Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Beka3695 wrote: »

The one in my neighborhood is white. Pods are seeds the size of pine cones. Let me see if my master gardener friend knowswhere I can get pink or purple. I swear there is one at Rotherwood that blooms purple, but I don't know how Dr. Thibault feels about letting me get a pod. (My old family home is haunted and Dr. Thibault has had some really rude people try to ghost hunt.)

[/quote]

I have a ghost in my house and get an occasional stray passer by. George, the resident ghost, is not an issue. However, the others make me a little nervous. I had one that stayed about 3 weeks would unscrew my light bulbs. My husband was working out of state and daughter was at her dads.... I was the only one at home. I asked George to see that they moved on. I asked him on a Friday (as I tightened all the bulbs again) then went out of town for the weekend. Not a loose bulb since.

My point is - having ghosts around can be kinda freaky. I am not sure why ANYONE would go looking for them. I happen to be lucky to have a nice one!!!![/quote]

That's cool, actually. One of the ones at Rotherwood is my 5 or 6 greats grandfather. He passed shortly after the end of the US Civil War. He is not nice, but mostly doesn't bother Dr. Thibault's family. One of them is his youngest daughter whose great love died in the war and she killed herself. People want to see her walking by the river. Just let her be, I say.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I made a frozen pizza last night because I was too lazy to cook and I was too lazy to go anywhere for food. I ended up eating half of it. I really miss my husband being home during the week.

This is why I eat out or heat up cans of soup. Who can be bothered to cook for 1?
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    I finished my nine days in a row yesterday! I barely survived. I had a headache the last few days of my stretch, my knee hurts from I assume pushing carts or cashiering more than I usually do (could be from standing in one place for longer stretches of time), & I started noticing eye floaters. On Saturday the eye floater looked like a little fly, on Sunday or Monday I noticed what looked like a stringy web, & on Wednesday driving in it looked like a curtain to an extent/a lot of little gnats at times.

I'm not sure if I got the eye floaters from being stressed at work & not having a lot of help a few days, pushing carts, not eating a lot due to not being hungry, or simply from getting older. I went to an ophthalmologist this afternoon & they dilated my eyes (first time having that done & it's trippy once it's over & kind of annoying to look into the light) & he noticed the floaters in my eyes, but luckily no retinal tears. I have to go back in six weeks to have a checkup.

Tomorrow I'm going to Walmart for an eye glasses appointment to get new glasses as well (haven't done one for like 4-5 years).

I have floaters in my eye as well. My ophthalmologist said I have a 'pit' in the back of my left eye that caused it. He always remarked how cool he thought it was.
  • crosbylee
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Question: If I voted in the last election (my first time no judgment) am I automatically registered for this Nov?

We get our voter registration card that tells us when our registration expires. I usually get a new one around the next election cycle. Noticed that they are good for one year. You can go to one of the websites and check if you are registered. I did just to make sure.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    I finished my nine days in a row yesterday! I barely survived. I had a headache the last few days of my stretch, my knee hurts from I assume pushing carts or cashiering more than I usually do (could be from standing in one place for longer stretches of time), & I started noticing eye floaters. On Saturday the eye floater looked like a little fly, on Sunday or Monday I noticed what looked like a stringy web, & on Wednesday driving in it looked like a curtain to an extent/a lot of little gnats at times.

I'm not sure if I got the eye floaters from being stressed at work & not having a lot of help a few days, pushing carts, not eating a lot due to not being hungry, or simply from getting older. I went to an ophthalmologist this afternoon & they dilated my eyes (first time having that done & it's trippy once it's over & kind of annoying to look into the light) & he noticed the floaters in my eyes, but luckily no retinal tears. I have to go back in six weeks to have a checkup.

Tomorrow I'm going to Walmart for an eye glasses appointment to get new glasses as well (haven't done one for like 4-5 years).

I hope it turns out to be nothing! Glad you went and got it checked right away though, some people wait too long an end up in trouble that way!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Question: If I voted in the last election (my first time no judgment) am I automatically registered for this Nov?

We get our voter registration card that tells us when our registration expires. I usually get a new one around the next election cycle. Noticed that they are good for one year. You can go to one of the websites and check if you are registered. I did just to make sure.

I did go online. It looks like I am registered.
    Thanks!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    I recently purchased a few pairs of Myprotein leggings. I got a killer deal and just couldn't resist. 2 hoodies and 2 pairs of leggings for $67! Yes, please and thank you!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Sorry, Mel! I've had a headache (along with stuffy nose and sore throat) for a few days too. :(
    Hope you feel better soon!
  • crosbylee
    Sounds like that time of year, with school starting, change of seasons, the bugs start spreading.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Sounds like that time of year, with school starting, change of seasons, the bugs start spreading.

Yep. One of my coworkers brought it in on Monday. Must carry on wit out tylenol for the next 2 weeks. My LFT tests were slightly elevated and my potassium was low at my physical last Thursday. I have to go for repeat testing before I can take anything OTC for my headache.
  • crosbylee
    I hope your liver tests come back ok! I have more tests in two months to check my levels again.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    I hope your liver tests come back ok! I have more tests in two months to check my levels again.

It's a pest to go for labs. Mostly because I want cream in my coffee. :wink:
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member

Yup. I got it right after going into the school last Wednesday to meet up with P for a walking event they had.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited September 2018
    Confession: Karma is a you-know-what. And the landmine layers went after my friend Missi yesterday. She had on Keds and got sent home for wearing athletic shoes because someone pointed them out. Okay, but if her Keds are athlete the same can be said for chacos, which I can hike for miles in. And I know that watching Netflix at your desk is againothe rules. They probably started a war with the wrong people. I'm confessing here because they will never know where it came from.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Confession: Karma is a you-know-what. And the landmine layers went after my friend Missi yesterday. She had on Keds and got sent home for wearing athletic shoes because someone pointed them out. Okay, but if her Keds are athlete the same can be said for chacos, which I can hike for miles in. And I know that watching Netflix at your desk is againothe rules. They probably started a war with the wrong people. I'm confessing here because they will never know where it came from.

What a bunch of *kittens*. It'll bite them in the butt, for sure.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    edited September 2018
    We have been watching Law and Order SVU a lot recently, and every time I think of you @quiksylver296 I picture Olivia. :lol:

That's my confession for the day :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    We have been watching Law and Order SVU a lot recently, and every time I think of you @quiksylver296 I picture Olivia. :lol:

I had to look her up. I'll take that!

h12kfa8knncg.jpg
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

I had to look her up. I'll take that!

h12kfa8knncg.jpg

Fun fact. Did you know that Mariska Hargitay is Jayne Mansfield daughter? That would explain part of the reason she's so darn pretty and just keeps getting prettier the older she gets. I love when women in Hollywood look like women and not plasticized versions of themselves.