Less Alcohol - September 2018 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• forestdweller46
    forestdweller46 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow, all these carefree happy childhoods, in spite of being overweight. I don't envy, but cannot imagine. I grew up way out in the country with no neighbors except my father's parents next door. I was a shy skinny solitary child who was not allowed to leave the yard unless to go to visit with my Grands. That ended when I was 5 and my mother had a falling out with my Grandmother
  • trishahalberstadt
    Options
    My last bit of alcohol was 9/1. I drank entirely way too much. I drank a pint of vodka and 4 shots of tequila. I was of course the only one drinking.
    I want to take a break, hangovers aren't tolerable anymore.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    My last bit of alcohol was 9/1. I drank entirely way too much. I drank a pint of vodka and 4 shots of tequila. I was of course the only one drinking.

@trishahalberstadt You're off to a great start in September!
  • Orphia
    Options
    Back to childhood?

Wow, I've been doing that!

I spent my childhood drawing lots and lots.

I mentioned my burst of creativity that's happened this year, which coincides with quitting drinking.

Now I'm drawing more and more.

I also did gymnastics as a kid. I've been practicing my handstands and splits every day for over 3 months.

This is so cool, guys! Let's play!!

@MadisonMolly2017 also recently has inspired me to play more.
  • Orphia
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    Here is a neat list of 100 things to keep you ocupied

pa0m5efzquqo.jpg

I love this list!!! Quoting it so it's on the next page of the thread.
  • dani1283
    dani1283 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I needed this...
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options

Orphia wrote: »

I love this list!!! Quoting it so it's on the next page of the thread.

😊 happy to help out!

YAY to you on your drawing creativity!

• MissMay
    Options

Taking a break is the perfect phrase. Whether it be one day or several consecutive days of "a break" is your own path. I hope your hangover was not to long lasting. Hugs
  • MissMay
    Options
    dani1283 wrote: »
    I needed this...

🖒big thumbs up for you.
  • MissMay
    Options
    karenesg wrote: »
    Day 2. Thought about not drinking all day. I hope some day I can just have one but know I can't right now.

Just one today is LESS. And that is a huge difference. Several little steps add up to miles.
  • MissMay
    Options
    Wow, all these carefree happy childhoods, in spite of being overweight. I don't envy, but cannot imagine. I grew up way out in the country with no neighbors except my father's parents next door. I was a shy skinny solitary child who was not allowed to leave the yard unless to go to visit with my Grands. That ended when I was 5 and my mother had a falling out with my Grandmother

I think this experiment was to occupy our mind with other thoughts other than booze related. All childhood thoughts are worth remembering. They make us or have made us who we are good, bad, glittery or not. 🤗 big hug