First post and finally hit 50 pounds loss

na2br2igjlyr.jpeg
I haven’t talked a lot about what I have been doing because I truly hate this emphasis on thin=worth in our society. But since January 2017, I have been religiously logging my food in the free app My Fitness Pal. I don’t have a Fitbit or Apple Watch so I just let the app count my steps.This spring I added Map My Walk and logged my walks around the neighborhood. I believe that by logging my foods, I have been able to note trends and see what my body handles well and what makes me hurt more. I have been officially in remission from Crohn’s disease for a year now. With autoimmune diseases, certain foods just really mess with me, like wheat and artificial sweeteners and other things. But I kept my chocolate and occasionally have wine or my favorite margaritas. I just counted those calories too. I take a lot of vitamins and supplements, but no specific brand. Yay Turmeric and Collagen! I just noted when one seemed to bring benefit or hurt. The ones that hurt got tossed! The ones that brought benefit I cheered! I eat lots and lots of veggies and am pretty passionate about fruits like apples, pineapple, cherries and mango. I am equally passionate about oatmeal and my beloved spinach and beet frittatas. Breakfast today was cauliflower, red peppers and onions, sautéed on my flat top, with coffee of course! Mmmm! I am losing at a rate of about 2.5 pounds per month. Slowly! My doctors are happy with my progress and cheering me on. I will continue this process and be grateful for each day that my body feels good. On the days that I hurt, I don’t feel guilty for not doing the longer walks, because rest is just as necessary to the health of my body. But slow and steady will win the race.

Replies

• DaddyDave101
    DaddyDave101 Posts: 72 Member
    Great achievement, 50lb is no small feat and I am sure plenty of people will have noticed.
  • nowornever0430
    nowornever0430 Posts: 100 Member
    Awesome job!!!
  • mibeans
    mibeans Posts: 6 Member
    Proud of you!!!
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    I am losing at a rate of about 2.5 pounds per month. Slowly! My doctors are happy with my progress and cheering me on.

I think that's the way to success, a healthy, realistic and achievable long term plan, instead of unhealthy and unsustainable diets. Congratulations on your achievement and best of luck with your new lifestyle. :)

• jillstreett
    jillstreett Posts: 69 Member
    So amazing! We can just tell how elated you are, as you should very well be! Keep it up!!!
  • jonesite
    jonesite Posts: 40 Member
    Congratulations! Sounds like a great plan and it's working.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Awesome job and love your lil mermaid phone case👍👍
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    woo-HOO
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Now THAT is one heck of a strong 1st post! Fantastic! Congratulations on taking charge of your health in such a positive and no-nonsense way :)
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    So happy for you, and congratulations on the weight loss and continued good health!
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Congratulations! Such a smart, sustainable plan! I had never considered losing at that rate, but it sure sounds consistent and doable - good for you for having the patience to find something that works for you!
  • aapplewh
    aapplewh Posts: 8 Member
    Great job!
  • Sivjegoose
    Sivjegoose Posts: 7 Member
    Congratulations! Such a smart, sustainable plan! I had never considered losing at that rate, but it sure sounds consistent and doable - good for you for having the patience to find something that works for you!
    Thank you! My profile actually has my calorie goal set to 1 pound per week but my body just doesn’t respond that way. My docs have told me that it is because of auto immune disease and I am sure that is true. It has been frustrating over the years because when you only lose such a small amount each month, it is easy to get discouraged and give up. Non-scale victories are so important with slow loss rates. So I rejoice when it is a long time between infections or migraines. I celebrate when a pair of pants that have been in my closet a long time now fit again. That kind of thing. It took FOREVER to finally reach that “50 pound” banner on my feed! I celebrated that for sure! I have been sad at times when I see others losing so much faster than my body will lose. But those other people have different bodies and different “journeys”. I have 50 more to go and it will take a while. But I will keep moving forward.
  • enilorac1968
    enilorac1968 Posts: 2 Member
    Congratulations! You definitely are on the right track and have a very positive attitude which will take you far.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!