Weight loss :(

I’m 20 , 5’3 and currently 96lbs. I can’t keep in weight especially in stressful times. I’m trying to get my weight back up but nothings helping:( any advice ?

Replies

• jflongo
    jflongo Posts: 289 Member
    I’m 20 , 5’3 and currently 96lbs. I can’t keep in weight especially in stressful times. I’m trying to get my weight back up but nothings helping:( any advice ?

Have you plugged in all your data into MFP? Have you put in your settings that you want to gain weight, maybe 0.5 0.5 lbs or 1lb per week?

Are you tracking your food with a scale to make sure you are eating enough?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited September 2018
    You can read: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

This thread has foods, strategies and recipes to help.
  • GreatApe2017
    GreatApe2017 Posts: 15 Member
    Yes....eat MORE.

Problem is some people's inbuilt calories counters don't allow them to easily eat more continuously and consistently. So just saying eat more is no better than staying eat less to a fat guy and expecting it to work

What this person needs to do is actually record their calories and each day eat more than their break even calories.

So my adviy to you Sabrina is buy a food scale and measure everything and make sure you are consuming the correct number of calories.

Perhaps start off with 2500 calories a day and see what your weight has done over a two week and adjust the calories intake according.

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Yes....eat MORE.

Problem is some people's inbuilt calories counters don't allow them to easily eat more continuously and consistently. So just saying eat more is no better than staying eat less to a fat guy and expecting it to work

What this person needs to do is actually record their calories and each day eat more than their break even calories.

So my adviy to you Sabrina is buy a food scale and measure everything and make sure you are consuming the correct number of calories.

Perhaps start off with 2500 calories a day and see what your weight has done over a two week and adjust the calories intake according.

That is why i created that threads. There are a lot of things that add calories without adding volume. Your body doesn't so much recognize calorie intake as it does with volume and the impact of macronutrients. Swaping lean meats with fatty meats, marinading foods, adding cheese, drinking calories, oils, etc..
  • sniper300_Rum
    sniper300_Rum Posts: 1,073 Member
    Im 6’ tall and i use to weight 288lbs and ive lost down to 253lbs with proper diet and exercise but my problem is i cant break the 250lb mark no matter what i do and its been like 3 months ill weigh one day and itll say 253lbs the next day itll say 257lbs i dont know what else to do
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Im 6’ tall and i use to weight 288lbs and ive lost down to 253lbs with proper diet and exercise but my problem is i cant break the 250lb mark no matter what i do and its been like 3 months ill weigh one day and itll say 253lbs the next day itll say 257lbs i dont know what else to do

you'd be better to start your own thread
  • sniper300_Rum
    sniper300_Rum Posts: 1,073 Member
    I dont know how thats why i posted here
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    edited September 2018
    In whatever forum you want to add the post, there is a green button to the left of the page and above the blue title bar with "discussion/started by/replies/most recent reply" in it labelled "create". Click on that to start a new thread :) It's kind of hiding but once you find you'll be all how could I not have seen that??