What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    spaghetti in w tomato marinara and meatballs. w French bread./
  • jjftb
    jjftb Posts: 5 Member
    Vietnamese beef meatballs and cilantro lime rice.
    97ok2ez4cotu.jpeg
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Mexican egg scramble with a spinach and blueberry salad
  • slappy01uk
    slappy01uk Posts: 12 Member
    edited September 2018
    I have an allotment garden and I have suddenly had a glut of ripe tomatoes.
    So I have been looking for ideas to use up all these tomotoes I have and I cam across this.

https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/minestrone-soup/

Since I have plenty of leeks , onions, garlic and beans that I have grown so the shopping list was massivly reduced and I have a pot of soup on the stove for tonight and several portions for the freezer.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    OP fried the fish with Southern Style breading with baked potatoes. I made the salad.

tr2cmpnpasrl.jpg
  • karri144
    karri144 Posts: 16 Member
    Tonights menu was baked breaded center cut pork chops, baked potato with sour cream and butter, green beans, peas, and just a couple bites of mac and cheese. Im afraid I scarfed it before a photo op. :#
  • lbryans929
    lbryans929 Posts: 42 Member
    Soup: onions, carrots, cabbage, 2 tsp oil, 10 oz Hillshire farms turkey smoked sausage, Better than bullion (beef), potatoes, 8 c water, 2 tbs vinegar. So yummy! Makes 10.5 c. About 160 cal per cup.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    The Moroccan chicken with preserved lemon recipe from the Modern Jewish Cooking cookbook. I halved the recipe, took the skin off of the chicken (I really don't enjoy chicken skin when it has been braised), but used the full amount of preserved lemon and garlic.
  • 777Gemma888
    aokoye wrote: »
    The Moroccan chicken with preserved lemon recipe from the Modern Jewish Cooking cookbook. I halved the recipe, took the skin off of the chicken (I really don't enjoy chicken skin when it has been braised), but used the full amount of preserved lemon and garlic.

I have actually made that recipe @preserved lemon. It's so good with chicken. I usually add Israeli unpitted olives too. Yum!

I'm jealous.
  • aokoye

I have actually made that recipe @preserved lemon. It's so good with chicken. I usually add Israeli unpitted olives too. Yum!

I'm jealous.

I quite liked how hands off it was as well! I ended up using olives that had been marinated with garlic (among other things). I have two meals worth of leftovers and I think it would be really good with couscous. But yeah, preserved lemons are amazing. I think I might try to make preserved lemons next week if I can find some (very early) meyer lemons.

The brisket recipe in that cookbook is also really good.
  • 777Gemma888

I'm jealous.

I quite liked how hands off it was as well! I ended up using olives that had been marinated with garlic (among other things). I have two meals worth of leftovers and I think it would be really good with couscous. But yeah, preserved lemons are amazing. I think I might try to make preserved lemons next week if I can find some (very early) meyer lemons.

Did you use some of the liquid in your couscous? Omg! I have actually made the brisket too. Super good. Sighs.
  • aokoye

I'm jealous.

Did you use some of the liquid in your couscous? Omg! I have actually made the brisket too. Super good. Sighs.
    I didn't know - I didn't end up making couscous today but I probably will tomorrow. I also cooked down the liquid enough that there's no way I'd be able to really use it for couscous.
  • jamesjeffsmith
    jamesjeffsmith Posts: 34 Member
    3.4 oz tri tip steak pan cooked with olive oil, steamed broccoli with cauliflower butternut squash pasta with chipotle garlic salsa
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    I'm the weekend and company cook. Friends coming round for dinner on Saturday. Classic caesar. Roast potatoes and roast beef with garlic sauteed spinach and bearnaise. Clafoutis with strawberries or blue berries if still in season, or pears otherwise.

Going to try out a novel technique for the bearnaise.
    https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/04/foolproof-bearnaise-sauce-recipe.html
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Crock pot chicken breasts with taco seasoning and a jar of salsa, shredded and served in corn tortillas with sour cream and shredded cheese. Bananas and blueberries for dessert
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited September 2018
    Last night I had savory oatmeal. oatmeal cooked in water, 2 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, fried potatoes, avocado, and salsa. Yumm!!!! So filling too.
  • aokoye
    Thai curry with boneless skinless chicken breast (a little over cooked - this is why I use thighs...), bell pepper, and delicata squash.
  • 777Gemma888
    Dinner tonight was a team effort. We'd marinated the pork ribs and chicken wings and left it for the menfolk to grill up because we weren't going to be doing that in 109°F. Potatoes and broccoli on the grill with aromatics. Southern beans meets Oregon flavours - they basically took the Southern sausage spicy beans we'd started and turned it into Oregon bean ... Kinda like a pimped up truck. Creamy shrimp. Got distracted with football and took our eyes off for a second - a tad over done.homemafe Mac n cheese. We also made Rotel cheesy turkey nachos dip, but that all finished before we had returned from our PM run so I couldn't get a pic.

ito9xxz5kgea.jpg

** All was pre-prepped and ready to monitor over the grill or gas stove by our friends who preferred to drink and watch football, rather than join us for our run. :laugh: