Jardiance, Anyone?

Luizam25
Luizam25 Posts: 87 Member
Hi there,

My doctor recently prescibed this medication for me. I have been on Victoza for almost two years and it did not help me. My past year was terrible for me with blood sugar out of control.
Please le me know if you have info about this particular medication.
Much appreciated,
Luiza

Replies

• sparky00721
    sparky00721 Posts: 113 Member
    I was prescribed Jardiance three months ago, when metformin alone did not move my A1C (at that time, 9.0) downwards. My A1C last week was down to 6.6 on Jardiance together with metformin. I don't know to what degree if any the A1C drop should be attributed to the Jardiance, as I also significantly improved my diet, began exercising and lost 19 pounds. It apparently is quite a pricey drug, at least in Canada, no idea about elsewhere.

For whatever it may be worth, I did not notice any adverse side effects from the Jardiance.
  • Luizam25
    Thanks a lot. I am also trying to keep my diet under control/keto and I stopped Victoza/did not start Jiardiance...
    I am upset to see the progression of diabetes. It's much more difficult now to keep my sugar under control that it was 5 years ago...
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,572 Member
    Luizam25 wrote: »
    Thanks a lot. I am also trying to keep my diet under control/keto and I stopped Victoza/did not start Jiardiance...
    I am upset to see the progression of diabetes. It's much more difficult now to keep my sugar under control that it was 5 years ago...

Has keto helped the glucose numbers? With me, it was fast and dramatic. It has only been two years since I was diagnosed, but I had an A1C of 12.8 at diagnosis. I was on metformin and my numbers looked horrible until I tried 50 carbs a day as an experiment. I started getting readings under 200. I dropped carbs to 20, and suddenly with the metformin, I had pretty normal readings.

I got my A1C low enough that my doctor took me off metformin, and my last A1C after being off metformin for 6 months was 5.6. Fasting glucose at the lab was 95.

Things may progess, and I may find myself on metformin again, but my meter is predicting a 5.4 right now. Keto has been very good for me and my T2D.

FWIW, I am a reasonably active guy - 8000 steps most days and 12000 on Sundays. I don't go out and do exercise, so I could add that if the numbers start creeping up.
  • Luizam25
    WOW...your results are great! Congratulation, it looks like you reversed your T2.
    I follow KETO but I was not able to do it very hard core. I find it difficult to have so much fat but it works for the most part. Generally, keto helps with my glucose numbers but I am afraid the doctor will put me back on Victoza because the readings are not great even when I follow low carb. The morning is terrible...readings above 7.
    I should do more steps...I am usually at 5000 but I should do more.
    Thanks for sharing and good luck.