Things people do that annoys you in the gym.

Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    BlackJackG wrote: »
    DasItMan91 wrote: »
    Anyone who wants to sit or work out next to someone and there are empty seats or treadmills and other machines out there, he or she is probably interested in you.

Nope.

Yes, why else would they wanna sit next to you if they are other empty machines available. Try to give me a good reason why not.....

Because THAT treadmill is wonky. Because THIS one is right underneath a fan, and it's AWESOME. Because THAT bench is right next to the window, and the blazing sun is going to cook me during my sets. Because I *always* use this particular one, and I enjoy my routine. Because I have specific, sports related reasons for EVERYTHING I do at the gym.

THIS!!! exactly. Unless you're on my preferred machine/bench/rack/spot on the floor for stretching/calisthenics , I'm entirely unaware and uninterested in your presence near me.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    edited July 2017
    Anyone who wants to sit or work out next to someone and there are empty seats or treadmills and other machines out there, he or she is probably interested in you.

Nope.

Yes, why else would they wanna sit next to you if they are other empty machines available. Try to give me a good reason why not.....

Because THAT treadmill is wonky. Because THIS one is right underneath a fan, and it's AWESOME. Because THAT bench is right next to the window, and the blazing sun is going to cook me during my sets. Because I *always* use this particular one, and I enjoy my routine. Because I have specific, sports related reasons for EVERYTHING I do at the gym.

THIS!!! exactly. Unless you're on my preferred machine/bench/rack/spot on the floor for stretching/calisthenics , I'm entirely unaware and uninterested in your presence near me.

What kind of world does someone have to live in to think that the ONLY reason someone is near them is because they're interested? That's just such a weird view point to me.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member

Nope.

my favorite machine at our gym is the air conditioner...
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Heavy breathers in the sauna room... Ugh, we get it you worked out hard. Whadda ya want a pat on the back? Do I need to open a fresh can of Kudos & Atta boys for you? Say "20 nice lifts" while shuffling a rosary.
    Of course we notice you, you're intentionally inhaling & exhaling louder than a shop vac for 10 *kitten* minutes...
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    edited July 2017
    Just make yourself at f*ucking home

hbb2az1pp1zs.jpg
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    There was this guy yesterday that had a bag hanging on the bicep curl machine. He used the machine once, left his bag there, and moved on to other machines. Meanwhile I'm working my way around all the machines, but had to skip the bicep curl because not only was his bag there, that is where he decided to "rest." Dude pissed me off!!!
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    Just make yourself at f*ucking home

hbb2az1pp1zs.jpg

We have a UNISEX shower facility at work (single shower, simple towel rack and a sink) and there is a dude that would do that daily. He eventually had a mountain of sweaty laundry on the floor. What is wrong with people?
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    kaizaku wrote: »
    dym1 wrote: »
    firef1y72 wrote: »
    3. I guess this leads from number 2, but when someone that doesn't know me comes in the gym and assumes that the short older woman isn't that serious about her lifting and doesn't need the heavier dumbbells/ squat rack/ cable machine just because she takes a break halfway through and takes a zumba class.

I get something similar, someone who doesn't know me (and most know me at my gym) sees me lifting what they deem as heavy, comes over and "congratulates" me for lifting heavy and I'm like, "dude, that's my warm up, now go away"

I seen something similar. A guy was training whilst a random guy jus stood very close watching. Then he congratulates him. Straight away you can tell he's a newbie.

I said 'congrats' to a guy yesterday at our gym. He actually found a parking spot on a Saturday morning; quite the achievement.

I also gave a fist pump to a kid whom I was spotting. bench press,one rep @ 300 lb., he told me he had been working towards it for 6 months. That was worthy of a single fist bump.

:lol:
  • kaizaku
    People walking past swinging their sweaty towel almost touching you.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    People chatting you up. "Did I make eye contact? Leave me alone?". They even try to have a conversation between laps ... If I'm adjusting my swim cap or goggles, that is not an invitation to say something to me.
  • LiveInLeggings
    LiveInLeggings Posts: 222 Member
    Doing anything EXCEPT squats in the squat rack! (exception - empty gym)
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    People trying to strike up a full conversation. I don't mind a hello but that's it.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    When the front desk clerks don't greet me. C'mon man, it's 5:25am... I could use some acknowledgement. Now I just put my headphones on before I walk in to avoid the hurt. :disappointed:
  • kaizaku
    People chatting you up. "Did I make eye contact? Leave me alone?". They even try to have a conversation between laps ... If I'm adjusting my swim cap or goggles, that is not an invitation to say something to me.

Men are animals, no cage can contain them.. Lol
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    edited September 2018
    The steroid muscle heads that take every dumbbell in the stack into a corner and stand guard over them until their done then drop them and just walk away from the pile.
  • Gaygirl2120
    Gaygirl2120 Posts: 541 Member
    1. People who take a workout bench to put their stuff on. Really?!
    2. Leaving locks on lockers 24/7 as if you own it.
    3. Listening to music out loud on their phones.
    4. Hogging 2-3 machines at once & getting annoyed when someone tries to use one.
    5. Not reracking weights.
    6. Getting on the treadmill right next to me when there are 20 more available.
    7. Talking to me other than a quick Good morning.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited September 2018
    They tell me to put my beer down and workout..... basturds.