Fast food

I love how this app lets me have the foods I love from places like McDonald’s and kfc... even takeaways... and I can still loose weight while doing it.... eating these foods in moderation and watching my calorie intake has helped so much :-)

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Yay!
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Yep - I went out to eat for lunch every day this last week (work is nuts and getting away from the building is what I need) and managed to be at or below my calorie goal 4 of 5 days. Yeehaw!

~Lyssa
  • crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    Love your profile pic! Star Trek is my favorite!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    neotintin wrote: »
    I love how this app lets me have the foods I love from places like McDonald’s and kfc... even takeaways... and I can still loose weight while doing it.... eating these foods in moderation and watching my calorie intake has helped so much :-)

Yea I agree, just don’t over do it because a 300 calorie mcchicken tastes good in th moment but it doesn’t fill you up, therefore you end up eating more food. I have to watch myself on this and realllly ask myself if I want that mcchicken or iced latte :) best of luck to u

I haven't had one in a while, but I did have a BigMac the other day, and I felt stuffed for hours afterward. Maybe next week, I'll have a McChicken, although, I like them better with bacon and tomato. Pretty sure I can expect the same results as I had with the BigMac.

OP, great job figuring out what works for you. I have always felt that you should follow whatever type diet you plan on sticking to once you are finished losing weight. I look at the weight loss phase as preparation for the maintenance phase.
  • goals15000
    goals15000 Posts: 18 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Yea I agree, just don’t over do it because a 300 calorie mcchicken tastes good in th moment but it doesn’t fill you me up, therefore you I end up eating more food. I have to watch myself on this and realllly ask myself if I want that mcchicken or iced latte :) best of luck to u

Fixed it for you.

Satiety is very individualized. A 300 cal McChicken (although not my first choice - I usually go for the McDouble) fills me up perfectly well, and I often split a small fry with my husband for less than 500 calories for the meal.

Theres 470 calories in a mcchicken from McDonald’s not 300.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    goals15000 wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Yea I agree, just don’t over do it because a 300 calorie mcchicken tastes good in th moment but it doesn’t fill you me up, therefore you I end up eating more food. I have to watch myself on this and realllly ask myself if I want that mcchicken or iced latte :) best of luck to u

Fixed it for you.

Satiety is very individualized. A 300 cal McChicken (although not my first choice - I usually go for the McDouble) fills me up perfectly well, and I often split a small fry with my husband for less than 500 calories for the meal.

Theres 470 calories in a mcchicken from McDonald’s not 300.

The person she quoted said 300 calories.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    every week i have a subway rotisserie chicken salad, no pickles, extra onions, vinegar (no oil), and a scoop of avocado. so much, so good, only 250 cals. [the avocado makes a great dressing substitute] {some sandwich artists make a much better salad than others}
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    a wendy's double-stack is cheap, mid-size, and under 300 cal....and tasty
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,526 Member
    McDouble add 3x Red and 3x Slivered Onions

Vanilla cone (in Canada officially 230 Cal; by weight sampling and observation more often between 250 and 300 Cal) is also a good deal as far as I'm concerned.

Wendy's small chili (in Canada officially 180; by weight sampling and observation closer to 210 to 220 not including condiments or crackers) is also a good deal.

Personal opinion, of course :wink:
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Now that McD has all day breakfast I will enjoy an egg mcmuffin with real bacon and no cheese for 270ish occasionally. I haven't eaten much fast food recently but you can't go by me because the summer heat makes me kind of meh about food.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Now I'm really wanting McDonald's. Going to fit in the McDouble mighty kids meal into my calories on Friday!
  • brainybird43
    brainybird43 Posts: 10 Member
    I love the Southwest salad with grilled chicken(no dressing-just drizzle the lime over the salad and it tastes just as good).
    It’s just under 300 calories and I find it filling.
    Also, if you’re on WW, it’s only 4 points.