What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    Amazon.

DH ordered me a necklace for Mothers Day. It came in 15" and 18" chains, he bought the 18".... I'm wearing it with a 15" chain from another necklace that I rarely wear.

My kid's got necklaces for Pascha, they came with 13" chains for kids. They really need 10" chains as they are quite low hanging for a child's necklace. I guess because they are younger children and 13" probably fits up to the preteen years. I'm looking to replace the chains.

Anyway, I have found very reasonable chains in whatever length I want on Amazon, but I am looking at "order for child" durability and cost, so you may be looking for something nicer.

Amazon has been driving me mad; I search for 15” chains, or just chains and then select the filter option for length, and then every chain it shows me is 17”.

What gives, Amazon? Do you just hate me personally?!

I have to apparently try Amazon! I have the opposite problem, since I hate with a passion everything that comes too high on my neck. I literally will not wear anything that covers my collarbones, the only exceptions being the hairdresser's robe and my national folk dress, in which I have zero say in the fit. For me, every necklace is too short if the chain even touches my collarbones. Most necklaces come with a chain that's too short for me. Maybe we should just mail our chains to each other lol...

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    I've always had a skinny neck - but then I don't have much on the chest, so if my necklaces hang low, they don't seem indecent! One thing I do is purchase chains with links that are large enough that I can hook the clasp through one of the links if I want the chain to be shorter.

The problem is more that anything with a 17” chain hangs right on the neckline of most of my current dresses, which is just annoying.

The large links thing is a good idea. I might have to take my favourite pendants shopping with me, though, because larger links might have trouble fitting through the bails.

Also, my diamond shoes are too tight :D

You might also see if you can either get some jump rings (for cheaper necklaces) or a larger clasp for the pendant (for a nice one). My necklines vary, so I like being able to change where my pendant hits if I can!
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    hipari wrote: »
    Amazon.

DH ordered me a necklace for Mothers Day. It came in 15" and 18" chains, he bought the 18".... I'm wearing it with a 15" chain from another necklace that I rarely wear.

My kid's got necklaces for Pascha, they came with 13" chains for kids. They really need 10" chains as they are quite low hanging for a child's necklace. I guess because they are younger children and 13" probably fits up to the preteen years. I'm looking to replace the chains.

Anyway, I have found very reasonable chains in whatever length I want on Amazon, but I am looking at "order for child" durability and cost, so you may be looking for something nicer.

Amazon has been driving me mad; I search for 15” chains, or just chains and then select the filter option for length, and then every chain it shows me is 17”.

What gives, Amazon? Do you just hate me personally?!

I have to apparently try Amazon! I have the opposite problem, since I hate with a passion everything that comes too high on my neck. I literally will not wear anything that covers my collarbones, the only exceptions being the hairdresser's robe and my national folk dress, in which I have zero say in the fit. For me, every necklace is too short if the chain even touches my collarbones. Most necklaces come with a chain that's too short for me. Maybe we should just mail our chains to each other lol...

I bought s package of necklace extenders off 9f Amazon. It came with 4 different lengths in bith silver and gold color. They have clasps on both ends amd I have even.used 2 at 1 time to het the right length. It was inexpensive too.
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    That 72 degrees F might feel cool...

Still wayyyy too hot, can't wait for Fall and Winter (excluding February).

I only do one long run on sundays, and even 72 is borderline too hot for me. I'd like to be able to push myself but not end up feeling queasy afterwards.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member

Would love 72 deg here - feeling a bit chilly her in SW of UK :) Though the sun is still out so not too bad 18.15 and it's 62 deg F
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member

Would love 72 deg here - feeling a bit chilly her in SW of UK :) Though the sun is still out so not too bad 18.15 and it's 62 deg F

I much prefer the cold! I am always hot! It has been 90 here for the past week with 80% humidity... ugh
  • attemptx1000000
    attemptx1000000 Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    How good it feels to go down a belt notch.

How awesome it is to look at the promotional pictures at the gym and think "in a few months I could look like that".

How runny your poo gets if you eat loads of veggies :smile:

LOL
  • mazarasltm
    mazarasltm Posts: 205 Member
    Mentally, weight loss really can mess with you!

I was thinking today, that finally after losing a majority of my weight, I feel like this is how I'm "supposed" to look. Like, in a healthy form as to how my features should look, my body shape, etc. Not that I've reached my pinnacle of being or anything... Haha. But, I have always been bigger. I had no idea what I would look like slimmer. So now I just would like my brain to catch up to my current form, as I still kinda feel like an imposter. 😐

Also, everyone always says they are colder after weight loss. IT IS SO TRUE, I CAN NEVER GET WARM. Seriously, I take 2 showers a day so I can feel warm. Now maybe Snuggies aren't so ridiculous. 😂

I wear Old Navy or UnderArmour workout shirts and run tights under everything (not this summer though). They fit snug and keep me warm. Thats what I get for crashing my metabolism. It was worth it. Thank God for 90 degree summer here in NYC... Not looking forward to winter, but Im prepared.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!