Blast from the past....Any Firm users out there?

sme5056
sme5056 Posts: 7 Member
edited September 2018 in Fitness and Exercise
So, wanting to get into the best shape of my life before I hit 45, I went old school and brought out The Firm tapes? Granted, I am 40 pounds overweight and can barely touch my toes. But dream big or go home, right!!

Anyone else remember these? These tapes are KILLER but effective! I forgot how bad these tapes kick my butt. O-M-G. Doing these tapes in my twenties was one thing but in my forties is going to take serious effort! Thank God I don’t have a mirror close by as I ungracefully tried to do finish with the pretzel stretch...yeah...like that’s happening anytime soon!!

Anyone want to reminisce about these tapes or want to start up and join me in doing them....misery loves company!!😎

Replies

• whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    I remember those on VHS :D
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I like The Firm Super Cardio Mix, 500 calorie workout, and several others. I mostly borrow them from the library.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    I have both of the video sets that used the fanny lifter. They are definitely killer workouts.
  • anname9203
    anname9203 Posts: 49 Member
    I still have quite a few of the dvds sitting here but I haven't used them in a while. I say whatever works to get you moving is a good thing! I lost a lot of weight in the past using those workouts.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    I have a few, the set with the fanny lifter box, cardio sculpt, it my preferred routine sometimes.
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    I remember those! Loved them.
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    I bought a bunch of the DVDs from Amazon when I heard Firm was going out of business. I try and do them regularly (well, more difficult now with a baby).

I was always in the best shape of my life when doing the FIRM. I love them!
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    I know collage video seems to have a bunch of the old ones on DVD now. (new packaging)

My favorites are the BSS 3 and BSS4 systems...
  • moco916
    moco916 Posts: 11 Member
    I started Firming again last week and I’m seeing great results! The workouts have stood the test of time and still provide a GREAT calorie burn!
  • anname9203
    I might give one of my old Firm workouts a try this evening! This thread has inspired me to look at them again. :)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I'm waiting for Pump jump 'n jab to come in from the library loan I requested...also considering just buying a DVD set of it with 3 other workouts on Amazon.
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Loved them! Great results too.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    I have several I still roll in and out of the rotation! I really loved the ones with the two piece step, but I lost that in one of my moves somehow :(.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    My favorite all over 1 hour workout is Cardio Sculpt with the fanny lifter.
  • spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    I still use the one with Janet Jones-Gretzky, probably about once every two weeks. It's one of my favorites and I get a great burn each time. The Firm workouts really are timeless.
  • anname9203
    Finally tried one of my old firm workouts today. Great burn even if I couldn't keep up at all with what they were doing! :D Guess it has been a long time!