WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2018

Replies

• Janetr - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the ornaments! Keep posting them - full size.

Rebecca - Yeah, 5 weeks along is a touchy time; after Tami miscarried, she said she would not tell anyone that she was pregnant until her 4th month. We were 'so excited' and was the last fertilized egg of the IVF procedure; so they were crushed. I did not know how hard it had hit my son until he called and asked that I not call Tami again; and, I had just gotten off the phone with her. They went out to the lake and stayed out there and turned her phone off. I could have knocked out my other DDnL#1 for suggesting that 'maybe they could adopt'. Not what they wanted to hear at that time. Such a touchy subject; but, I still am of the belief that when a woman miscarries there is a 'reason' and they'll never know why. Whatever is in God's plans for them will come to them 'if' that is what is intended.

Lenora
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,056 Member
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    Congrats Pip and Kirby! Well done in spite of the rain and wind. Love Kirby's jerseys.

SueinWA: Hope you get that UTI knocked out of your system quickly.

Beth: Congrats on losing during a stressful month! Good to hear your son is getting better.

KareninVA: You are an amazing grandma. DGS will thrive under your care and instruction.

Meg Prayers going up...deep breaths.

Quiet weekend. DH is driving me nuts with daily misplacing items critical to our everyday life. Yesterday it was the cat's leash. Today it was the remote control. Everyday is a treasure hunt living with him. I hate dementia.....and sometimes I don't always behave with compassion. :trollface:

I haven't done any bonus calorie burning on the recumbent bike in two days, so committing to you all that I'm going to climb on there now.

Stay well friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

Rori Maybe get those tile trackers you can attach to everything so you can quickly locate lost items.

Karen in Virginia

Karen: I'd never seen these before. Just looked on Amazon...cool! Thanks for the tip.

Today was a great day. DH and I took a drive through Guanella Pass in the mountains to see the fall colors which are popping up here very early this year. Perfect weather. Stopped in the town of Georgetown for lunch, then came home along some other backroads because a bad accident caused closure of the interstate. On my gratitude list today I'm adding that I enjoy driving and have a car that handles curvy mountain roads well.

Welcome to the new ladies. Keep reading along...we are a chatty group, and welcome you jumping right in with what's happening in your world.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,432 Member
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- guess, forgot to start strava, 7.30min, 12amph, 140mhr, 1.5mi= 72c
    apple watch- 64c
    TREADMILL walk, short sprint burst- 50min, 93ahr, 149mhr, 1-1.5incline, 3.4-4sp, 3mi= 229c
    apple watch- 284c
    ride gym 2 dome- 5.25min, 16.4amph, 121mhr, 1.4mi= 45c
    apple watch- 44c
    ride puy 2 sumn station- 15.12min, 12.1amph, 117ahr, 140mhr, 129c
    apple watch- 111c
    walk/slow jog sta 2 wk- 6.09min, 11.42min mi, 119ahr, 142mhr, .5mi= 55c
    apple watch- 51c
    jog wk 2 sumn sta- 4.40min, 151mhr, 122ahr, 10,18min mi, .4mi= 72c
    apple watch- 57c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 17.37min, 8.9amph, 156mhr, 2.6mi= 190c
    apple watch- 150c

total cal 792, took it easy today
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited September 2018
    Rori, that is such a gorgeous drive. My second husband (now deceased) called the lake there in front of George Town and the pass, his fishing hole. We went there a lot. Good memories.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Lenora - Thank you so much!!

Janetr OKC
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Awe hugs my Lisa in El Paso!!!
    I'm the same with my husband, half a person. I don't know what to do, and have to have the radio on 24/7. When I have had to drive home from the hospital and leave him there. We are quite a pair! We even dress the same! Both picking the same color like the loony really old people!! Haahaa!
    Rebecca 💗
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Well here I am again, but it's so late I'm heading to bed. The day just got away from me.

Thanks for all the good wishes...I should clarify it's my father in law who is in Ohio. I'm getting different stories from people, so I'm not quite sure what is going on. One of my brothers in law will be calling me with an update.

I really have enjoyed the pics, especially the ornaments and that grumpy looking cat LOL. She looks like she has just been chastised!

OK ladies, bed time for me. Take care everyone! Meg from Omaha
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    um9pw2ap7sdn.jpg
    So my daughter got another kitten ..they named him Aslan....now if any of you have read the Chronicles of Narnia you will know where the name is from ..up to Hartford tommorow

Aslan (yes, some of my favourite books) is simply wonderful!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Janetr WOW! Those exams are notoriously difficult. Lots and lots of smart people can't pass them. I am impressed. You betcha you're proud of your girl!
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Janet - Congrats to your daughter. You have every right to be proud!! I love your ornament pictures. Keep them coming. Congrats on your continuing weight loss, you’re going to get below your post-surgery low before you know it. If I make it to OKC this fall/winter, I will try to go by the craft mall where your ornaments are.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,637 Member
    Congrats to your daughter and you...how wonderful..
    My best friend like I told you and her husband are at ground zero for where hurricane Florence is supposed to hit...they I am sure will be evacuating today or tomorrow they have family a couple hours away , hopefully that is far enough away..this think is a monster.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    If you remember DJ, who hasn't been with us for a while, she lives near the coast in SC. Hope she'll be ok.

I had a decent day yesterday. Got in my writing and my run. Feeling more lethargic today. :( Will do some bonus cycling and try to write a few words. Will have spicy Asian soup for lunch. I'm getting the odd minor wave of anxiety as we wait to hear about the buyer's mortgage. I ask myself, "Will this help?" The answer is NO. So I switch attention and breathe.

Making chicken curry for dinner in the IP.

Congrats to your daughter, Janet. Sounds like the best qualification for flexibility of working combined with good pay. :D

Been putting things off by doing my nails. B) Must get down to it.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Stay safe and heed the warnings about this hurricane.

Congrats to all the losers! Inspiring to hear of such great progress.

Rori your fall drive looks gorgeous. One of my favorite things to do this time of year. I’ve got a date next week to do such a drive.

Today I will reconnect with a friend that has been estranged, challenging but worth reaching out to see if we can reconnect

NYKAREN
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Yesterday and today were 21C ... warmest days in months!!

Today I decided to go for a run at lunch and enjoy the lovely warm weather. I got running and running, then turned around to run back and ended up doing 6 km. My longest run since January.

However, my legs did start questioning what we were up to along about 4.5 km.

Machka in Oz
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Remembering our friend DJ who lives in Myrtle Beach! Hoping she and hubby and daughter are safe! :)