The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• Bill_Keto
    Bill_Keto Posts: 108 Member
    Back on Midnights 00:00-12:00 it was nice having a different schedule for training and travel. Oh well back to the crazies of the night shift.
  • mazurkiepolish
    mazurkiepolish Posts: 363 Member
    The one thing I hate about night shifts is my sleep schedule is all out of wack. I wish I was able to wake up at like 8 am and go to bed at 8-9 lol
  • Bill_Keto
    Bill_Keto Posts: 108 Member
    its not the shift that messes with my sleep it is switching shifts and days off that mess with mine. I usually stay up for 22+ hours on my last shift. to try to wake up with the family.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,166 Member
    Hey! I want a restaurant that's open to 5 AM. My town rolls up the sidewalks at 11 PM.
  • mazurkiepolish
    Hey! I want a restaurant that's open to 5 AM. My town rolls up the sidewalks at 11 PM.

Well you’re living in the wrong town 🤣 come where I live. My city never sleeps
  • mazurkiepolish

I creeped your profile to see where you were and looked it up. Looks peaceful. And beautiful.
  • sufferlandrian
    It's gorgeous here! I could leave here for the Washington coast but that's about it. I love four seasons. I love this time of year when it's crisp in the morning as I leave work but warm when the kids get home from school. I love winters when you look outside and the snow is falling. You leave work and the world is covered in white like it's been renewed. I love summers where the breeze is cool but the grass is warm and soft. I love springtime when the rain gives you a chill but the sun makes rainbows so bright you can almost touch the colors. I love going to Glacier park and biking up Going to the Sun road or taking the kids to Flathead Lake where it almost looks like the ocean it's so large. It really is an amazing place to live.
  • terrordawg
    terrordawg Posts: 19,462 Member
    Hey all! No night shift for me! I just can't sleep and thought I'd say HEY! 👋😊 lol
  • sufferlandrian
    Hi Theresa! Sorry you can't sleep. Good to see you here.
  • terrordawg
    Haha thanks for having me! 😊
  • waytoofat3
    waytoofat3 Posts: 278 Member
    I haven't worked nightshift for 7yrs but I worked it for so long that it's messed my sleep for good. I stay up until 4am most nights.
  • sufferlandrian
    I've been at this for 20 years now. I've gotten to where no matter how much sleep I get, I really start to fall asleep around 1 PM. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Well, looks like I'll be off nights for a while starting next week. I got promoted to a patrol position. But, knowing me, I'll be back on nights sooner or later.
  • sufferlandrian
    Well congratulations on the promotion but we will miss you around here.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Oh you know I'll sticking my nose in here, lol!
  • mazurkiepolish
    Just got off work and I am hangry and so 💤
  • terrordawg
    Can't sleep again... 😡
    Hi guys
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Good morning everyone! Bunch of new posters here! Welcome! We have upped our circuit of patrols since a whackload of craziness happened (ATM kiosks set with explosives, cars set on fire at the 7-11, etc :o:s ) so I haven't had a break moment to lurk about online during patrol; I'm lucky if I get to take a pee these days. Jenn, time to get yourself 'demoted' to nights again. ;)
    Almost time to pull out the longjohns, it was 2C a couple of (5 AM) mornings ago, but nice and sunny 19C during the day. Autumn is my fave time of the year, the maples and aspens and birches are so gorgeous. We went for a little hot springs break in the Kootenays - a nice little couples getaway even though the weather wasn't the best. Did a bit of hiking on the better days, and soaked in the hot spring caves on the rainy cooler days, lounged about, ate amazing food (gained a couple pounds :/ ) Now we are both back to work, then heading to Cirque de Soleil in mid Oct, and Isla Mujeres late Nov/early Dec. The planning for these things is what keeps me running I think.
    s00tj7ksq6x8.jpg
    44sce9ovp2qk.jpg
    ttsjnd37ydv1.jpg
    Stumbled across a bikepark in the middle of nowhere.... this one's for @sufferlandrian.
    xhxcbp5du9rp.jpg

• sufferlandrian
    @canadjineh - I can't believe that is happening! Canada is the kind of place you can leave your car unlocked and your stuff will be there when you get back. What's happening there?
  • sufferlandrian
    Another night, another out of control dog.