Post weight loss - tummy tuck/excess skin removal experiences?

13»

Replies

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,780 Member
    Fascinating video. Thanks for sharing. I was impressed how little blood loss there was. Congratulations again.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    VUA21 wrote: »
    Here's my 1 week recovery photo. Also, if anyone is interested my surgery video is on YouTube, I'll post the link as well.

88tgdtkbjk59.jpg

https://youtu.be/C2RZD5pXPLg

I have one drain left in, the bellybutton bandage is now removed. Most of the bruising from surgery is gone. I am still sore, but no pain. Walking around pretty well - even went to the grocery store, did use the cart as a walker a bit, but managed to get around pretty well.

Thank you so much for sharing this. :heart:
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    edited August 2018
    Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us, VUA21! That video was absolutely fascinating!
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    I don't see anything wrong with thinking about it and perhaps talking to a plastic surgeon about options, costs, and recovery periods. At my age, I know that plastic surgery will be in my future. I don't think there is a cut and dried answer about whether you will need it or not, and in the end it will be about how you feel about your body. But I think a consultation with several plastic surgeons will give you insight and answer your questions. I don't know if you are in the U.S., but the magazine "New Beauty" frequently talks about plastic surgery and even has recommendations for plastic surgeons.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Looking so good!
  • eosborne
    eosborne Posts: 7 Member
    I have considered surgery. In my research, you lose collage as you get older that is why older people skin doesn't shrink back as fast as younger people. I would probably give it time to see if it would shrink and do weight training to try to fill in some areas. But its a personal decision. I would definitely get to my goal weight before any surgery.
  • yaryrosa
    yaryrosa Posts: 65 Member
    VUA21 wrote: »
    2 week recovery:
    g6ie2sqnywd6.jpg

Still swollen on my abdomen. I can feel the distention on my belly. Doing pretty good. Still walking around slowly, but getting better every day. All my drains have finally been removed and I no longer need to wear the compression garment from the hospital. I can now wear regular compression garments (Spanx, compression tights/shirts, post surgical wraps) which are much more comfortable for the next 4-6 weeks

Hi - I'd love to see an updated before/after your tummy tuck. I'm scheduled for my surgery in two weeks, and would love to hear an update on how you've been feeling and how the scar looks.
  • yaryrosa
    yaryrosa Posts: 65 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    @yaryrosa VUA21 hasn't been around for a few months :( Hopefully she's off having fun! Here's her thread with lots of post-surgery updates, though:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10687999/tummy-surgery-after-180-pound-weight-loss-warning-some-graphic-pics/p1

Thank you!!!!!
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    @pastelcarly - how is your weight loss journey progressing?
  • eb8566
    eb8566 Posts: 249 Member
    I am so thankful to you all for this discussion. I am 43 and have lost 55lbs with about 15 to go. My arms are my only issue with lose skin. It is terrible but they keep changing and looking different. I am hoping it gets better in time but constantly worried. Your comments in this discussion give me some hope.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    eb8566 wrote: »
    I am so thankful to you all for this discussion. I am 43 and have lost 55lbs with about 15 to go. My arms are my only issue with lose skin. It is terrible but they keep changing and looking different. I am hoping it gets better in time but constantly worried. Your comments in this discussion give me some hope.

Just my two cents worth but give your body a year or two to recover before doing surgery. Although I did the tummny tuck I've noticed my other areas have improved quite a bit over the last two years. I know my stomach would never have been right because of the really bad hanging skin but if yours isn't really bad I would give it some time.