Weigh In Woes

Okay, I've been reading the threads.....eating my calories, not usually going over on calories, getting my exercise, etc.

Weighed in this A.M. and guess what TWO POUNDS GAINED :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, I'm going to do the elliptical :angry:

I'd welcome any words of advice. These last few pounds are very, very stubborn. How does one know when it's not worth striving for the last few pounds? I'm 43 yrs. old, 5'6" and today weigh 127.8 but I'm very small boned.

Replies

• Okay, I've been reading the threads.....eating my calories, not usually going over on calories, getting my exercise, etc.

Weighed in this A.M. and guess what TWO POUNDS GAINED :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, I'm going to do the elliptical :angry:

I'd welcome any words of advice. These last few pounds are very, very stubborn. How does one know when it's not worth striving for the last few pounds? I'm 43 yrs. old, 5'6" and today weigh 127.8 but I'm very small boned.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Run, don't walk to any facility that will help you test your body
    fat. Here's a link to a home version.

http://www.healthcentral.com/cholesterol/home-body-fat-test-2774-143.html

Here's why. I had my goal weight set at 135 (I'm 5'7"). I was dying trying to get there. I was so frustrated, I was ready to just start eating cheetos again, seriously.

Come to discover, I'm only 22% body fat. This is low for a lady in her late 30s. So, I was at a healthy weight already. My doctor said that if I'd gotten to 135 (138 now) he would consider me underweight, based on my frame size (large in my case) and body fat percentage (not just an old insurance height/weight chart).

My new goal is to get to 20% while maintaining my current size.

And those two pounds could be anything. A "system backup" a couple extra glasses of water, too much sodium last week, inflammation. Anything. I know that doesn't help when the numbers aren't where you want them to be, but just know that.

:flowerforyou:
  • And those two pounds could be anything. A "system backup" a couple extra glasses of water, too much sodium last week, inflammation. Anything. I know that doesn't help when the numbers aren't where you want them to be, but just know that.

:flowerforyou:

LOL!!! The term "system backup" is too funny! I'm still laughing as I type this even. :laugh:
    Okay, all valid points. I will check out the website you mentioned and proceed forward. Thanks so much for the reply.

Still laughing :laugh: