WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2018

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    Well, we’re back.
    Michele back in NC (boo)

@exermom ... what was the best highlight of your trip? :)

Machka in Oz

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,820 Member
    Good morning all! Happy Monday! I had Trentin with me both Saturday and Sunday (from 7:15am-2:15pm). Saturday he was exhausted from a week of school and issues with his ADD meds. So he pretty much just lay on the couch all day and watched a movie/dozed. I got my house clean during that time and some paperwork done. Sunday her arrived, loud and raring to go. Mom took him off the meds. He was pretty active. Not out of control active; but normal boy active. Tried to get him to focus on some games, etc. that was not working. SO...we headed outside and I put him to work in the yard. Kind of. I gave him my farm wagon and had him picking up sticks. Sticks quickly became nunchucks and ninja swords and he got lost in some imaginary realm in my yard. lol All of the sticks eventually made it to my backyard and into a pile by the firepit. He will be with me today after school until about 7:30. The plan is to have a fire in the firepit and burn all of the collected sticks and some other wood that has been sitting back there for a while. I have marshmallows for him to roast, so here is hoping weather cooperates.
    Pip- Love the pics of you and Kirby! Did he design the front of his jersey? Seems like it was made specifically for him/you! Rolling on the floor over your comment to Rebecca! Naughty! >:)
    Carol-Ah, the Whopper sandwich. Sorry it disagreed with you! I have already spoken of my unhealthy love for the Whopper. It is still my holy grail of foods...I have about one a year.
    Heather- Love that pic of Edie and Bea!
    Rebecca- You are tease! Spill the beans!
    Rori- Ugh! I definitely feel for you with the hubby misplacing things. Mine doesn't have dementia, but his forgetfulness is a direct result of his RA meds. Frustrating, to say the very least; and like you, I am not always kind and patient when this happens! I do pretty well with keeping my mouth shut, but I am sure my body language speaks volumes. Hugs to you!
    Meg- I will be keeping you in my thoughts this week and you figure out what is going on with your dad. Sending warmest of hugs! <3

Well, kiddos will be arriving soon. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    B)
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    <3 c <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    Congrats Pip and Kirby! Well done in spite of the rain and wind. Love Kirby's jerseys.

SueinWA: Hope you get that UTI knocked out of your system quickly.

Beth: Congrats on losing during a stressful month! Good to hear your son is getting better.

KareninVA: You are an amazing grandma. DGS will thrive under your care and instruction.

Meg Prayers going up...deep breaths.

Quiet weekend. DH is driving me nuts with daily misplacing items critical to our everyday life. Yesterday it was the cat's leash. Today it was the remote control. Everyday is a treasure hunt living with him. I hate dementia.....and sometimes I don't always behave with compassion. :trollface:

I haven't done any bonus calorie burning on the recumbent bike in two days, so committing to you all that I'm going to climb on there now.

Stay well friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

Rori Maybe get those tile trackers you can attach to everything so you can quickly locate lost items.

Karen in Virginia
  • Carol - Meant to say it went through Thomaston, not Thomasville. Better road than we went up there on; might have been a tad bit longer - I don't know

Started tracking my food again this morning and will keep trying to do so, keeps me more motivated.

I ate a 'fast food' hamburger and fries and coke not long ago and after 3 years of not doing so, I was sick. I craved it; but, hated it.

Lenora
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    :) I learned ten years ago that beef does not agree with my digestive system. I tried in vain a few more times and now have a great memory of the pain and suffering so nothing could get me to have a hamburger in any form or setting. Pain is a great teacher.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,435 Member
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Good morning all! Happy Monday! I had Trentin with me both Saturday and Sunday (from 7:15am-2:15pm). Saturday he was exhausted from a week of school and issues with his ADD meds. So he pretty much just lay on the couch all day and watched a movie/dozed. I got my house clean during that time and some paperwork done. Sunday her arrived, loud and raring to go. Mom took him off the meds. He was pretty active. Not out of control active; but normal boy active. Tried to get him to focus on some games, etc. that was not working. SO...we headed outside and I put him to work in the yard. Kind of. I gave him my farm wagon and had him picking up sticks. Sticks quickly became nunchucks and ninja swords and he got lost in some imaginary realm in my yard. lol All of the sticks eventually made it to my backyard and into a pile by the firepit. He will be with me today after school until about 7:30. The plan is to have a fire in the firepit and burn all of the collected sticks and some other wood that has been sitting back there for a while. I have marshmallows for him to roast, so here is hoping weather cooperates.
    Pip- Love the pics of you and Kirby! Did he design the front of his jersey? Seems like it was made specifically for him/you! Rolling on the floor over your comment to Rebecca! Naughty! >:)
    Carol-Ah, the Whopper sandwich. Sorry it disagreed with you! I have already spoken of my unhealthy love for the Whopper. It is still my holy grail of foods...I have about one a year.
    Heather- Love that pic of Edie and Bea!
    Rebecca- You are tease! Spill the beans!
    Rori- Ugh! I definitely feel for you with the hubby misplacing things. Mine doesn't have dementia, but his forgetfulness is a direct result of his RA meds. Frustrating, to say the very least; and like you, I am not always kind and patient when this happens! I do pretty well with keeping my mouth shut, but I am sure my body language speaks volumes. Hugs to you!
    Meg- I will be keeping you in my thoughts this week and you figure out what is going on with your dad. Sending warmest of hugs! <3

Well, kiddos will be arriving soon. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

I usually design them. A friend of ours who takes care of the kids while we r doing stuff like this runs a shop that does this stuff and she came up with design, I let her think it up this year, along with the color of the shirt
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    edited September 2018
    Heather~ great pic of Edie and Bea
    Lisa~ my best friend and her husband are in Wilmington,N.C. 5 min from the beach.. they are in the direct line to get hit full force.. texted her last night...they will evacuate if need be they have a elderly lab that would have to go with..and her mother in law...
    DFIL was sleep eating today, I fed him he kept his eyes closed and I spooned the food in lol..
    working 11-5 today ,10-5 tomorrow and 12-6 on weds.. then my usual Saterday 7:30-1 , the Office Manager leaves a week from tomorrow for 2 1/2 weeks another vacation... so I will get a few more hours when she is gone...
    I worry about the future with my job.. but will keep it in the good Lords hands...
    today has been one year for our dear Gloria xoxoxo miss her so
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    <3
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Nono, I am not pregnant!! Bwahaha!
    Rebecca 💗
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    barbara home sweet home is the best feeling! As for my DH helping out, he will put away plates and cups but for some weird reason he puts pots, pans and large utensils on the kitchen island instead of the rightful (and obvious) cupboard :# —-also empties trash but wont put new liner in the trashbin :s love the help but come on!!

Keeping an eye on approaching storm—heed the emergency evacuation warnings and stay safe all you southern coast ladies <3<3<3

NYKAREN