Calories with Keto

When using myfitnesspal and setting up your goals and current weight, etc. It typically gives you a goal for calories, which for me was 1200 based on a balanced diet. Moving to Keto, what should my calorie goals be, or do I concern myself with this?

Replies

• CNG24
    CNG24 Posts: 432 Member
    I stick with a calorie deficit. Others will say different. Really depends on the person and what you're trying to acheive.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Weight loss is only going to happen in a calorie deficit. Keto is awesome, a lot of people have a suppressed appetite on it, or a reduction in inflammation, etc. However, for weight loss it still comes down to eating less than you are burning in calories.
  • SupaWmn76
    SupaWmn76 Posts: 2 Member
    I fast with keto but keep my cals at 1250 - change your protein, carb & fat goals!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    I don't count calories but would find it interesting to know if you find a difference in hunger or if it is easier or more difficult to stay in the same calorie window. I am with the keep calories the same to see what happens.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,886 Member
    Unless a woman is very very short AND sedentary, she can eat more than 1200 calories.

https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/1200-calorie-diet/

Also:

h27zjawgvyoy.jpg