What is your "Petty" Reason to Lose Weight?

Replies

• nicholeunt
    nicholeunt Posts: 25 Member
    First: to show up to Christmas, looking better than ever around family members. These siblings pretty much miss the whole year of me and my Childrens lives. The busy schedules are nothing more than crap, since we live within 20min of one another.

Second: to be capable of throwing out spanx... is that even real???🤷🏻‍♀️ after having my youngest, I’ll be shocked if that happens.

Third: to get to into tip top shape, so the next time I share how I’m doing it and someone suggests XYZ, I can share I’m pretty sure what I’ve done, has worked.

Haha my first reason is my wedding but I also am so excited for the holidays to show off my weight loss 🤣 I have 5 beautiful sisters who are all thinner than me. My mom is also thin and gorgeous. I am also the tallest so in pictures I always look huge compared to them. I have calculated how much I can weigh by Thanksgiving and Christmas lol. Petty I know but I can't wait to show off my weight loss!
  • scribblemoma
    scribblemoma Posts: 115 Member
    Cora0477 wrote: »
    I’m so sorry to hear that’s been your experience. Though I’m well versed in the art of dodging the music, I’d never heard those names for spouses and never heard of the spouse bashing. My husband has been in for 17 years now, and besides a few petty squabbles by different personalities, I’ve never seen or experienced anything but support from other military spouses. We’ve been stationed at 9 different places and each has been so very different, but always had at least a few wonderful people to get to know. I’m so sorry for what you’ve been through!

*I would add being invited to multilevel marketing parties as a constant though :)

Oh man I’m glad you never ran into it! You should glimpse at the FB page “Dear Dependa ii” to get a look at the general attitude toward military spouses presently. It’s downright hostile!

And oh man...those MLM parties! It’s a never ending cascade of folks trying to sell me stuff haha!

• Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Well, I like to stay consistent, but venture to achieve that extra 5% every so often (lose only about 5 lbs) to tell my self I can still bring my "A" game physique despite not being in my prime youth anymore (blaming things on age is a poor excuse for lack of results). Also a very good lesson for my parents & siblings (play the genetics card...><).
  • ngk2000
    ngk2000 Posts: 192 Member
    I look huge when i take my shirt off

I look huge no matter what I'm wearing...or not wearing!