The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    edited September 2018
    donimfp wrote: »
    Aww, @RubyRed427, I'm so sorry. And by no stretch of the imagination are you sounding like a brat. I wouldn't presume to offer any advice at all, but the old (trite) truism that God doesn't give us more than we can handle comes to mind . . . because I would not be able to handle that with quiet grace. I'd probably have reacted in a most unproductive way and then regretted it. I'm glad the Sober Squad is here for such venting, and it's a positive thing that you weren't tempted by the beer. That is awesome. As you would say, xoxoxo

The old me would have probably sulked and let it fester.... and then exploded. But now the new me, knows to keep perspective and keep calm. This too shall pass. Thanks for your support! Xoxo ;)
  • RubyRed427
    Just started a 4 month AF stretch today - last day December 31st.
    Moderation is "easy" for me (its all relative) but the inner moron comes out every time I have a sip which leads to my inner fat man coming out when I raid the fridge. Reading this forum has inspired me to just quit altogether. Instead of going for a "forever" manifesto Ill start with what I know I will do. Jan 1st I will re-evaluate (but most probably re up for another year).
    Thanks all for the support and being examples. Amazing people here. :)
    (P.S. the inner fat man does make an appearance from time to time - without any liquid courage. But that's another challenge.)

You made me smile. Happy you are along for the ride! I plan on re upping too !
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,486 Member
    @Orphia that is amazing. Just think what you can do with all that money! Thanks for sharing.
  • RubyRed427
    joha5603 wrote: »
    30 days AF today.

Congrats! That was a long, good 30 days, I imagine! Hope you feel good. You should be very proud.
  • RubyRed427
    donimfp wrote: »
    Ke22yB wrote: »
    I don't really count days months or even years much anymore but it has just become the way I live and happily it isn't something I need to hang onto.

I'm not really counting day to day that much either, although it's so early it's hard not to be aware of the number of days that have passed (36, but who's counting?). But as I posted earlier, I think, I've written down the dates of what will be days 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 350, and 365. If I didn't make note of those days, I wouldn't get the awesome prezzies I've promised myself! B)

After that, I imagine I'll just let the numbers go, but who knows. I do like prezzies.

I like your idea. I may write it in my calendar too. I’m still counting days; the first 21 days took forever. Now, the days are adding up quicker. Can’t wait to hear about the prezzies.
  • islandbeez
    islandbeez Posts: 162 Member
    Good morning all :) Has anybody read The Unexpected Joy of Being Sober by Catherine Gray? It's release date here in the US is sometime in November or December, (somehow I got it in May from Amazon) and it's a delightful read! I follow the author on IG and she just used a quote from me in an article she wrote for Grazia magazine (UK) and I am totally fan girling! LOL I'll try and post a link to the article, she mentions some of the stuff from her book and on IG she said she completely expected the mag to soften her tone, but they let it go just as she had written it. If I weren't already hyper aware and committed to getting alcohol out of my life, an article like this would definitely have me thinking. Hopefully, it helps lots of people.

Not sure if this link will work, I had to make an account to read it..... https://www.pressreader.com/uk/grazia-uk/20180904/283656825712266

• joha5603
    joha5603 Posts: 102 Member
    I don't really count days months or even years much anymore but it has just become the way I live and happily it isn't something I need to hang onto.

I only remember b/c that last one was a doozy (thanks, 25th HS reunion!). I started down this path earlier, but have since had 2 "breaks". I was telling a friend I'd like to be able to say "80ish days minus 2" but I guess it doesn't work that way. :smiley:
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    joha5603 wrote: »

I only remember b/c that last one was a doozy (thanks, 25th HS reunion!). I started down this path earlier, but have since had 2 "breaks". I was telling a friend I'd like to be able to say "80ish days minus 2" but I guess it doesn't work that way. :smiley:

if you aren't in an abstinence only program, it can work that way. if you are, you have been sober since your last drink