Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

My Own YMCA Blog Post on IF that seems to be more Woo than Science

tbright1965
tbright1965 Posts: 852 Member
https://www.gwrymca.org/blogs/how-and-why-behind-intermittent-fasting

Doesn't seem to add up, but not sure I can recall / rebut the parts that don't seem right.

So I'll put it here and let the community tear up the bad science the confirm the good.

And explain why?

Thanks in Advance!

Replies

• tbright1965
    Nobody?

I thought someone would have a comment on this blog post on my local YMCA FB page....
  • tbright1965
    It's just so densely filled with stupid, that it's hard to comment, and it's so stupid that I don't think it's worth it. Some of the text has merit, but it's taken out of context, exaggerated, they are mixing causality and correlation.

You put into words what this engineer couldn't.

I couldn't quite come up with the words to describe the impression left on me. Truth and stupid so intertwined that it's largely useless text.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    my last comment i wrote on a horrible product i got asked to review....i would provide more coherant thought - but all cognizance left my brain with the idiocy of what was provided...
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,729 Member
    Looks like the author didn't bother to take undergraduate biochemistry...