How many calories I used to eat!

mattaturtle
mattaturtle Posts: 17 Member
edited September 2018 in Food and Nutrition
I’ve been back on MFP for a few months now and I’m doing really well. It’s amazing how much better my food choices are when I log all my meals. My daily calorie intake now is around 1500-1700 a day, sometimes much less. And being on The Keto Diet my Carb count is usually around 20-30 grams per day. Recently I decided to log in a “normal” day the way I used to eat. When I didn’t log meals and didn’t care about food choices, calories or carbs. I was astounded! My calories on a normal day were around 5500! And my carb intake was around 500! No wonder I’ve been steadily gaining weight for years. My daily food was usually something like homemade heaping breakfast tacos, Lunch was usually a Whataburger burger and fries with soda AND shake, and dinner was usually Mexican food like enchiladas with beans and rice and tortillas not to mention desert and plenty of snacks like Oatmeal pies or other like that. I wonder how logging your meals has affected YOUR food choices? Thankfully with this MFP app and the very positive friends I’ve made on here I’m back to getting my weight and health back in check. Thanks! 😊

Replies

• Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    Well, part of it is the chore of logging, so I base some “better” choices on how much of a pain it will be to log. 😆
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Yeah, until I logged I had no idea how badly I was overeating. I don't log anymore but my food choices and portion sizes are forever changed.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited September 2018
    Yea it's funny I just read what a typical day for you was like and my jaw dropped thinking "OMG that is so much food!" however if I had read that before I ever knew about calorie counting I probably would have thought it sounded normal lol