whats wrong today?

I have followed my routine of counting calories and all the other stuff that goes with it now for 27 days. I have not even wanted to go off track. Today I have had 1700 calories already and its not even dinner time yet. I cant seem to get full..Or I just want stuff. I have eaten tapioca, frozen ice, meatloaf, banana, peanut butter/marshmello, milk. Wow whats up with this? I just want to eat, oh ya I had crackers with spreadable cheese too. Im freakin our here. To top it all off I lost on the scale this moring. What am I thinking?

Replies

• lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    I have followed my routine of counting calories and all the other stuff that goes with it now for 27 days. I have not even wanted to go off track. Today I have had 1700 calories already and its not even dinner time yet. I cant seem to get full..Or I just want stuff. I have eaten tapioca, frozen ice, meatloaf, banana, peanut butter/marshmello, milk. Wow whats up with this? I just want to eat, oh ya I had crackers with spreadable cheese too. Im freakin our here. To top it all off I lost on the scale this moring. What am I thinking?
  • Some days, it is just like that. I don't have any wiser words than that. Sometimes, I get weeks where I don't feel full. Do you emotionally eat? Is something bothering you? Maybe not?
  • Sometimes when I weigh on the scale and get a positive result, I think that I can eat badly because I already lost weight. That is one reason that I need to put the scale away.

Also, could you be eating to fill a void? I understand that yesterday was one year since you lost your granddaughter so I am just wondering if that could be part of the reason. I have known myself to void eat or not eat from time to time.. One day does not have to turn into two. Just grab your horse by the reigns and start down the right path again. hugs to you.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    This sounds like a carb craving incident. I have those often. For me, it's usually due to hormones or depression or lack of sunlight. Also, the worse part is that, for me anyway, the more carbs I eat (especially sugar) the more I want.

Take a deep breath and step away from the food. A technique I was given was:

Tell yourself you can eat whatever you want in fifteen minutes. Then, spend fifteen minutes thinking about what you really want. A lot of times, what we want isn't food. And, worse yet, sometimes what we want is impossible to have. I spent much time crying rather than eating during the time I was losing weight.

God's peace to you.:flowerforyou:
  • I'm in the same boat today!! I don't have the answer either, all I can say is that I know one day won't kill you- so don't worry so much about it:tongue: I know that the weekends are killers for me and I'm even considering giving myself them off- I don't know, but I read an article about his lady who lost 50 pounds in 3 months and she never dieted on the weekends. It said that she didn't binge eat on the weekends or anything else but she didn't worry about what she ate then. I'm not sure if that's the way to go or not, but I do know that tomorrow is a new day and I'll do better then. Good luck to you- I'm sure that you can do this!!:wink:
  • maridale
    maridale Posts: 39 Member
    My excuse lately when I have had a bad day is the weather. I believe there are highs & lows connected with everything. You will have easier days. I can do all things through God who gives me strength!
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    I've been doing really, really well for about 6 weeks now, logging food and exercising. Yesterday I ate a muffin and didn't exercise and went to a buffet for dinner. I'm paying for it today. I'm hungrier than I've ever been and have NO energy. I do find that there are times when I just can't get full, so it seems, and a warm low calorie drink seems to soothe the beast within me. Also, making a change helps, like I go to the library and read magazines, or go window shopping, or visit a friend, or do an outside chore, anything to take my mind off of eating and to get food out of my reach. Good luck...
  • I haven't been doing well for several days! I don't mind reading about cutting food/calories. In fact I bought this book called "Where did all the Fat go?" by the doctor who is on the biggest loser tv show. It is interesting but today, well, I ate, a lot. di
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Every few of weeks or so I have days like this too. I just want to devour everthing all day long. I am blaming it on hormones, my surroundings, my mood and anything else I can think of at that moment. I know this takes willpower and sometimes I have zero. I now know that after the day is over (sometimes 2 days) I have to wake up and refocus on tackling this weight. I read and post on here a lot because it keeps my mind in the game. Even on my bad days I am still conscious about what I am doing. I try to put healthy things in as well and I tend to drink water more just to *try* to keep myself in check I also put it into perspective one or two days a month will not erase everything I have done already and it is sooooo motivating to want this scale to keep moving down.
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    I think each of you have great points. I can relate to all of them. Some I never rthought about and some I knew were happening. WEll today is a new day, and its MONDAY. Monday is always a good day to get back on track. So here I go. Thanks guys, i needed this!