Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited September 2018
    barbp7 wrote: »
    I know, that's a bad attitude. I will really try to get rid of those too big clothes!!

Just keep one size bigger. Up ten pounds only. Get rid of the rest. When you need the bigger clothes then you know it is time to get back to work

This is a good idea. Also, I would "maybe" keep just ONE pair of my largest size ever ( mine was a 22w...which I got rid of ALL of my "fat" clothes) I :# KINDA wish :/ I would have kept one pair just for the comparison when I reach my goal). I give away or toss all of the clothes that are too big for me. The reason I do that is because by The Grace of God I will not EVER be going back to those sizes or lifestyle ever again in life and I can't WON'T hold on to anything anymore that I'm done with.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    snoo61 wrote: »
    {{{*CUE the LOUDEST most ALARMING--yet--EXCITING firetruck, police car, heck helicopter sounds EVER*}}}}

{{{{*CUE the sights and sounds of the MOST happy/cheering parade you can EVER imagine*}}}}}

Okay, WHEW, I'm all hyped up and totally soooooooooo THRILLED! Okay, so I'm in the laundry room doing my beloved husband's folding and preparing to iron this clean laundry, right?!? Well, he passes me by and says:
    "Wow cutie, you're looking slimmmmmmm and gooooooodddddd!!! So, as I'm getting his jeans, ready to iron them, I get this CRAZY idea...to try on a pair of his jeans! Now my husband is a slim and trim tall handsome stud. EVERYONE in my family is slim and trim, except for me. Anyhoo, I try his jeans on and THEY FIT--DID YOU HEAR ME? THEY FIT!!!! Yes, I could button them all the way up and YES, I did have the dreaded "muffin top" in them--BUT THEY FIT!!!!

I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO FIT HIS JEANS IN 15 (MAYBE EVEN 17 YEARS OR MORE....THEYYYYYY FITTTTTT!!!!

I'm am so excited about this. My beloved is a size 32-33 waist (he's 6"2 and about 175-180lbs or so). I'm am so humbled I could SCREAM!!!! I'm going to include the ugly muffin top photo, just to keep me humble and to geek me up to continue on this fabulous road of slim and trimdom!

BOOOOOOOM--THEY FIT!!!!! WOW!!! Thank you Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i534b7snxalg.jpg

2cslpud1c8jr.jpg

TO KEEP ME HUMBLE...HERE'S THE MUFFIN TOP PIC---Bring it, I'm thrilled and excited that I haven't arrived, but I'm almost there!!!! YEAH Baby YEAH!!!!!

ebvnhyl2txz8.jpg

o:)<3o:) YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is totally inspiring and way beyond YAY! Congratulations my friend! You have it going on. You keep showing us that we can, love it!

You're the BEST, period. <3o:)<3
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,718 Member
    I know, that's a bad attitude. I will really try to get rid of those too big clothes!!

Just keep one size bigger. Up ten pounds only. Get rid of the rest. When you need the bigger clothes then you know it is time to get back to work

This is a good idea. Also, I would "maybe" keep just ONE pair of my largest size ever ( mine was a 22w...which I got rid of ALL of my "fat" clothes) I :# KINDA wish :/ I would have kept one pair just for the comparison when I reach my goal). I give away or toss all of the clothes that are too big for me. The reason I do that is because by The Grace of God I will not EVER be going back to those sizes or lifestyle ever again in life and I can't WON'T hold on to anything anymore that I'm done with.

I get rid of all of mine as well. The first time I lost weight I didn't and I think it allowed me to gain back without real consequence. The second time I had started getting rid of my clothes and it helped kickstart me to get back into better habits this time. So now I get rid of even more, including pajamas!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME

I get rid of all of mine as well. The first time I lost weight I didn't and I think it allowed me to gain back without real consequence. The second time I had started getting rid of my clothes and it helped kickstart me to get back into better habits this time. So now I get rid of even more, including pajamas!

Girl.....you would have to mention pajamas! I used to make up for my being "fat"/obese by buying and wearing all kinds of really lovely pjs and lingerie and you've just opened a cluttered area in my life I simply didn't think of/TOO much "stuff" area in my life that I've missed/neglected. I still have a lot of really CUTE pjs and lingerie that is absolutely swimming on me and looks absolutely ridiculous on me now--but I've kept these WAYYYY too big items because they are gorgeous---but DON'T FIT...way TOO BIG on me now and THANK YOU SO MUCH for busting me out/EXPOSING on this area of mine--YOU'RE FABULOUS!!! Got some more/new decluttering to do AND will gain more lovely space as I rid myself of these items. I haven't even considered doing that-- :# yikes :o . I LOVE this thread so much. I LOVE that there are still more areas in my life to LET IT GO that I haven't realized. I LOVE that I haven't "arrived" in so many areas in my life. It's humbling and at the same time so wonderful!
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member

Pajamas! I haven't even tried them on, the ones that were too small but I love them, OMG! Thank you!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited September 2018

Pajamas! I haven't even tried them on, the ones that were too small but I love them, OMG! Thank you!

Girl...Pajamas indeed--who'd thunk it? I LOVE that yours were too small, so now, as you get down to size you'll be able to rock them HARD! What's funny and not so funny is a LOT of my loungewear/pj type of things I couldn't fit for the longest time--too small. THEN as I started the weight blastification in December, these things began/are NOW swimming on me. When I said "lingerie" what I meant lovely pj gowns with matching robes, super cute caftans and lounging robes mega comfortable and again, PRETTY thingys like these--a lot of my things you "could" possible where outside or in the backyard--ya know lounging stuff--so many gorgeous things I'm actually sorry to get rid of now, but LET IT GO I will. :blush:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTT5EVHnmdsBBMU744Utu-efzqc5VG8xXndGxgL7jx1yxMKrcM

05514043_zi_black.jpg

570231663ext3.jpg?imgPolicy=productMed

8347085_fpx.tif?op_sharpen=1

dondd206930_blackplaid?$PLP1440px2017v2$

BGI0V2P_mu.jpg

?format=300w

7335254.jpg

osc6861311x_bluegeo?$PDP542x636$

9938804_fpx.tif}&anchor=0,0&layer=2&size=236,295&posN=1.0,0&wid=472

05504807_zi_plum_stripe.jpg

Ya know, super CUTE stuff like this--I held on to a LOT of stuff like this, because even though they are now swimming on me, again, I just didn't even consider LETTING GO these type of "comfortable lounging" things away.
  • snoo61

Girl...Pajamas indeed--who'd thunk it? I LOVE that yours were too small, so now, as you get down to size you'll be able to rock them HARD! What's funny and not so funny is a LOT of my loungewear/pj type of things I couldn't fit for the longest time--too small. THEN as I started the weight blastification in December, these things began/are NOW swimming on me. When I said "lingerie" what I meant lovely pj gowns with matching robes, super cute caftans and lounging robes mega comfortable and again, PRETTY thingys like these--things you "could" possible where outside or in the backyard--so many gorgeous things I'm actually sorry to get rid of now, but LET IT GO I will. :blush:

05514043_zi_black.jpg

BGI0V2P_mu.jpg

?format=300w

7335254.jpg

Ya know, super CUTE stuff like this--I held on to a LOT of stuff like this, because even though they are now swimming on me, again, I just didn't even consider LETTING GO these type of "comfortable lounging" things away.

How lovely! Just think how beautiful new ones will be!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME

Girl...Pajamas indeed--who'd thunk it? I LOVE that yours were too small, so now, as you get down to size you'll be able to rock them HARD! What's funny and not so funny is a LOT of my loungewear/pj type of things I couldn't fit for the longest time--too small. THEN as I started the weight blastification in December, these things began/are NOW swimming on me. When I said "lingerie" what I meant lovely pj gowns with matching robes, super cute caftans and lounging robes mega comfortable and again, PRETTY thingys like these--things you "could" possible where outside or in the backyard--so many gorgeous things I'm actually sorry to get rid of now, but LET IT GO I will. :blush:

05514043_zi_black.jpg

BGI0V2P_mu.jpg

?format=300w

7335254.jpg

Snoo, you bless my heart so much, so encouraging you are--I LOVE the way you think. THANK YOU! Also, as we get down to size and meeting our goals, it would be so wonderful to have a tailor or better yet, if you can and want to sew, how tremendous that would be! I've been hunting for a tailor that doesn't charge an arm and leg. The tailors I've been to thus far want FAR too much money :o . I've been looking around for a good tailor all this summer.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    I'm dying to do this in my own home too!!!
  • snoo61

05514043_zi_black.jpg

BGI0V2P_mu.jpg

?format=300w

7335254.jpg

Snoo, you bless my heart so much, so encouraging you are--I LOVE the way you think. THANK YOU! Also, as we get down to size and meeting our goals, it would be so wonderful to have a tailor or better yet, if you can and want to sew, how tremendous that would be! I've been hunting for a tailor that doesn't charge an arm and leg. The tailors I've been to thus far want FAR too much money :o . I've been looking around for a good tailor all this summer.

Have you tried dry cleaners? I've heard they are reasonable.
  • snoo61
    VeryKatie wrote: »

Share your adventures with us!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,718 Member
    I'm happy to assist. I got rid of my bigger pj's because I live in them when I'm in the house. I read somewhere, years ago, a tip to losing/maintaining weight was to not have elastic waist pants. The elastic stretches and still feels comfortable so we don't pay attention. I had gotten rid of all of those years ago, but had still kept my pj's. These were way too comfy and so I found myself just going home getting out of any tight clothes to put those on, might as well have kept the elastic waists!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME It's so lovely to see your success happen in so many ways.

• Orphia
    edited September 2018
    VeryKatie wrote: »

@VeryKatie Don't say it! DO IT! :smile:

Then come back and let us know all about it! :heart: :smiley:
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,022 Member
    edited September 2018
    @Orphia Who knew! Lol! Defo, will be following this!

I started decluttering a couple of years ago with Home Solutions 100. Con Maried my closets 2 years ago. Freed up half my drawers in that process. Now in the process of discarding all my big sizes. Was very glad of my hoarded clothes as I dropped weight, but it's time to let them go.
  • Orphia

I started decluttering a couple of years ago with Home Solutions 100. Con Maried my closets 2 years ago. Freed up half my drawers in that process. Now in the process of discarding all my big sizes. Was very glad of my hoarded clothes as I dropped weight, but it's time to let them go.

@TerriRichardson112 So awesome!

Yes, I had hoarded clothes, and it was fun to "go shopping" in my old stuff.

Is Home Solutions 100 online? Google is only giving me energy/solar companies.
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited September 2018
    Orphia wrote: »

@TerriRichardson112 So awesome!

Yes, I had hoarded clothes, and it was fun to "go shopping" in my old stuff.

Is Home Solutions 100 online? Google is only giving me energy/solar companies.

I checked the online details Lol! I signed up for the 15 minute a day challenge. You get weekly updates and reminders and print off sheets.

Google Taylor at Home Storage Solutions 101 the link is below.

https://www.home-storage-solutions-101.com/?utm_source=Home+Storage+Solutions+101+Newsletter+&+Email+Updates&amp;utm_campaign=8a83cf9c86-Free+Printable+Emergency+Supply+List+10-7-16&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_term=0_01cb615f2b-8a83cf9c86-304372037

Focus this week is entryways/halls/mudrooms.
  • snoo61
    Thanks for the link @TerriRichardson112 , I will definitely be checking it out!
  • snoo61
    Took something to our bathroom and found myself decluttering the shelves. Didn't spend a lot of time, just randomly looking at things, and throwing things out. Not finished, but I'll get back to it when I have time. :)
  • TerriRichardson112
    Took something to our bathroom and found myself decluttering the shelves. Didn't spend a lot of time, just randomly looking at things, and throwing things out. Not finished, but I'll get back to it when I have time. :)

I do a quick 10 minutes bathroom declutter most mornings. It helps me keep on top of things.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!