so excited to drop a cup size. I've dropped band size on other diets, but never the cup.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    So I started my keto journey 3 years ago because I was diagnosed with PCOS. Doctors said it was impossible for me to get pregnant because of my disorder (I don’t ovulate on my own) but I stuck with keto because I truly believed it helped balance my hormones. Here I am 3 years later, with more digging and more research under my belt. I started carb cycling.. keto days thrown in the week along with high carb days. And we found out I’m pregnant! No medications, no exogenous hormones. All natural.

Congratulations, that's awesome news!!
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    So an odd one! In the past few months at great expense I might add, I have gone down in bras from a 38F to a 36F and now a 34F please note the back is going down the boobs are staying the same size damn it!! :*

Hang in there. I went down first in band size I did go from F to DDD and I tried some DDs that also fit well. I went with the DDD, because that will be the first place I regain any weight. I was so excited to drop a cup size. I've dropped band size on other diets, but never the cup.

I don't hold up much hope as when I met my husband about 20 years ago I was at my thinnest ever and I was a 32 wait for it yes F!! Still with my family history of BC I'm just happy to have them and that I'm still okay (hopefully!) :)
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,680 Member
    2t9nty wrote: »
    There was a snappy seersucker suit in there that I had forgotten about. There was a camel hair sport coat. These were things bought 25 - 30 years ago, and in what is probably a sad commentary on my wardrobe, they are exactly the same sorts of things I would wear today.
    Not sad! All classics!
    Congratulations!!
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    @LolaDeeDaisy23 that is so awesome! Congratulations and good on you for sticking with it. I bet you are over the moon!
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,572 Member
    Long story short, this time I found myself without health insurance and no way to pay for the insulin and victoza which weren't even properly controlling my blood sugar. After almost three months of readings 300+ (many that couldn't even be read by my meter, which *only* reads to 499), I found myself making sure my kids knew what to do if they couldn't wake me up and decided that enough was enough. I am 7 days in today. My cravings are easily dealt with, and while my blood sugar is still high, it has started with a 1 for the past 3 days!

Keto was like a miracle drug for my glucose readings. I hope yours come back down quickly.

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Just an FYI for the bra sizes.... https://anita.com/blog/en_global/2016/09/27/do-cup-sizes-stay-the-same-throughout-the-back-size/
    In talking with my teenage daughters recently I realised that there is a little confusion out there about cup sizes and how they change as you go up and down the back size chart. I dare say that most men also suffer from this misconception. The confusion seems to lay in the cup size, for example ‘Is a C cup in a 32C different to a C cup in a 38C?’

The answer is yes. As the Bra band size (the numbers) increases so does the cup as it naturally gets wider to sit properly on the band. (Otherwise you would end up with two tiny cups that only covered the front of the breast). So if you wear a 32C and your Mum wears a 36C then her bra, her cup sizes and her breasts will be larger than yours. It’s all dependent on the back (band) size. Hope that clears this up…

So yes, even if the cup designation letter stays the same, if your band size drops, your breasts will be smaller too.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,572 Member
    Yesterday in church, there was a family back. I had not seen them for a couple of years. The father asked where the former priest went. I said, "Padre Juan retired and lives in town." The man said, "No, I mean the one after Padre Juan - he was a big man and shorter than you." I told him I was the one who had been there since Padre Juan's retirement. He said he did not even recognize me with the weight loss.
  • GrannyGoes4it
    GrannyGoes4it Posts: 59 Member
    awe lola dee that is so wonderful
  • Sugarbeat wrote: »
    I think we need an NSV thread.
    What is NSV?

• PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,680 Member
    Sugarbeat wrote: »
    I think we need an NSV thread.
    What is NSV?
    A Non-Scale Victory - any kind of success story except one based simply on change in weight.