Veggies

Hello, some days I'm just not in the mood to eat raw or cooked veggies they aren't my most favorite but I do eat plenty of them for the benefits but on the days I'm not in the mood to eat them I drink them in the form of a plant base protein powder and I add spinach, arugula and some berries with 4 oz almond milk and water. Is it ok to get your veggies in this way sometimes?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    It is okay nutritionally, but it sounds disgusting (to me). Vegetables aren't usually eaten separately, but as part of a dish/meal. Have you really tried every vegetable, prepared in every way?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Vegetables are vegetables, even if you puree them. What do you think wouldn't be okay about that?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,031 Member
    As long as you don't fall for those "all your daily veggie servings in just one pill" or "all your veggie servings in a scoop of powder" thing, you're fine. It's not that those things (the pills and powders) are bad for you, it's that they're (typically) expensive, and not nearly as good for you as actual vegetables. Blenderizing your veggies into a drink, or putting them in soups or casseroles where you find them easier to eat, that's all just ways to get your real veggies.
  • karen_hunter11
    karen_hunter11 Posts: 20 Member
    Thanks for your feedback. I was just double checking since I drink those drinks 2-3 times a week. I'm not interested in trying all the different veggies out there so I stick to the ones I can tolerate. @Kommodevaran, if I wasn't familiar with that drink I would think it sounded disgusting as well but I for one can't drink anything disgusting so I make sure it's tasty. I forgot to mention I add 1/2 banana as well so between the banana and the sweet berries it takes away any bitter taste from the veggies and the arugula gives it a wonderful flavor. I really enjoy it and it's good way for me to get a good serving of veggies in on those days I don't feel like eating veggies the regular way. But I do eat plenty of the dark green veggies raw or cooked most of the time.
  • litoria
    litoria Posts: 239 Member
    I have a green smoothie every morning, I love it and I think it's delicious. It has 4 serves of veg: 2x kale, cucumber, celery and banana, large mandarin and protein powder. It's a great way to get some more veg into one's diet