Bob Lamb - OMAD 9/6/2015

1606162636466»

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Hard for me to lose unless I do OMAD (20:4 for me) at least 5 to 6-days/week. I can maintain with a slow gain doing 16:8 7-days/week but to truly maintain, I probably need to do 20:4 2-days/week and 16:8 5-days/week.

I did make it tell 5:00 pm today fasted. Fasting to lunch is easy for me. Going to 5 has never been real easy. I remembered my favorite trick and that is a 1/2 tsp of coconut oil as needed to get me through. That worked today. I did that twice and probably only added 100-kcals today (I still had a container at work). Not a true fast but a lot better than what I've been doing. I think the goal is fast tell five again for me and drink lots of water and use the coconut oil as needed.

Good luck all.
  • DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    welcome back
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    You can do it! :) Have a wonderful weekend! :)
  • catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    You have it in the bag !
  • blambo61
    Thanks all!

Fasted tell 5 on Friday. Saturday was splurge day at the lake. Sun and today were fast tell 5 days. Did use a little coconut oil on fast days. Bought new digital scale. Didn't like the old analog one. I cheat on the analog one leaning on one foot and it will read 5-lbs less. I don't know why I do that but I do so now I won't. I also think my old scale was off by about 3-lbs. So my weight this morning with a good scale and not cheating it was 217.4-lbs. That is my new baseline and a lot higher than I was thinking but probably accurate. I will start with that. I should loose a few lbs this week since I'm having a splurge day. My past experience doing that was gain 3lbs on splurge day, lose 4 the rest of the week for a 1-lb week's/loss.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Glad you are back! I am sure you will do well in getting back down. Seems a lot of us have gotten off track - me for sure!
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    Welcome back Bob, and thanks for the motivation and encouragement!
  • jadepearl
    Good luck! You can do this! :)
  • blambo61
    Down to 215.0 yesterday morning. Was lowest for the week. Lost a couple of lbs this week. The coconut oil helps me a lot when I get real hunger feelings and when I get must eat cause I'm stressed feeling. I only had one day of not fasting tell 5 and that was when the boss was visiting and I went to lunch with him. My plan is to fast tell 5 6-days/week and use the coconut oil as needed. One day I ran in the morning and was still able to get to 5 fasted so that was good!
  • catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    Awsome Bob thats really something! Keep posting . Thank you for the encouragement a long this Omad Journey.
  • jadepearl
    That's amazing! Wow! :) Thanks for the tip on the coconut oil..didn't know that :) Have a wonderful Monday :)
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Inspiring! Glad you are doing well!
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Welcome back.

I’m a tinkerer by nature, as well.
  • blambo61
    Well went hunting for 3 days and ate a little on the weekends so haven't done the diet much this last week and ended up about 1-lb for the week. Will get back at it. Didn't get anything hunting (like usual) but had fun. Good luck all.
  • jadepearl
    Hunting? What do you hunt? My Dad loves hunting for wild boars. Have a wonderful weekend☺